Free for all but with one pairing

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Chrisbriano1
Ronin

Free for all but with one pairing

Post by Chrisbriano1 »

King Kong 2021 with axe https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/king_ ... verse.html

Jet Jaguar singular point (I can’t find a link)

Monster X https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/keize ... rah.htm#mx

Gamera 1999 https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gamera.htm

Mechagodzilla 1975 https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/mecha ... owa.htm#75

Gigan 1972 https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gigan_showa.htm

Rules: sizes are scaled fairly. Monster X can transform. The 2 monsters who are paired together are Mechagodzilla & Gigan. The rest is free for all.

Arena: Tokyo

Verdict: I can see Kong and Jet Jaguar going at it the most. I’m not sure if X will manage to transform with all the fighting going on. Contrary to poplar belief… Gamera doesn’t spam his fireballs. Usually he starts a battle with 3 fireballs in a roll. Afterwards, it’s mostly up-close tooth and claw fighting. So I’m not sure how can handle the likes of Kong or even Mechagodzilla’s weapons.
Last edited by Chrisbriano1 on Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Free for all but with one pairing

Post by JAGzilla »

You'll have to include a location and (I think) choose a scale to set the combatants at.

Anyway, I don't know who wins, but I can say that it won't be Kong. He relies heavily on cover, and Mechagodzilla's revolver missiles will very quickly deny him that advantage, turning whatever cover is present into confetti. Caught in the open with all these ranged weapons zipping and zapping around, Kong will go pow in short order.

Then it won't be Gamera, either. He's such a big, lumbering target (and dumb as a brick sometimes) that even MG75 with his shoddy aim shouldn't have any problem blasting him, and he doesn't have the durability to survive that.

So it comes down to Monster X vs. the duo, and I'll abstain there. It's been too long since I've seen X in action.

Oh, and I forgot Jet Jaguar. Hmm. IIRC, his durability was lacking, too, so he might have trouble hanging here.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I mean, if Monster X can last until there’s only one other monster left, he auto-wins by becoming Keizer. Or if it’s just Mechagodzilla left he autowins by tanking the eye beams and ripping MechaG apart with his own beams.

And I’d argue that Monster X’s shot of being the last one standing is high, his durability is impressive, his strength when he uses it properly is devastating (no one here is gonna shrug off getting their wrists broken like Godzilla did), and his beams would deal heavy damage to anyone here. And, obviously, Keizer Ghidorah (I still maintain Kong could not just leap around to avoid Keizer’s beams, he can literally control the direction they go, it’d be like trying to leap around to dodge SpaceGodzilla’s Corona Beam).

The fact JJ doesn’t have the spear means he doesn’t do much, he’s strong but without the spear he can’t do anything lethal to anyone here. He’d be able to match anyone in melee but the issue is that’s all he can do, punch.

Gigan dies quickly most likely, probably from a Gamera fireball or Kong burying the axe in his throat. Monster X could break his arms or shoot him out of the sky (he didn’t use his beams until Godzilla shot his Atomic Ray, but Gigan being in the sky out of reach might prompt Monster X to use his beams on the same principle. Or he’d just leap into the air and use his levitation to grab Gigan out of the sky and spike him into hell, we don’t see how he reacts to a flying foe because he just let Gigan go fight Mothra).

Gamera probably lasts a while, but he’s not durable or speedy enough to make the distance and win overall. His fireballs are potent and he’s good at taking damage, but between Monster X and Mechagodzilla’s firepower, not good enough.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Monster X wins if he becomes Keizer (he would be able to it doesn't take that long). Or Gamera wins if he starts pulling out Mana. Favor X in most cases.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Comes down to Monster X vs MG2, and unless MX is mentally handicapped here, or he’s previously damaged, he’s not going to lose. That is, unless he gets in a few lucky revolving finger missiles which implant themselves into MX, and then explode. He won’t enjoy that.
For Emperor and Empire!