MAJOR PREY SPOILERS vs Berserker Predator

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

MAJOR PREY SPOILERS vs Berserker Predator

Post by ShinGojira14 »

WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!

VS

Berserker Predator

Rules: Both Yautja have standard equipment; No retreat; Fight to the Death.

Battleground: At the edge of a forest, Northern Great Plains, North America.

Verdict: The Feral is quick and smart enough to avoid Berserker's plasma spamming—at which point he'll either get in close to Berserker, or return fire with his spear gun. Either way, Berserker's plasma spamming is likely his best hope at winning here; for even though Berserker's no joke at combat, Feral is undoubtedly the more skilled melee combatant and would triumph up close. For (supposedly) a Young Blood, he was mean enough to match and kill a healthy boar grizzly bear one-on-one, to say nothing of his prowess dealing with several Native American warriors and French voyageurs.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: MAJOR PREY SPOILERS vs Berserker Predator

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Feral should win if he can close the distance. All around superior melee tech and skill, along with outright better strength means he’ll wreck in close quarters. Berserker’s only advantage is his Plasmacaster and lack of honor, cause the Plasmacaster is definitely better than the slow to fire crossbow gun. I think he could close distance more often than not, he’s pretty fast and agile.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Having literally just seen the movie like 10 minutes ago, I can say for certain that the Feral wins pretty easily. Despite the low-tech nature of his equipment, he uses it extremely effectively. He's also an insane damage sponge: withstanding fire from muskets, blows from axes, spears, arrows, knives, stabbed through the shoulder by his own combi-stick, and even getting mauled by a goddamn bear. He also got his arm chopped off and was basically like "meh" and continued fighting like nothing happened. This was also after getting shot in the back of the head by a black powder pistol. Honestly, I'd give the Feral good odds against even the more technologically advanced predators like The Fugitive, Jungle Hunter and City Hunter. Dude really knows how to make the most of his kit.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

]I'll bite, I think everyone is gonna have new toy syndrome with Prey. Yes the Feral is quick and showed great durability, but they're all very standard durability and speed feats for Yautja.
Spoiler:
Durability: Predator Concrete Jungle, Scarface took a bullet to his eye and was fine. Along with characters like City Hunter and Smiley being able to continue fighting with only one arm. And of course Predator: Primal where a Predator takes on a grizzly for two issues.
While I'm not trying to downplay the feral predator I just don't think he went above the typical Predator standard. With that said I think Mr. Black has this simply from a lore standpoint. His species are just bigger and stronger and according to Nolan is like comparing a dog to a wolf. We see this in the movie, while the classic yautja is able to get some hits in, the super predator was still able to rag doll him around and ended up winning.