Gwangi vs. Oodako

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Gwangi vs. Oodako

Post by HillyHulk »

Gwangi vs. Oodako

Links to Bios:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/giant_octopus.htm#62
https://gwangipedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gwangi

Verdict:
This will be a tough challenge for Gwangi with the octopus likely wrapping around its mouth and legs. However, its durability does mean it has a chance to escape the grasp of the octopus. Whether it can last long enough to find the chance before getting choked out is debatable without arms like most opponents the Giant Octopus faced and strength to handle possibly stronger opponents like King Kong. I tentatively say Gwangi wins thanks its toughness, but this should be a hard fight to win.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: Gwangi vs. Oodako

Post by Kiryu2012 »

They both can pick up a man, so they're both obviously god tier, but Gwangi just has more going for him. Depending on where they're fighting, Oodako really only has their grappling to help them out here, but that's not going to amount to much of anything against Gwangi. On the other hand, Gwangi can easily inflict fatal injuries in short time with enough bites. Oodako's just not going to last long here.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I can see the fight going either way. In scenario 1, Gwangi is able to pin Oodako down with his feet and kill bite by bite. Oodako won't make it easy, but enough bites will tear Oodako apart. In scenario 2, Oodako presses the attack and entangles Gwangi's legs and pulls him down. Oodako can then squeeze and choke Gwangi and avoid those lethal jaws. Both have a chance depending on how it goes.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Depends on the circumstances, this one.
If Gwangi is facing one of Oodako's avatars, he can probably snitch a win thanks to him having a bit more going for him, though the sheer might of the man lifting octopus will prove challenging.
If Gwangi is facing Oodako's true form, however, he dies in every possible moment In the multiverse.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’d probably say it would go to Gwangi more often if we go off Oodako leaping onto Kong’s Face as one of its main forms of attack. Doing so would be an immediate bite from Gwangi, but if Oodako can avoids the face, it should pull a win by constricting the dinosaur.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I don’t know man… can Gwangi pick up multiple men?

I’ll let you sit on that.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

We're missing an extremely important piece of information here.

Where does the battle take place?

If it's near the coastline Oodako has a good chance to drown Gwangi just like he did to Frankenstein. Otherwise there's nothing that the octopus can really do.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Spuro wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:50 pm We're missing an extremely important piece of information here.

Where does the battle take place?

If it's near the coastline Oodako has a good chance to drown Gwangi just like he did to Frankenstein. Otherwise there's nothing that the octopus can really do.
^^ This.

This fight hinges entirely on what the arena is.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

HillyHulk wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:16 pm Gwangi vs. Oodako

Links to Bios:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/giant_octopus.htm#62
https://gwangipedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gwangi

Verdict:
This will be a tough challenge for Gwangi with the octopus likely wrapping around its mouth and legs. However, its durability does mean it has a chance to escape the grasp of the octopus. Whether it can last long enough to find the chance before getting choked out is debatable without arms like most opponents the Giant Octopus faced and strength to handle possibly stronger opponents like King Kong. I tentatively say Gwangi wins thanks its toughness, but this should be a hard fight to win.
Extra information has been added regarding the environment, Miami Beach to be specific.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.