Showa Theories

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: Showa Theories

Post by godjacob »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:44 pm King Ceasar has the power to create illusions with the gem on his forehead. It can't work on non-organic opponents, i.e Mechagodzilla.
Too bad he couldn't put up the illusion he was more useful in that movie :lol:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:44 pm King Ceasar has the power to create illusions with the gem on his forehead. It can't work on non-organic opponents, i.e Mechagodzilla.
I wonder, if KC had been in ToMG, could this power have worked on Katsura. She has a living brain and was controlling the robot.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

godjacob wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:26 am
He was more useful than even Anguirus was, sad to say.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:01 pm
godjacob wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:26 am
He was more useful than even Anguirus was, sad to say.
Was he, though?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I think the giant sea snake may be a relative of Titanoboa. Boas can swim well, and it's possible this led to an offshoot of the snake that returned to the water.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Makes me wish we got something that featured the Giant Condor, Giant Sea Serpent and Giant Octopus together for a film.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

godjacob wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:34 pm Makes me wish we got something that featured the Giant Condor, Giant Sea Serpent and Giant Octopus together for a film.
One of the past stories in G-FAN's long-running fan fiction series The Journal of Dr. Rex Summerall by Skip Peel did just that.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What if the baby Rodan seen hatching in 1956 was the same one who would end up encountering Godzilla, himself being the offspring of the two adult Rodans in the film?

dagarah
Ronin

Post by dagarah »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:44 pm What if the baby Rodan seen hatching in 1956 was the same one who would end up encountering Godzilla, himself being the offspring of the two adult Rodans in the film?
That's always been my headcanon regarding 60's Rodan . :Rodan56: