Showa Theories

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Showa Theories

Post by Zarm »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
Zarm wrote:The one that ended with one of them on fire and both of them apparently dead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-stNUihLBY
When one of them fell into the lava, the other refused without its mate and chose to die with it, burnt to a crisp.
Yep, that's the one I was talking about. :) (I was just responding somewhat snarkily to the previously-posted question; in the vein of 'Oh, you mean this gate key?' ;) )
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Zarm wrote:Yep, that's the one I was talking about. :) (I was just responding somewhat snarkily to the previously-posted question; in the vein of 'Oh, you mean this gate key?' ;) )
Oh, right.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mogranda from Zone Fighter is some sort of relative to whatever species Gigan is.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote: The rodan from GTTHM was one of the 1956 Rodans
Source to confirm your statement?
Have you even watched the movie?
How do you know it was not their offspring?

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

The prophetess says something along the lines of, 'the volcanic fumes in the mountain will revive Rodan.' Meaning one of the Rodans from the 56 film survived.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Tbh I prefer thinking of the kaiju as not multiplying: one Anguirus, two Rodans, one Baragon, one Manda, etc. Its simpler, and kaiju 'deaths' aren't hard to explain; Anguirus and Rodan might have appeared to burn to death, but perhaps they only suffered surface injuries and were able to heal over the years.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Ivo-goji wrote:Tbh I prefer thinking of the kaiju as not multiplying: one Anguirus, two Rodans, one Baragon, one Manda, etc. Its simpler, and kaiju 'deaths' aren't hard to explain; Anguirus and Rodan might have appeared to burn to death, but perhaps they only suffered surface injuries and were able to heal over the years.
Makes sense especially for Anguirus- he's survived worse than getting burned and bit at the neck.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Ivo-goji wrote:Tbh I prefer thinking of the kaiju as not multiplying: one Anguirus, two Rodans, one Baragon, one Manda, etc. Its simpler, and kaiju 'deaths' aren't hard to explain; Anguirus and Rodan might have appeared to burn to death, but perhaps they only suffered surface injuries and were able to heal over the years.
Considering Manda was drilled into many little pieces in Atragon, I kind of doubt he survived...
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

I like to believe that the kaiju are indeed species, and the first Anguirus was reduced to ash. While the second Anguirus survived worse, I doubt the first one would walk away from being set alight by Godzilla's heat ray, unlike Kong, 55 angy was subjected to a blast that engulfed most of his body.. Meanwhile a second, somewhat milder Anguirus appeared after Solgell island thawed out.
The first Baragon had his neck broken, and the second one is presumably smaller, Showa Rodan I assume is the male Rodan, his face and body disfigured by the lava from 56, but very much alive.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

地殻にたまった火山ガスでラドンが復活のです。

"Chikaku ni tamatta kazan gasu de Radon ga fukkatsu no desu."

This is the Prophetess' line at the Aso crater. Google Translate: "Rodan is [being] restored [by] volcanic gas accumulated in the crust." Classic Media translated it as, "The volcanic gas accumulated in the crust will resurrect Rodan." I have a bootleg that translates it simply as, "Inside the crater, Rodan is reviving."

Whatever you prefer, the key word is "fukkatsu," which can be translated as "restore," "resurrect," "revive," etc. The line very clearly means that the Rodan in the Showa Godzilla films is one of the monsters from the 1956 film. If Shinichi Sekizawa meant any differently he would have written something else.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
Considering Manda was drilled into many little pieces in Atragon, I kind of doubt he survived...
Manda wasn't drilled to a million pieces in Atragon, it was frozen and thats it
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Terasawa wrote:地殻にたまった火山ガスでラドンが復活のです。

This is the Prophetess' line at the Aso crater. Google Translate: "Rodan is [being] restored [by] volcanic gas accumulated in the crust." Classic Media translated it as, "The volcanic gas accumulated in the crust will resurrect Rodan." I have a bootleg that translates it simply as, "Inside the crater, Rodan is reviving."

Whatever you prefer, the key word is "fukkatsu," which can be translated as "restore," "resurrect," "revive," etc. The line very clearly means that the Rodan in the Showa Godzilla films is one of the monsters from the 1956 film. If Shinichi Sekizawa meant any differently he would have written something else.
Wow. Nicely researched! I suppose that is game, set, and match.

Added in 2 minutes 27 seconds:
Billzilla1974 wrote:I like to believe that the kaiju are indeed species, and the first Anguirus was reduced to ash. While the second Anguirus survived worse, I doubt the first one would walk away from being set alight by Godzilla's heat ray, unlike Kong, 55 angy was subjected to a blast that engulfed most of his body.. Meanwhile a second, somewhat milder Anguirus appeared after Solgell island thawed out.
The first Baragon had his neck broken, and the second one is presumably smaller, Showa Rodan I assume is the male Rodan, his face and body disfigured by the lava from 56, but very much alive.
It's tricky; because on the surface, just one (especially since many appear to be unique mutations or even unique survival stories for ancient species) makes a lot more sense.

But then, the genre was started by a film where the title monster was killed and an identical, identically-mutated monster of the same species emerged for the sequel, so clearly this is a universe in which Occam's Razor has been blunted. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Terasawa wrote:The line very clearly means that the Rodan in the Showa Godzilla films is one of the monsters from the 1956 film. If Shinichi Sekizawa meant any differently he would have written something else.
There still have been numerous publications that state its a different Rodan (Though not necessarily the offspring of the originals), have there not? And I guess one could debate exactly how "true" her prophecy turned out to be (In how accurate it really was), but I guess it ultimately doesn't matter. Regardless if they're truly the same or not, I do view it as Rodan's return in spirit.
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Manda wasn't drilled to a million pieces in Atragon, it was frozen and thats it
Yeah, it turns out you're right. Still, given the radically different appearance of the two, I feel they're different individuals.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Terasawa wrote:地殻にたまった火山ガスでラドンが復活のです。

Nice find!

tlyon2
Yojimbo

Post by tlyon2 »

Here's a new theory and it might not be to far off the mark' We know that the Garogas don't make all their Terror Beasts on their own, some are taken from other planets in the Garoga System. is this what one of the Garogas meant when he called King Ghidorah a Terror Beast because he perhaps comes from the Garogas System? I know the narrator called King Ghidorah a Super Terror Beast two times' once from each episode, but not sure if that should count towards as some kind of confirmation or not?

But I do like the idea better that he was a natural born monster that just happen to came somewhere from the Garoga System' rather than being made by them, at least in this way they can claim they still own him simply because he just happens to be from their star system.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It does make KG more frightening when he's a natural monster that chooses to go on a sadistic planet destroying spree rather than a monster that was created for destruction.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:01 pm Mogranda from Zone Fighter is some sort of relative to whatever species Gigan is.
Its literally two Garoga dudes that fused together
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Gojira1604 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:29 pm
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:01 pm Mogranda from Zone Fighter is some sort of relative to whatever species Gigan is.
Its literally two Garoga dudes that fused together
Hey you're talkin' to a guy whose never seen a full episode of Zone Fighter :lol: :P

Oh man, that old post of mine is a trip down memory lane though! Five years ago... man oh man. Simpler times.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

Great Prophecies of Nostradamus takes place between TOMG and DAM.

Thankfully, humanity got its shit together while most kaiju were dead or hibernated.

Gorath?

Oof, maybe the Moon was only damaged or temporarily displaced?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

King Ceasar has the power to create illusions with the gem on his forehead. It can't work on non-organic opponents, i.e Mechagodzilla.