Godzilla (Showa 70s) vs MUTO Pair

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Godzilla (Showa 70s) vs MUTO Pair

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Godzilla (Showa 70s) VS Male and Female MUTO

Arena: San Francisco

Rules: MUTOs scaled down to Showa scaling
No ZF feats
No retreat

Verdict: I have to go with the MUTOs here. Showa Godzilla’s track record with multiple foes is not great, and against two enemies as perfectly coordinated and lethal as the MUTOs, the same is going to hold true. Even scaled down, the MUTOs have shown the power to bash around and tear into a much heavier and much better armored Godzilla. Without anything that’s gonna draw one of the pair away long enough to let him focus down and kill the other like what happened in G14, I just see the MUTOs ripping Showa Godzilla apart until he can’t fight back.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla (Showa 70s) vs MUTO Pair

Post by ShinGojira14 »

My vote goes immediately to Showa Godzilla. The MUTOs will start out strong together, wracking up some bloody wounds here and there--until the circumstances suddenly turn very sour for them very quickly. One, Showa Godzilla has a healing factor. Two, he has survived far more grisly injuries than anything the MUTOs could inflict, from Gigan's buzzsaw to MechaGodzilla's all-out missile and laser assault in the last two Showa Era films. Three, his atomic ray is a lot more combustible and explosive than that of his Legendary counterpart; when he retaliates with it (and he will do so much quicker than Legendary did), that ray is gonna blow chunks off the MUTOs' bodies. Four, his fighting style is on a different level than the Godzilla the MUTOs are used to fighting; the moment he fights back, he's either gonna be wailing on the MUTOs with rapid-fire punch after punch or he's gonna grab them and throw them over his head like they don't even exist.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:16 pm Showa Godzilla’s track record with multiple foes is not great,

This for all time, has always bothered me so much. He… really doesn’t though. We’ll look at the two times he truly had trouble with a two-opponent team.

Gigan and Ghidorah. At this point, this was still in the realms of 60’s Godzilla, with him being strong, yes, but not very good in fighting skill. Gigan was an opponent he just wasn’t ready for and had the skill to deal with at the time. This wasn’t true 70s Godzilla yet.

Mechagodzilla 2 and Titanosaurus. One would think that you’d have trouble with an opponent as physically powerful, if not, more than you, while another one rips and tears into you from a far distance away, with you not being able to do much, as you’re locked in combat with Mr. Strongman. This is ToMG in a nutshell. Of course he’d have trouble keeping up with Titano, who he’d normally be able to beat quite easily if it was a 1v1, if MG2 keeps shooting him with lasers and missiles that have been proved lethal, and even upgraded since the last time we saw them.

Oh yes, I might hear you say “Oh! But Voyager, you forget Megalon and Gigan!” And I’ll just say, “He really doesn’t struggle though.” Rewatching the fight in GvM, I see that as soon as Godzilla enters the fight, both Gigan and Megalon are easily outmatched, even though it’s a 2v1. He fends both off with little trouble, and seems to have one. It’s only with this element of surprise, Gigan just knocks Godzilla over. That’s it. He knocks him over. Even then, he just gets back up and continues to beat the shit out of them until Megalon plays the ‘Ring of Fire’ card.

I don’t even have an answer as to why Godzilla doesn’t just leave the ring. He’s not going to be hurt by the fire or anything, so… What gives? Anyway, when they do leave the ring, the beat down continues and JJ/Goji win. Even though this was a 2v2, there’s no arguing that Goji did the heavy lifting and carried hard.

This is why I believe the “Showa has trouble with multiple opponents” argument is stupid. 50s to Early 70s, yes, but peak 73-75? No way jose.

As for the fight at hand, yes, I do agree with ShinG14 that Showa comes out with the victory. If getting launched into a building killed the Male, imagine what an atomic breath could do, or even worse, imagine if Showa got his hands on the male. No way the winged bugger lives.

The female could pose some trouble, but I think she’s a lot like Titanosaurus. A strong opponent sure, but her skill, or lack thereof, is going to doom her against the wrathful skills of Showa’s master-class martial arts. Again, the beam is also going to do wonders on her, if the glorified flamethrower of G14 could irritate her and cause her to tumble back.

NOTE: All the edits are for grammatical and spelling errors.
Last edited by Voyager on Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:37 pm If getting launched into a building killed the Male, imagine what an atomic breath could do, or even worse, imagine if Showa got his hands on the male. No way the winged bugger lives.
While I agree that Showa has this, I must politely request we not downplay the cause of the male MUTO’s death—for do remember that it was Legendary Godzilla’s long, heavy warhammer of a tail that slammed him into the building with such force that it chopped off the male’s arm and shattered the sound barrier. LegendaryGoji’s tail is an absolutely devastating melee weapon.

Regardless, that doesn’t mean Showa Godzilla can’t do the same; the male MUTO might try to take him by surprise in a flying attack similar to what he tried on LegendaryGoji—only for Showa to falcon-punch him in the face and break his skreeonking neck.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Yeah, if anything, 70s Showa Godzilla has proven quite capable of handling multiple opponents in CQC. His fight against Gigan and Megalon demonstrates better reflexes and situational awareness than G14 Godzilla, which was a big reason why the Mutos (particularly the Male) were able to get the drop on LPG. Additionally, his more striking-focused style, by default, is going to help him here more so than the grappling centric strategy used by his Monsterverse counterpart. Throw in a more liberal use of ranged weaponry and his ability to recover from damage faster, and I give the edge to Showa Godzilla. If he does win, though, the Male Muto is really gonna make him work for it.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:55 pm
Voyager wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:37 pm If getting launched into a building killed the Male, imagine what an atomic breath could do, or even worse, imagine if Showa got his hands on the male. No way the winged bugger lives.
While I agree that Showa has this, I must politely request we not downplay the cause of the male MUTO’s death—for do remember that it was Legendary Godzilla’s long, heavy warhammer of a tail that slammed him into the building with such force that it chopped off the male’s arm and shattered the sound barrier. LegendaryGoji’s tail is an absolutely devastating melee weapon.

Regardless, that doesn’t mean Showa Godzilla can’t do the same; the male MUTO might try to take him by surprise in a flying attack similar to what he tried on LegendaryGoji—only for Showa to falcon-punch him in the face and break his skreeonking neck.
My bad on the LPG tail part :lol:

As for the second part, if Showa does get an opportunity to down Male, he will do it, and Male will not survive. These are the same hands that tore MG’s head off in ToMG, and his entire neck off in GvMG.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’d say that Godzilla has this one. Especially 70’s Godzilla whose response to Gigan flying is beam him back to earth. If he gets the chance, he’s going to try shooting down the Male MUTO, which would probably cripple him if he then crashes into the ground or doesn’t get up in time before Godzilla reaches him. As for the Female MUTO, Godzilla has her outmatched in combat. Unlike his Monsterverse counterpart who relied on more animalistic fighting, Showa goes to fight with full on boxing, kicking, and grapples. If he gets ahold of the female, he’s going to flip her over his shoulder and slam her to the ground, or he’s going to be punching her in the face or body with fast blows. Plus his atomic breath is a bit more explosive, and we aren’t quite sure if their EMP Powers would weaken his atomic breath. But if we say they do somehow, he is still a beast in close combat. He’s going to tear them apart if he gets his hands on them.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.