Monster Discussion #31: Hedorah (Showa)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Monster Discussion #31: Hedorah (Showa)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Easily one of the most, if not just outright the most, disturbing kaiju in the entire franchise. Both due to what it represents, and by itself as it’s just a gross and vile creature in all its forms. The way Hedorah just puffs up as it guzzles down the fumes from the factory, makes my skin crawl. I’d go so far as to say this is my favorite Showa kaiju that isn’t a member of the Big 5. Menacing and highly unique.

Definitely one i’d love to see come back in the future, properly come back and not just a disrespectful cameo like FW or a cheeky wink and a nod like SP, especially as what Hedorah represents still, and perhaps unfortunately always will, remains highly relevant.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:48 pm -hedo snip-
Apparently there’s gonna be a TOHO(?) livestream soon with Hedorah featured prominently (maybe it’s even about Hedorah, not sure). Hoping they announce some cool merch and maybe, possibly, very much a pipe dream, a remake of Godzilla vs Hedorah.

We are very much due for a reappearance of the garbage monster :Hedorah:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Hedorah is cool. Easily my third favourite Showa villain after the Emperor of the Cosmos and the Metal Doppelganger (sorry Megalon).
For Emperor and Empire!