Monster Discussion #40: Terror-Beasts

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Monster Discussion #40: Terror-Beasts

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I looked everywhere and saw that, while Zone Fighter had his own Monster Discussion thread, his foes did not!

Use this thread to talk about the monstrous, living weapons of the Garoga aliens, the Terror-Beasts! Wargilgar, Spider Uros, Zandora, Needlar, Destro-King... Discuss all of them and more!
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Discussion #40: Terror-Beasts

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I would love for these guys to return, especially in an army.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

they're definitely....interesting looking, that's for sure.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

On Shadorah's Monster Bio, it mentions something called Shipdraw. Does anyone have any idea what that could be?
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

They're an odd bunch, but you could say the same about other tv kaiju. Wargilar, Jellar, and Zandola are my favorites so far.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Grimlock#1 wrote:On Shadorah's Monster Bio, it mentions something called Shipdraw. Does anyone have any idea what that could be?
Ahh, you caught that :) It'll be the updated name for "Jipudoro". His bio will probably be next on the list.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I like Bakugon, another mammalian (space) kaiju. :)

Added in 8 minutes 14 seconds:
Should the Terro-Beasts thread made by Mechagoji Bros be merged with this one?

https://m.vk.com/tokusatsuradioonligne
Someone uploaded a good chunk of ZF episodes. Thanks to Scorpionspear77 on YouTube for finding this.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

UltimateDitto wrote:I like Bakugon, another mammalian (space) kaiju. :)

Added in 8 minutes 14 seconds:
Should the Terro-Beasts thread made by Mechagoji Bros be merged with this one?
Oh ya I forgot I made one, hehe, yeah they should be merged.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mixed bag for me, some are cool, some are lame, and most are basic. If Zone Fighter had been a hit, I wonder which ones would have gone on to be popular like Gomora and Zetton did with Ultraman. If I had to pick some favorites it would probably be Gilgaras, Barugaras, and Grotogauros.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Godzillian wrote:Mixed bag for me, some are cool, some are lame, and most are basic. If Zone Fighter had been a hit, I wonder which ones would have gone on to be popular like Gomora and Zetton did with Ultraman. If I had to pick some favorites it would probably be Gilgaras, Barugaras, and Grotogauros.
Agreed, monsters like Barukidon and Gundarguirus look like they belong in Ultraman, most monsters like Spider Uros and Zandolla look like they could fit in a Godzilla movie.

If Zone Fighter did amazing over here, we might have gotten a Heisei series and maybe a millennium series as well.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Grotogauros is the Mysterio of kaiju.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Love (almost) all of them. Really hope they return one day with some badass redesigns, especially ones like Zandora and Wargilgar.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spyler is my guy, love him.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

UltimateDitto wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:29 pm
Godzillian wrote:Mixed bag for me, some are cool, some are lame, and most are basic. If Zone Fighter had been a hit, I wonder which ones would have gone on to be popular like Gomora and Zetton did with Ultraman. If I had to pick some favorites it would probably be Gilgaras, Barugaras, and Grotogauros.
Agreed, monsters like Barukidon and Gundarguirus look like they belong in Ultraman, most monsters like Spider Uros and Zandolla look like they could fit in a Godzilla movie.

If Zone Fighter did amazing over here, we might have gotten a Heisei series and maybe a millennium series as well.
They're all beauties.

tlyon2
Yojimbo

Post by tlyon2 »

One of the Terror Beasts that I like is Balgaras because of his look and he has the most bizarre death out of any of the other monsters. When you see sparks fly from his body, then see a cross rises up from the ground along with a floating halo above the cross it doesn't get any more bizarre then that!

But I love it all just the same' if any monster needs to make a come back it should be Balgaras.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Like any lineup in a monster of the week format, you are gonna have winners and you are gonna have some losers. Quality varies Terror Beast to Terror Beast but overall they served their main function of being quirky foes for Zone Fighter to defeat.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:37 am Love (almost) all of them. Really hope they return one day with some badass redesigns, especially ones like Zandora and Wargilgar.
These two would look fantastic with an update, especially Zandola.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.