Gigan vs. Megalon

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Gigan vs. Megalon

Post by HillyHulk »

Gigan (Millennium, Upgraded Form) vs. Megalon

Links to bios:
https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Gigan_(FW)
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/megalon.htm

Verdict:
Gigan and Megalon should be able to contend with one another in hand to hand. Gigan has mobile superiority in the air to contend with. He also has better weapons, but his weak durability makes it rather questionable how long that edge lasts. Gigan should make him work for this fight. I think I give the edge to Megalon... :Gigan: vs. :Megalon:

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Gigan vs. Megalon

Post by Voyager »

Megalon has a ranged attack, better durability, good mobility, and is very strong. Neither of them fight smart, so Gigan really doesn’t have anything in his favour.

Megalon wins.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu May 05, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Megalon has better firepower but isn't the best fighter. He was being overpowered by JJ, who was a purely physical fighter. Gigan fights smarter, but his scatter beam isn't the most effective range weapon. I'll go with Megalon since Gigan isn't as durable. He better watch his head.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I'm gonna lean Gigan. While he isn't as durable as Megalon, Gigan is far more maneuverable and can easily avoid most of Megalon's projectiles. Megalon was getting bodied by Jet Jaguar so I think Gigan would do some damage with hits blades up close.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I didn’t even notice this was FW Gigan. This makes it even more of a win for Megalon.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Megalon. FW Gigan isn’t gonna have fun getting napalm bombed.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Megalon spent most of his fight getting bodied, but he still got out of it alive. Nothing Jet Jaguar or Godzilla could do (and they did a lot) could keep him down. For that reason alone, Megalon takes this and is a more solid combatant in general than he's often given credit for. You don't have to be smart or know how to fight if you can just tank your enemy's offense and outlast them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio