Godzilla (FW) vs King Ghidorah (Showa)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Godzilla (FW) vs King Ghidorah (Showa)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Was inspired to make this after losing my mind at how the Vs Battles Wiki rates Showa Ghidorah and the Showa kaiju around his level at Small Star Level, while “only” rating FW Godzilla at Continent Level. Yeah…

Godzilla (FW) VS King Ghidorah (Showa)

Arena: Ruined Tokyo (FW)

Rules: Showa scaling.
No retreat.

Verdict: Gotta go with FW Godzilla here, because once his more potent beams start flying Showa Ghidorah is going to be in hell. He’s also far more impressive in terms of physicality and fighting prowess than 60s Godzilla, who while he was clearly outmatched by Showa Ghidorah, was still capable of throwing him and not being totally overwhelmed, which means FW Godzilla can at least keep up with Ghidorah if not hold an advantage in melee.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla (FW) vs King Ghidorah (Showa)

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I'd say they got 50/50 on each side.

At least, unless a random mutant goes super saiyan and gives all those Keizer energies to Godzilla, at which point Ghidorah is likely skreeonked.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Godzilla's durability has much to be desired compared to his other attributes, but he should be tough enough to withstand the beams flying around. Once he returns fire, Godzilla should have the chance to cross the distance. Ghidorah will not like the beat down to follow since he won't have a reliable way of getting him off afterward, leading to victory via K.O.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

...remember what happened to Ghidorah in GvG? Where Showa Godzilla was hurling him over his head? Yeah, FW Godzilla may not be as strong pound per pound as Showa, but he's going to be giving Ghidorah the same kind of treatment, before putting him down, and there's not much Showa Ghidorah can do to FW Godzilla in return...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!