Rippers vs Rodan (Singular Point)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Rippers vs Rodan (Singular Point)

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Rippers: https://pacificrim.fandom.com/wiki/Ripper_(The_Black)

VS

Rodan: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Rodan/Singular_Point

Rules: One of each; Adult Rodan.

Battleground: Meridian, Australia.

Verdict: I’m abstaining for now, as this is too tough to decide. Both the Ripper and the Rodan are equally aggressive fighters, but while the Ripper has agility on its side, the Rodan has flight and aerial mobility to aid it. Furthermore, who knows how long Rodan will be able to fight before he suddenly straight-up commits suicide.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Rippers vs Rodan (Singular Point)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Given how, in an actual fight, the lesser form of Rodan was capable of ripping off Jet Jaguar’s arm, tossing JJ a huge distance, pecking through the steel grating of JJ’s chest, and survived getting hit in the side by a truck, I think the Ripper lasts as long as it takes for Rodan to get a hold of it. Which will be a good bit as Rodan is real damn clumsy, but once those teeth get around the Ripper, it’s all over.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:49 am Given how, in an actual fight, the lesser form of Rodan was capable of ripping off Jet Jaguar’s arm, tossing JJ a huge distance, pecking through the steel grating of JJ’s chest, and survived getting hit in the side by a truck, I think the Ripper lasts as long as it takes for Rodan to get a hold of it. Which will be a good bit as Rodan is real damn clumsy, but once those teeth get around the Ripper, it’s all over.
Yeah but time is something Rodan really can't afford to waste, given his incredibly short lifespan. If Rodan fails to seal the deal either through his own clumsiness or the Ripper's attempts to avoid getting killed, Rodan's 1-day free trial of living will run out.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Ok, upon rewatching the episodes with the Adult Rodans, I can say that they’re not as big and strong as the Juvenile which fought JJ in episode 2, however they can survive much longer and are much less clumsy. They are still capable of bending steel doors with their pecks, a few could rip apart the tripod robot without much issue, and one is still capable of surviving getting slammed into the ground twice by said tripod robot without much, if any, injury. So, I think that while the Ripper will likely leave it wounded, I still see Rodan winning solidly here.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.