Gamera Showa vs. Gwangi

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Gamera Showa vs. Gwangi

Post by HillyHulk »

Gamera vs. Gwangi

Links to bios:
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Gamera_(Showa)
https://gwangipedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gwangi

Verdict:
Gwangi has durability while Gamera has endurance. Gwangi could likely handle the fire breath, seeing as it took a mixture of elements to end Gwangi with fire. If bitten down hard and long enough, the tusks might be able to pierce the skin with how big they are. If things get hairy, he could fly away while keeping himself safe with tucking his limbs in. Gamera can last in the battle quite a bit and if he fights wisely (which he does typically fight smart) he can probably find a way to win.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Re: Gamera Showa vs. Gwangi

Post by Houndoom »

I've never seen Valley of Gwangi but isn't this just a regular dinosaur. Whether Gamera is scaled to him or vice versa, abilities and durability should still be a thing so Gamera should stomp.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Inferno Rodan’s gonna love this one.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Gamera sets the place on fire and Gwangi dies not from burning alive in fire, but from smoke inhalation and suffocation.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Nagoda wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:17 pm Gamera sets the place on fire and Gwangi dies not from burning alive in fire, but from smoke inhalation and suffocation.
That's actually a VERY valid argument, lol.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gamera roasts Gwangi into Thanksgiving Allosaurus and shares it with the rest of the Showa Era Kaiju.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultra Zilla »

Spuro wrote:
> Inferno Rodan’s gonna love this one.

Oh He will

Anyways Gamera would take this.While hes not as powerful or impressive as Showa Godzilla or ultramen, He is still impressive being able to beat fighters such as Gyaos,Barugon,Guiron,Viras,Jiger and Zigra. Not To mention he can fly out of Gwangis way and Finish him off with his fire breath. Gwangi Realistically would just be a Giant Allosaurus While Gamera is a Kaiju from a era where multiple Kaiju (like Gomora,Godzilla,Rodan,Anguirus Ect) could tank any Military attack

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

*sigh*

Fine. I'll bite. I had every intention of just ignoring this, but since people seem to just be dying for me to post I guess I'll humor you.

I hope all of you that are saying Gamera would roast Gwangi also believe that the same would happen to MV Kong, because Gwangi showed greater resistance to fire than the ape. Gwangi also, at his regular size, showed at least comparable durability to the kaiju-sized Gamera on one occasion: In Gamera vs Jiger, rifle fire caused Gamera notable distress. Being shot at essentially point-blank by a rifle just got Gwangi's attention. Obviously that's an exceeding low showing on Gamera's part and not one that should be taken seriously, but anyone dismissing Gwangi as "JuSt A rEgUlAr DiNoSaUr" is being real damn silly. He's as much a "regular dinosaur" as Blue the Velociraptor is.

Gamera also has an incredibly bad habit of just completely freezing up and ceasing to function when he takes damage. He just stood there, holding his arm out, letting Gyaos shoot the exact same spot multiple times with the Sonic Cutter. Jiger's spears and Guiron's shurikens had similar effects. But then of course there was the time he basically shrugged off getting COMPLETELY FUCKING IMPALED by Viras.

That said, yes, Gwangi absolutely will not like Gamera's flames. It won't do anything to him, but he's definitely wary of fire regardless and it'll make him back off. This goes for both Gamera's flamethrower and his propulsion jets.

Basically what I see happening is Gwangi rushes Gamera and starts chewing, quickly pulling Gamera off balance. Once he's pinned on the ground, Gamera's gonna do what Gamera does and turtle up, leaving Gwangi to try chewing on the shell to little effect. After some amount of time, Gamera will activate his jets and take off, then probably loop around and ram Gwangi from the air, which won't really do anything. Then Gamera will land and the process will start over from the beginning. This'll go on for a long time, since neither side is really capable of harming the other a whole lot. It'll basically end one of two ways: Either Gamera eventually suffers enough damage and retreats, or he figures out that Gwangi really hates fire and tries to torch the surroundings. The latter option probably wouldn't be terribly effective considering the arena (the Colosseum is made out of stone and concrete, so it's not exactly flammable), but if Gamera goes hard enough with the fire it'd probably be enough to make Gwangi turn tail regardless.

There. You guys happy now?
Last edited by Inferno Rodan on Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Inferno Rodan wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:15 pm There. You guys happy now?
Immeasurably delighted. :P
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Inferno Rodan wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:15 pm *sigh*

Fine. I'll bite. I had every intention of just ignoring this, but since people seem to just be dying for me to post I guess I'll humor you.

I hope all of you that are saying Gamera would roast Gwangi also believe that the same would happen to MV Kong, because Gwangi showed greater resistance to fire than the ape. Gwangi also, at his regular size, showed at least comparable durability to the kaiju-sized Gamera on one occasion: In Gamera vs Jiger, rifle fire caused Gamera notable distress. Being shot at essentially point-blank by a rifle just got Gwangi's attention. Obviously that's an exceeding low showing on Gamera's part and not one that should be taken seriously, but anyone dismissing Gwangi as "JuSt A rEgUlAr DiNoSaUr" is being real damn silly. He's as much a "regular dinosaur" as Blue the Velociraptor is.

Gamera also has an incredibly bad habit of just completely freezing up and ceasing to function when he takes damage. He just stood there, holding his arm out, letting Gyaos shoot the exact same spot multiple times with the Sonic Cutter. Jiger's spears and Guiron's shurikens had similar effects. But then of course there was the time he basically shrugged off getting COMPLETELY skreeonking IMPALED by Viras.

That said, yes, Gwangi absolutely will not like Gamera's flames. It won't do anything to him, but he's definitely wary of fire regardless and it'll make him back off. This goes for both Gamera's flamethrower and his propulsion jets.

Basically what I see happening is Gwangi rushes Gamera and starts chewing, quickly pulling Gamera off balance. Once he's pinned on the ground, Gamera's gonna do what Gamera does and turtle up, leaving Gwangi to try chewing on the shell to little effect. After some amount of time, Gamera will activate his jets and take off, then probably loop around and ram Gwangi from the air, which won't really do anything. Then Gamera will land and the process will start over from the beginning. This'll go on for a long time, since neither side is really capable of harming the other a whole lot. It'll basically end one of two ways: Either Gamera eventually suffers enough damage and retreats, or he figures out that Gwangi really hates fire and tries to torch the surroundings. The latter option probably wouldn't be terribly effective considering the arena (the Colosseum is made out of stone and concrete, so it's not exactly flammable), but if Gamera goes hard enough with the fire it'd probably be enough to make Gwangi turn tail regardless.

There. You guys happy now?
It's always nice to see you boss (? You booted Legendzilla a long time ago so I assume you have authority here, but you don't have that little sign like Giratina and Soggynoodles do).
Last edited by HillyHulk on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Gwangi is a tough scrapper, but I don't think He'll win. Gamera has the advantage of shell, flight, and fire. The last one will be Gwangi's biggest problem, considering his fear of fire.

Gwangi can get close and deliver bites to Gamera's limbs, and this will hurt Gamera. Gamera, however, always shows a learning curve. Gamera will go into his shell and use it to ram Gwangi, and then deliver blast of fire from the air. Gwangi has no way to counter that.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.