Favourite of the Showa Godzilla Aliens

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

Which is your favourite of these alien races?

Xiliens
42%
Kilaaks
No votes
M Space Hunter Nebulans
19%
Black Hole Planet 3 Aliens (Simeons)
40%

Total votes: 43

Voyager
Keizer

Favourite of the Showa Godzilla Aliens

Post by Voyager »

I’ve always loved the Simeons. Their jumpsuits, their personalities, their monsters, they’re just so 70s and I love it. 2nd place goes to the Xiliens, I love Miss Namikawa and X.
For Emperor and Empire!

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Re: Favourite of the Showa Godzilla Aliens

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Xiliens had the best outfits and the clearest motivation so they get my vote.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Poor Mysterians...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I love them all, but i gotta give it to the Xiliens. I just love their costume design so much.

And as a kid i remember reading pseudo science books that had sections on "Planet X" or a planet beyond pluto lol.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I vote for the Simeons. Those silver costumes were very sci fi, but those helmets made the whole uniform. A big part of the reason is Kuronuma from G vs MG. He doesn't have the class of the Xilien leader, but he has the charm and vaudevillian feel that fit the film perfectly.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Xiliens > Simeons > Nebula M >>>>>>>>>> Kilaaks. Kilaaks were horribly dull.
Resized Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

My personal favorite were the Xiliens, but a close second would have to be the M Space Hunter aliens. I love all the aliens in the Showa era, but those two hold the highest spot for me.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Going for the good old Black Hole aliens because.. well, it's freaking alien apes. How much more hammy can you get?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Alien pigs?

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

gomezm6
Ronin

Post by gomezm6 »

Difficult decision, but I will say that I do like them all, though the Kilaaks I like the least. Probably because they are the first, the Xiliens are one of the best, and since Gigan is one of my favorite Godzilla films (of the 1970s), I do like Nebula Space Hunter M. The same would go for the Simians, but it is glaring that although they are supposed to be the same race (and the same actor Goro Mutusmi, plays the Simian leader in each film) it is still glaring that those in Terror of Mechagodzilla are not the same type as those in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (though I could see them continuing the Planet of the Apes theme with the first representing the apes and the second representing the irradiated humans).
Last edited by gomezm6 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Simeons for sure, ToMG makes them downright terrifying.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

They do show a bigger cruel streak than in the previous film.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Simeons are a good choice. I picked the Nebulans because they got the best style, hands down.
I think the "real" answer is the Xiliens, because they're so iconic. But for me, you can't beat drippy cockroaches*.

*with their own kaiju theme park that also hand out free cigarettes
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

The Nebulan's...I think more should have been done with the theme park. Like maybe make it functional but...off. And then you slowly realized its a theme park made for cockroach people rather than humans.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Dinoskell wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:14 pm The Nebulan's...I think more should have been done with the theme park. Like maybe make it functional but...off. And then you slowly realized its a theme park made for cockroach people rather than humans.
Suspicions would probably have grown earlier on if the park was filled with giant refrigerators, ovens and garbage cans that everyone ran under as soon as the sun came up/lights in the park turned on.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

The Xliens are objectively more fleshed out and iconic, and therefore in a serious scenario I would pick them. However, generally speaking I like the Nebulans as the thought of giant cockroaches desperately trying to pass as human is amusing.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Have you ever seen the movie Mimic?