Gamera (Heisei) vs. Godzilla (Legendary)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gamera (Heisei) vs. Godzilla (Legendary)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla_2014.html

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gamera.htm

Fight takes place in Hong Kong.
Gamera has been scaled up to Godzilla's height and weight.

Who wins?

Verdict: Of all the Godzilla incarnations I think Heisei Gamera is closest in stats is, it'd be Legendary Godzilla. Even then as much as I love Gamera, Godzilla edges out the win, Gamera does have a shot though given his speed advantage due to flight, if he keeps to the air and continues to pelt Godzilla with his plasma fireballs, he could manage to pull it off. Overall, however, even though a close match especially when you take in Gamera's incredible resistance to take dish out heavy damage as seen in his fight against Iris, I think Legendary Godzilla would take this regardless but not without effort.
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Sun May 01, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gamera (Heisei) vs. Godzilla (Legendary)

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Uhhhhh... Goodbye Gamera. Gamera's fireballs are going to definitely hurt LPG, but given the fact that LPG was able to withstand an utter mauling from Mechagodzilla and still be capable of getting up and fighting despite all that, Gamera just doesn't have the firepower to effectively put the Alpha Titan down fast enough bar the Mana Blast, and LPG ain't giving him that time. I'm going to assume this is GvK Godzilla specifically based on the picture (Please provide stats for future FM's as that is part of the rules. I have already gone in and edited your OP to include the stats this time...), in which case Gamera just gets beamed down, HARD. Even if this is base G14, he can withstand the fireballs to close the distance, and up close LPG is leaps and miles the better close combat fighter.
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Sun May 01, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Oh hey my banner!
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Giratina93 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:27 pm Uhhhhh... Goodbye Gamera. Gamera's fireballs are going to definitely hurt LPG, but given the fact that LPG was able to withstand an utter mauling from Mechagodzilla and still be capable of getting up and fighting despite all that, Gamera just doesn't have the firepower to effectively put the Alpha Titan down fast enough bar the Mana Blast, and LPG ain't giving him that time. I'm going to assume this is GvK Godzilla specifically based on the picture (Please provide stats for future FM's as that is part of the rules. I have already gone in and edited your OP to include the stats this time...), in which case Gamera just gets beamed down, HARD. Even if this is base G14, he can withstand the fireballs to close the distance, and up close LPG is leaps and miles the better close combat fighter.
If we include him face-tanking two nukes in both films, even the Mana Beam might not be able to put him down.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Make this '50s, '60s, or '80s Godzilla and we'll talk, but MV Godzilla just eclipses Gamera in every stat but mobility. Tonight Godzilla dines on turtle soup.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

These two are evenly matched. 50/50 chance on both sides.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Most Godzillas eclipse Heisei Gamera. Put him against one of the top 5 Godzillas? He’s turtle soup.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gamera's got speed and maneuverability on its side, where as MV Godzilla is a bulldozer with strength and durability. Gamera's best aim is to keep in the air and a distance from Godzilla and try to wear it down with plasma shots, the issue is Godzilla has its own ranged weapon and knows how to hit a more agile opponent and sadly Gamera lacks the durability to really take one of the Titan's atomic blasts, and if it can close the gap and engage in melee combat it is gonna be a rough outing.

Banner is sick, and I cast my vote for MV Goji.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Don't see how Godzilla's Earth piercing atomic breath shouldn't do to Gamera what his own Mana beam did to Legion. Especially when said Legion was carving holes in Gamera with short bursts of her own energy.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gojira1604 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:46 am Don't see how Godzilla's Earth piercing atomic breath shouldn't do to Gamera what his own Mana beam did to Legion. Especially when said Legion was carving holes in Gamera with short bursts of her own energy.
This is Legendary Godzilla, not Godzilla Earth.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

godjacob wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:50 am
Gojira1604 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:46 am Don't see how Godzilla's Earth piercing atomic breath shouldn't do to Gamera what his own Mana beam did to Legion. Especially when said Legion was carving holes in Gamera with short bursts of her own energy.
This is Legendary Godzilla, not Godzilla Earth.
:) :arrow:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

This will be a legendary fight, and victory depends on what moves are made. Both are tough kaiju and have strong weapons, though Godzilla has the ability to take more punishment. In melee combat Godzilla would be the better fighter, but Gamera's flight will give him some advantage. In the end, it comes down to the mana beam. If Gamera uses the desperate ploy, then Godzilla will be killed or severely injured. If Gamera doesn't use it, then Godzilla will win.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.