Showa Series: Head Canon & Theories

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Denis
Monsterland Worker

Re: Showa Series: Head Canon & Theories

Post by Denis »

I do have a head canon that King Ghidorah is destroying planets for fun because it’s his way to cope that he’s the last of his kind, of course before 2nd Gen Ghidorah appeared which was cloned i think

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Denis wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:28 pm I do have a head canon that King Ghidorah is destroying planets for fun because it’s his way to cope that he’s the last of his kind, of course before 2nd Gen Ghidorah appeared which was cloned i think
They’re the same Ghidorah though…?
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:35 am
Denis wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:28 pm I do have a head canon that King Ghidorah is destroying planets for fun because it’s his way to cope that he’s the last of his kind, of course before 2nd Gen Ghidorah appeared which was cloned i think
Toho claims the one in Gigan and Zone Fighter is a weaker Ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:54 pm
Toho says a lot of things.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:58 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:54 pm

Toho says a lot of things.
Well the Garogas say they created king Ghidorah so maybe they made the second one.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:00 pmWell the Garogas say they created king Ghidorah so maybe they made the second one.
They never say such a thing in the episodes. Really have no idea where that rumor came from or why it still comes up.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I like to think that after KKvG, King Kong got back to Faro island safely and just hung out there for the rest of the Showa series timeline, not being seen as a big enough threat to try and contain on Monster island or powerful enough to mind control.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Regarding the two orbs in GvH, my theory is that they might be an extra pair of dormant eyes, to use as replacement in case one of Hedorah's current working eyes ever got damaged, removed, or dislocated.
Or perhaps a special pair of organs used to store Hedorah's power and abilities, similar to how we humans have two kidneys each.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Gojira1604 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:30 pm Speaking of Zone Fighter, what do you all think happened to him & his family ?
They probably defeated the Garogas once and for all and decide to retire from being superheroes and live in peace on Earth.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Thanos6
Samurai

Post by Thanos6 »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:16 pm I think this was already said but to me Gojira and Kotm are both canon. Gojira is the events of the film told from a netural point. We are seeing the 1954 film almost as if we are a God watching the event happen.

Kotm is Raymond Burr telling the stroy with his bais and his understanding of what's going on.

Both movies are telling the same even but Burr is not an omnipotent narrator like on the events of Gojira.
I came up with that theory as well.

Steve Martin suffered a head injury when the building he was in collapsed; a lot of his head is covered in bandages when we see him in the clinic later. This caused him some problems with his recent memories, and the story he narrates in KOTM is what his confused brain thinks has happened, with the order of several events jumbled up.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thanos6 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:11 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:16 pm I think this was already said but to me Gojira and Kotm are both canon. Gojira is the events of the film told from a netural point. We are seeing the 1954 film almost as if we are a God watching the event happen.

Kotm is Raymond Burr telling the stroy with his bais and his understanding of what's going on.

Both movies are telling the same even but Burr is not an omnipotent narrator like on the events of Gojira.
I came up with that theory as well.

Steve Martin suffered a head injury when the building he was in collapsed; a lot of his head is covered in bandages when we see him in the clinic later. This caused him some problems with his recent memories, and the story he narrates in KOTM is what his confused brain thinks has happened, with the order of several events jumbled up.
That's a clever way of intertwining both versions.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The Odo islanders represent a culture and ethnicity distinct from modern Japan.

The Mysterians based Moguera on a creature native to their home world.

The Mysterians are a lost colony of humans who acquired advanced technology from an alien race who visited earth during the Neolithic age.

Aforementioned alien race helped other primitive humans by giving them the resources to develop advanced civilizations such as Mu and Seatopia.

I like the idea of Minya being Shodai Goji's biological son as it was part of Tomoyuki Tanaka's headcanon, the one part I disagree with being that Shodai being female.

I also approve of the theory that Gigan was created on Nebula Space Hunter M to combat Hedorah.

