Captain America vs. Kong Monsterverse

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Captain America vs. Kong Monsterverse

Post by HillyHulk »

Captain America (Steve Rogers) vs. Kong ("Kong vs. Godzilla")

Rule:
Kong has his axe
Captain America has his shield and pistol
Kong is scaled to height and weight of an actual gorilla

Links to bios:
https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom. ... eve_Rogers
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/King_Kong/Legendary

Verdict:
Captain America obviously has the defense with his shield being able to handle the axe. He also has the combat advantage with being a trained soldier as opposed to relying on instinct the way Kong does. Kong however does have the agility advantage as well as the natural advantage of being in a jungle. Cap does have a gun, but Kong should be able to evade it rather easily. I say Kong is going to win.

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Captain America vs. Kong Monsterverse

Post by Spuro »

I don't think Kong will be bothered by the gun.

He does, however, have a very bad habit of losing his axe, which is something Cap might be able to exploit.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

If Cap can get that Axe, he’ll beat down Kong immediately. With his shield, he can already do a lot of damage and protect himself from a lot of Kong’s blows due to the Vibranium. Bullets might not do as much damage to Kong, but Cap is also pretty strong himself, and that shield can imbed itself into a lot of things, even being used to snap wires and smack people in the face. Him with both the Axe and the Shield would just be him smacking around a large ape leading to people reporting him for either animal abuse or poaching.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Cap has the skill to handle this. It may take him a little while to chip through Kong's kaiju durability, but he can do this all day, so that's no problem. Kong's punches won't mean anything, Cap has no trouble shrugging off blunt trauma. And while the axe would end him if it connected, it won't. If Cap survived a knife fight with the Winter Soldier, Kong's clumsy, untrained flailing won't be hard to evade.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Yeah, Cap murders the poor ape. Kong has nothing to give him an advantage over a trained augmented superhuman like Cap.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kong's very smart by kaiju standards....but at the end of the day he's still an ape, and humans are smarter than apes, especially a trained war veteran like Steve. Cap beats Kong into submission with relative ease.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns