Battle of the (Showa) Invaders

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Battle of the (Showa) Invaders

Post by HillyHulk »

Gigan (Showa) vs. King Ghidorah (Showa) vs. Megalon vs. Moguera (Showa) vs. Mechagodzilla (Showa)

Links to Bios:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gigan_showa.htm
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/king_ ... _showa.htm
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/mecha ... owa.htm#74
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/megalon.htm
https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Moguera_(Showa)

Verdict:
Moguera is not winning this one. Even the weaker fighters here can likely take him thanks to flimsy durability. Maybe the temperature thing can do some damage, but otherwise he's a goner.

Gigan is a tough guy in melee thanks to his buzzsaw, but he's in a zone with mostly projectile users. He's smarter than most of his competition so it's likely he'll get some get hits in before going down but he is going down.

Megalon isn't a slouch in melee either and has projectiles to hold the enemies off long enough to get close enough to wail on them, but the endurance of the remaining fighters is bound to catch up to him when their shots get in. He's not smart enough to think around it like Gigan is either, so that's out the window. Eventually it comes down to two and he's not among those two.

Mechagodzilla is likely to be chosen as the victor here by those looking at this fight. However, I think the nature of this fight is going to catch up to him more than it will for Ghidorah. He's been shown to lack in durability compared to Ghidorah (rolling down the mountain in the "Ghidorah, Three Headed Monster" vs the beam struggle) and so many enemies to keep track of compared to just two helping each other will throw off his aim which also works in Ghidorah's favor. For this, I say King Ghidorah wins this fight... :Gigan: vs. :KingGhidorah64: vs. :Mechagodzilla74: vs. :Megalon:
Last edited by HillyHulk on Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Battle of the (Showa) Invaders

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Mechagodzilla.

Moguera dies immediately, so let’s look at who dies next, which would be Gigan and Megalon. Both of them are terrible at handling beams, given how Maser Cannons forced them to retreat into the forest and caused them great distress. Gigan gets shot in the face with a maser and literally falls over. This is consistent with how Gigan always flops over when Godzilla hits him with his beam. So, Mechagodzilla is going to shred them, especially if he starts shooting Gigan or Megalon in the neck with Space Beams like he did Godzilla, which would probably kill them. King Ghidorah’s gravity bolts will be more withstandable, but still, Masers were too much for Gigan to handle and Megalon is not much better.

And this brings us to King Ghidorah vs Mechagodzilla. And I disagree with the notion that the number of enemies to keep track of gives King Ghidorah the win because of his endurance, when none of the other three are going to live long at all with Mechagodzilla eviscerating them with his firepower. As well, in melee, Mechagodzilla has shown he’s the best fighter of anyone here, so even if he doesn’t start off blasting, he can still handle anyone here in a 1v1.

Mechagodzilla was defeated by a beam struggle explosion, this is correct. However, not only did the Black Hole Aliens proceed to upgrade him after this point, presumably to avoid this happening, but the explosion did not actually destroy Mechagodzilla’s hull. Please remember, this same explosion threw Godzilla into the water and made him bleed a lot (yes, it was underwater, so the amount of blood would look like it’s more than it actually was given the way blood in water looks, but it still knocked Godzilla out).

King Ghidorah’s gravity bolts are not going to be enough to bring Mechagodzilla down quickly enough for the dragon to avoid getting turned into a bloody mess. His wings are getting punched full of holes, his necks are gonna get sliced into by the Space Beams, the missiles are going to drop Ghidorah and leave him unable to fight back, any of King Ghidorah’s own attacks could easily be neutralized by the barrier, and finally the Cross Attack Ray if it connects will leave a horrible wound in Ghidorah’s torso.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

MechaGodzilla takes this.

He arguably has the best firepower here aside from Megalon. If Megalon and Gigan were on a team, I'd argue they could pull off a win, but since they're not and Megalon has nobody to tell him what to do, he and Moguera go down first. Gigan is next since while he has the potential to be a deadly melee combatant, his crippling weakness to beam weapons is a death sentence in a match where literally everyone has a projectile weapon they use frequently. Gigan could likely defeat Megalon, Moguera and maaaaaaaaaaybee Ghidorah (big IF) in melee, but MechaGodzilla would absolutely beat him to death since he was able to pummel the much faster, stronger and more durable King Caesar. Doubly so if MechaGodzilla deduces Gigan's weakness to beam weapons and lights him up first before finishing him in hand to hand like he did with King Caesar.

It comes down to MechaGodzilla vs King Ghidorah, and as I mentioned at the beginning, MG can defeat him. MechaGodzilla's "aversion" to beams is really overblown, something I claim partial responsibility for as I'm kind of the one who started it a while ago. The beam-clash with Godzilla aside, MechaGodzilla was hit with beams stronger than Ghidorah's Gravity Bolts several times and the worst they did was make him stagger. That said, Ghidorah's Gravity Beams won't be enough to damage MechaGodzilla's hull before the latter returns fire with much greater effect. With the sheer amount of weapons at his disposal, MechaGodzilla can straight up kill Ghidorah or make him run away in short order, as the rules don't ban retreats.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

MG wins, with KG a distant second. Combination of firepower and melee prowess. Even if this was MG2, I’d still give in to MG because of his overwhelming arsenal.
For Emperor and Empire!