Non-Kurosawa Yojimbo films thread

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Non-Kurosawa Yojimbo films thread

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Despite being one of the most famous characters in Japanese cinema, very few know that Toshiro Mifune's legendary Sanjuro character appeared in two other Japanese films from 1970, albeit in color, and not directed by Akira Kurosawa.
ZATOICHI MEETS YOJIMBO
INCIDENT AT BLOOD PASS

I recently watched ZATOICHI MEETS YOJIMBO, and found it to be quite entertaining, though not without it flaws. (I simply could not believe Mifune's Sanjuro falling in love, epically with that character) I haven't seen any other Zatoichi films, though I do plan on checking a few out in the future.

I have yet to watch INCIDENT AT BLOOD PASS, though I plan on doing so very soon. Shintarô Katsu, who played Zatoichi, appears in the film, supposedly playing a villain this time.

Anyways, has anyone else here seen INCIDENT? Do you think the Sanjuro in these films is the same as the one in Kuroswa's classics? Discuss these films here!
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

The Killer Meteor
Yojimbo

Re: Non-Kurosawa Yojimbo films thread

Post by The Killer Meteor »

I wonder why Toho seems to think Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo is from 1965? Even the recent Criterion Blu-ray has a forced copyright notice with that date on its transfer.