Zone Fighter and his race are beings representing a state in which biology and technology are meshed so perfectly that there is virtually no difference.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:13 am
I like the idea of Minya being Shodai Goji's biological son as it was part of Tomoyuki Tanaka's headcanon, the one part I disagree with being that Shodai being female.
I've heard the Minya is ShodaiGoji's son theory a lot but never heard someone in Toho actually entertained the idea before.

As for Godzilla's sex a ways thought Toho went with He or It due to King of the Monsters being an accepted nickname as well as Mothra's femininity being expressed so much in comparison to Godzilla.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The reason Seatopia is a technical utopia but can't seem to work it and needs to steal Jet Jaguar is they inherited the city from more advanced ancestors and over time, forgot how to use it (think City of Embers where they don't understand a "it's ok to leave the bunker, the war is over" as more then a prophecy and can't really understand matches and candles until they trial and error it.) The Nebulan partnership is secretly because the Space Hunter Ms DO know how it works and are secretly stealing it for their own use, eventually planning to destroy Seatopia altogether.

The Nebulans plan in Gigan was to lure Earth kaiju to World Children's Land with the different tapes and then have them be killed by Gigan, Ghidorah and the Godzilla Tower (hence why it's so strong and in the park). The planned kaiju showcase was actually a morbid trophy room of the dead kaijus bodies on display, until they had killed enough and then could ravish the Earth with Gigan and Ghidorah. They had tapes for every kaiju, the human characters only stole the Godzilla and Anguirus tape to call them. The stealing of the tape forced the "attack Earth THEN try to kill Godzilla and Anguirus" plan.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:40 pm The reason Seatopia is a technical utopia but can't seem to work it and needs to steal Jet Jaguar is they inherited the city from more advanced ancestors and over time, forgot how to use it (think City of Embers where they don't understand a "it's ok to leave the bunker, the war is over" as more then a prophecy and can't really understand matches and candles until they trial and error it.) The Nebulan partnership is secretly because the Space Hunter Ms DO know how it works and are secretly stealing it for their own use, eventually planning to destroy Seatopia altogether.

The Nebulans plan in Gigan was to lure Earth kaiju to World Children's Land with the different tapes and then have them be killed by Gigan, Ghidorah and the Godzilla Tower (hence why it's so strong and in the park). The planned kaiju showcase was actually a morbid trophy room of the dead kaijus bodies on display, until they had killed enough and then could ravish the Earth with Gigan and Ghidorah. They had tapes for every kaiju, the human characters only stole the Godzilla and Anguirus tape to call them. The stealing of the tape forced the "attack Earth THEN try to kill Godzilla and Anguirus" plan.
That's an interesting head canon but all I could think of now is why would you lure Godzilla and Angurius of all kaiju together.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Everyone knows how Godzilla was pretty inactive between 1975 and 1999. Well, my personal headcanon says otherwise. I propose my version of the events between ToMG and DAM.

Godzilla vs Bakkan (1978): The world is put at peace after the final Simeon defeat. Until an ancient evil is awoken, in the form of Bakan. Godzilla challenges him, and loses the initial fight, with Bakan’s sheer strength proving too much. However, after a team of humans convinces Mothra to join the fight, she along with Godzilla once again face off with Bakan, with the two being able to overwhelm the beast, with Godzilla giving the final blow and Mothra sealing Balkan back in his tomb from which he came.

Godzilla and King Kong: Invasion of the Gargantuas (1980): Godzilla and Kong face off once again, and even with Kong regaining his amplification, Godzilla still kicks his ass. However, Godzilla is forced to make up with Kong in order to fight the real enemy… an army of Gargantuas! The two destroy the monster army and part ways, not as sworn enemies but rather allies.

Zone Fighter: The Movie (1984): The Zones live peacefully in Japan, but all that changes when a monster with a vendetta hunts down Sakimori. Megalon, distraught at the death of his comrade Gigan a decade prior, lives with a deep hatred for Zone Fighter. The two eventually clash with them being evenly matched. Megalon’s grown in skill since he fought Godzilla and JJ. Megalon fights ZF three times within the film, with the final battle ending with Zone Fighter defeating Megalon, the beetle cowering for mercy.ZF recognises he’s a deity of a sovereign people who have not wronged him, so he leaves Megalon to his own devices. To die out in the countryside? Or to retreat back underground? It’s left ambiguous for now.

