Mechagodzilla 2 & Titanosaurus vs Destoroyah vs Monster X & Gigan (Modified)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Mechagodzilla 2 & Titanosaurus vs Destoroyah vs Monster X & Gigan (Modified)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Mechagodzilla II and Titanosaurus VS Destoroyah VS Monster X and Gigan (Millenium Modified)

Arena: Tokyo

Rules: Mechagodzilla and Titano scaled up to Heisei scaling.
Monster X can transform.
No retreat.

Verdict: This is going to come down to Destoroyah fighting Keizer Ghidorah most likely.

Titanosaurus is a beast in melee, but beams are where he runs into big issues. I’d argue Showa Godzilla’s ray is more potent that Gigan’s cluster beam, but Monster X or Destoroyah can easily leave him a wreck with their respective beams, and while Monster X isn’t likely to fire on Titano, Destoroyah is, and a beam that sent Heisei Godzilla to the ground is going to be hell on Titano. If Titano can close the distance and start wailing on any of his enemies, he can do a lot, I could see him ripping Gigan apart and leaving Monster X hurting.

Gigan is good at support, but the moment anyone’s attention falls on him he’s dead. Mechagodzilla 2 is in a similar boat, but he can at least defend himself if Titano is too busy (or dead), but Monster X or Destoroyah would get rid of him in short order. The rotating finger missiles could deal huge damage to anyone they strike, but he preferred using them as a finisher to anything else, and if they hit Destoroyah, I don’t think I need to explain how MG2 does against the Aggregates.

Destoroyah was capable of easily withstanding Burning Godzilla’s ray, at one point getting shot in the neck and head with it and not even flinching, until he started hammering the chest spikes with it (and, I’d argue the part where Burning Godzilla tackled Destoroyah in the chest several times before that probably weakened it). So, Mechagodzilla and Monster X will be hard pressed to do much, and even if they do they have to deal with the Aggregate swarm.

Monster X will probably transform into Keizer, at which point I have to abstain between him and Destoroyah. That could go either way imo.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Re: Mechagodzilla 2 & Titanosaurus vs Destoroyah vs Monster X & Gigan (Modified)

Post by HillyHulk »

Titanosaurus needs a partner to really tap into his potential and that partner is far too reaction heavy for this kind of fight. If Titanosaurus can get one over on his enemies, he can hurt them. If he fights them directly, he gets the Godzilla treatment but with added death. Mechagodzilla II does have the arsenal of his predecessor, but its lack of aggression will cost it the win.

Gigan has rather fast flight as well as the weapons to catch up with the TOMG team, but it's weak durability will cost it when Destoroyah rises to challenge it. The brute strength and ability to split when needed of the Oxygen Destroyer will kill Gigan.

It's brute strength and toughness versus speed and agility when it comes to the final two. The Destroyed Keizer Beams will smart as will the Destoroyah's beam attack. The energy horn is something to watch out for; let it cut off limbs and the melee advantage is gone. As for Keizer Ghidorah, it's odd to say but transforming is likely to cost X. It's only strategy is to grab and throw you around with energy beams then suck you dry with its energy draining bite. That doesn't work when your enemy can come apart and come together at will so it can press on the attack.

While Monster X has the potential to win, it's likely X will feel the need to transform with how powerful the last bit of competition is going to be. From there, Destoroyah takes the win.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Mechagodzilla 2 & Titanosaurus vs Destoroyah vs Monster X & Gigan (Modified)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Destroyah.

Monster X is tough but I find it likely he could end up running afoul of Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla 2, and they could easily handle both him and Gigan, though probably couldn't put X down. However, Destroyah is able to get a drop on EVERYONE basically by virtue of size and he'll easily manhandle the rest.

RIP Evan.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Gigan is a non-factor here. Either Dessy or either member of Team Showa looks at him, he's dead.

Titanosaurus's only hope here is that no one throws a beam his way, and given Dessy is kinda a beam spammer, that's not going to end well. Dessy's MO beams and MG's own eye beams are going to prompt Monster X to retaliate with his gravity bolts, and given how poorly Titano handles those, he's just kinda dead. On the off chance no beams fly his way, he WILL dominate Monster X in close quarters combat, but given X's own ludicrous durability he'll stay alive and kicking for a hot minute, even if he won't be in much of a position to properly retaliate. But sooner or later, a beam will hit Titanosaurus, and he will go down screaming after a blast or two.

Were this 74 Mechagodzilla, I'd see him be the second to last man standing, or even possibly having a chance at taking down Dessy, but since this is 75 MG, he'll be relegated to Titano's backup dancer, and his pot shots at X and Dessy will do little more than earn their ire. As wanting as X's fighting prowess is, 75 MG straight up doesn't HAVE close quarters fighting aside from continued beam usage, so if X does get up close, MG will be in trouble, and Dessy can just power through anything MG has and bulldoze him.

That just leaves X vs Dessy, and... X has no real chance here. Even in the off chance that X transforms into Keizer, Dessy can just explode into a cloud of mist if he finds himself getting dragged around by the gravity bolts and then drained, and Keizer is going to HATE having all those aggregates swarming over him. Or heaven forbid Dessy eventually uses the laser horn and cuts through X, or slices off at least one of Keizer's heads.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!