Godzilla Battle Royale But It's The Trend Setters

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Godzilla Battle Royale But It's The Trend Setters

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Something something trend chasing equals trend setting, something victory royale wiping out innocent tomatoes, something whatever.

Godzilla 1954 vs Godzilla 1984 vs Godzilla 2000 vs Godzilla 2014 vs Shin Godzilla

Arena: Tokyo Bay

Rules:
Assuming all of 1989's feats count for 1984
Godzilla 2000 feats only for Millenium
End of Film Shin
2014 and pre-Juiced feats for 2019 count for 2014.

Verdict: So, aside from 1954 IMMEDIATELY dying, I'm having trouble calling this but if I had to pick............2014. He's the most versatile here and while it's gonna SUCK, he can eventually take down one of them.

please don't let this one be one sided too.

Also, I know we moved past this, give me a break, I'm clearing out drafts

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Godzilla Battle Royale But It's The Trend Setters

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Due to 84 Godzilla not being as strong as he later became, I find myself going to 2000, mainly because his beam is going to be absolute murder on whoever it hits. G14’s strong, but that beam, especially if it hits him in the gills/face, will prove to be too much.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

This is quickly going to turn into LPG vs Heisei vs G2000, as G54 just kinda dies, and so does Shin either from getting bulldozed or exhausting himself. Heisei is going to LOVE all that radiation coming off of everyone, and don't be surprised if he empowers himself with it and starts to really swing. This is a toughie, but either LPG or G2000 get my vote... Actually, G2000 because not only is his beam terrifyingly potent, but his nuclear pulse is going to stop most of LPG's offense.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I feel like this one is between G2K and G14. The former has a hell of a beam weapon and strong regenerative properties; the latter has great physical strength and durability.

Shin's gonna be a non-issue in this fight after the first few opening shots, leaving the other four. G54... we have no idea how he fights, so there can be no call there. G84... if we're just going by the feats in his first two movies, has very lackluster durability for a Godzilla – especially in his throat. Not good if G14 gets his hands on him.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I know people are gonna disagree with me on this one once more, but once again I'd give this to Shin. If this is climax of the movie Shin, then he's gonna be moving a lot more frantic and discharging those atomic beams a lot quicker, and I am among those who sees Shin's beams as extremely powerful and not something that the other Godzillas are going to withstand.

Also, I'm not even sure what to say about '54. We've never seen him in combat, so we actually have no idea how he'd behave or last here. For all we know, he could be an absolute beast in melee combat like Showa or MonsterVerse Godzilla--or alternatively he could be a beam-spammer like Godzilla Earth. So he's just too full of unknowns for me to give him a verdict here.

But yeah, Shin's got my vote in the end.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

This is probably going to be between 2K and LPG as many have mentioned before. Shin is a glass cannon who might get screwed over if any of the other Godzillas get their hands on him, and 54 has no combat feats to fall back on. 84 could hold on a bit longer, but ultimately he lacks experience in fighting here.

Between 2K and 2014... I honestly don’t know. 2014 has experience dealing with more than one opponent, and still does pretty good in melee compared to other Godzillas. But 2000 has a potent beam, and even more potent regeneration. It’s a stamina match at that point. If LPG can overwhelm 2000, then he wins. But if his stamina catches up, 2000 wins.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

A very tough one. Monsterverse Godzilla and 54 Godzilla are gonna go fast and hard. So it will just be between Heisei and 2K. This is extremely tough. Both Godzillas are very tough and have excellent beams. Not to mention fantastic regeneration. There are great arguments to be have for both characters here but I am going to side with Heisei because of the condition that his feats in 89 count here, which are amazing. G2K was injured by regular military weapons. While those weapons were specialized and didn't do significant harm that is still of note. Heisei tanks masers and all kinds of punishment like it is nothing. Even withstanding his own beam reflected and amplified and postponing anti nuclear bacteria designed to "kill" him. So while G2K's beam is nasty I think the feats with Super X 2 suggest he can handle it. 2K has the superiority in melee for sure but that will just result in a pulse wave and more beam spam with some tail bashing probably thrown in. If the condition of combining 89's feats with 84's was removed I would side with G2K here since 84 had Godzilla uncharacteristically dumb in the series, although not by too much because he still knew he needed physical damage to destroy Super X. Not to mention he would lack the pulse wave and killer feats he had from 89.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Zasraniec wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:10 pm G2K was injured by regular military weapons.
G89 was injured by handheld rockets. As far as durability goes I think G2K has the edge. :lol:
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

KK42 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:48 pm
Zasraniec wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:10 pm G2K was injured by regular military weapons.
G89 was injured by handheld rockets. As far as durability goes I think G2K has the edge. :lol:
Showa doesn’t even flinch after a tank shell hits his eyeball. Those two are sissies.
For Emperor and Empire!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Even ignoring that, the stockfootage used for the missile tests in G2K is from bunker busters, the same type of missiles that wrecked Shin's shit... and G2K just insta-healed from them. In regards to durability, G2K is leaps and miles ahead of G89.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

89 was injured by handheld rockets? Looked to me like it just torked him off. 2K actually stopped in his tracks. 89 seemed more agitated and maybe even curious wonder who threw that cottonball at him.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Well, the handheld rockets were holding ANEB inside them, so that was messing up his body slowly as he ingested them. But he was still hurt by them. Same with G2K and the Full Metal Missile. They stopped him by hitting his legs first, then went for the rest of his body in that case, upon which he replied with charging up his beam before that too was interrupted via jet missiles. Between all of these Godzillas, I'm going to give this one to 2000. Very quickly, it's going to fall to Heisei, 2000, and G14. Heisei is going to get bodied by the other two in Melee, and maybe burned if G14 can get the kiss of death off on him. But, I don't think G14 can handle the firepower of 2000. While Monsterverse is good at close combat, 2000 is no slouch either, alongside his spines heating up when he charges his ray. Alongside that, his beam also burns as it hits things, which is going to hurt a lot more than just a normal energy attack. Plus its destructive potential is about the same as early Heisei if not better, meaning its going to be doing a lot more damage more often since he likes to use that beam a lot, whereas G14 and pre-charged KOTM only went for the beam when Melee wasn't enough, or to finish off an enemy.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

While I agree that G2000 is more durable, using the ANEB rockets to say G98 is frail is silly when he's clearly demonstrated to be able to withstand much stronger things, namely being yeeted intl a volcano and staying there for 5 years.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:36 am
While I agree that G2000 is more durable, using the ANEB rockets to say G98 is frail is silly when he's clearly demonstrated to be able to withstand much stronger things, namely being yeeted intl a volcano and staying there for 5 years.
Yeah, I know. I'm just having fun, lol.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

"G98"? You mean, G89", right? Gigantis (that's what I call Godzilla 1998, don't ask) died to missiles.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

HillyHulk wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:22 am

"G98"? You mean, G89", right? Gigantis (that's what I call Godzilla 1998, don't ask) died to missiles.
I swear to god I changed it to G89, but I guess autocorrect changed it back lol
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

ANEB being the real agent to harm Godzilla though is not the same as saying a regular rocket injured him. In fact Godzilla showed surprising resistance to that weapon considering it was designed specifically with his nuclear biology in mind. His temperature needed to rise for it to really take its toll on him and even then if he is exposed to a large amount of radiation he can completely overcome it as the next movie showed us. Godzilla 2014 who is also in this match was very weak against MUTO Prime who pretty much used the same nuclear devouring mechanic. Only instead of bacteria it was parasitic MUTOs. Stuff like that is why I think Heisei Godzilla is among the toughest in the durability and regeneration department and surpassed by very few Godzillas in TV or movies.