Godzilla vs The Meganula (1985): Godzilla and Rodan face off against the hive mind Meganula and Meganulon, with the film culminating in a battle with Megaguirus. Not much here. The Showa Super X makes an appearance.

Godzilla vs Orga (1987): Godzilla fights the Millennians, who take the form of a beast we’d know as Orga. They want to steal Godzilla’s dna to live as Godzilla. Obviously, our karate badass defeats the monster by the first ever use of the nuclear pulse.

Godzilla vs Biollante (1990): Back in 1964, a woman was killed by Godzilla’s rampage, and her crazed scientist boyfriend has been driven to insanity ever since. By combining her DNA with that of a rose and Godzilla, Biollante is created. She retains her soul, and driven by her boyfriend’s need for revenge and his influence over her, attacks Godzilla, who is of course a hero. Godzilla battles Biollante, but during their duel, Godzilla goes out of his way to protect people from possibly being killed, which challenges Biollante’s perception of Godzilla. The two stop fighting and have a conversation. Godzilla understands what he did all those years ago, and mourns for her and apologises. Biollante reluctantly accepts this apology, and the two confront her boyfriend. Biollante talks to him and asks him to forgive Godzilla, as she fades out of existence and into the afterlife.

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah (1991): Ah yes, the one on one we’ve all been looking for. King Ghidorah, once again, is free of control and is now capable of his full power. Destroying a lot of cities, King Ghidorah seeks revenge on Godzilla due to personal pride. The two battle like they always do, and it’s a generally even match. Ghidorah proves tough for even the prime Showa Godzilla, and is only defeated when Godzilla breaks Ghidorah’s middle neck. He once again flees into space…

Godzilla vs Battra (1992): Godzilla fights Battra with the help of Mothra, an elderly version of the Mothra who aided him against Bakan. Mothra dies but Battra is slain by Godzilla.

Meister Titano’s Counterattack (1993): Futurians arrive from 2075 claiming Godzilla turns on them in the future, destroying Japan. To counter Godzilla, the Futurians whose the reanimated corpse of Titanosaurus who died in 1975. This is not true however, and it’s in fact a ploy for the Futurians to conquer the world. Godzilla defeats Meister Titano and destroys the Futurians.

Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla (1994): King Ghidorah’s retreat into space brought g cells into space, which fell into a black hole and emerged as SpaceGodzilla, who makes a beeline to earth to meet his “father”. The two clash after SpaceGodzilla kidnaps Minya. Godzilla fights SpaceGodzilla and only defeats him with a powerup, the Red Ray, which overloads SpaceGodzilla’s crystal shoulders, and blasts a hole clean through SG’s chest.

Godzilla vs Destoroyah (1995): Godzilla, Anguirus and Kong fight Destoroyah, who is his toughest opponent yet. Nearly dying, he is revived from the brink of death by King Kong, who sacrifices his life energy. Godzilla’s abilities for a short time are adhanced to such a point, where the much larger and more powerful Destoroyah is physically overpowered by Godzilla and his beams have little effect on the king. Destoroyah is only killed however when the crippled and gutted monster is frozen to death by the JSDF.

Godzilla vs Godzilla: Godzilla fights Mechagodzilla, who is operated by the soul of the 1954 Godzilla despite being made by the JSDF. Godzilla defeats MG in short order, but his soul lives on, with 54 Godzilla possessing Godzilla’s friends and attacking him with their bodies. Anguirus and Rodan are possessed but defeated without killing them, and Godzilla finally puts the original’s soul to rest by obliterating it with his atomic breath.
For Emperor and Empire!

MamaMia2021
Ronin

Post by MamaMia2021 »

Voyager wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:20 pm -snip-
FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE WHO THINKS THE SHOWA GODZILLA FOUGHT A GHOST GODZILLA IN ONE PERIOD OF TIME.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.