Godzilla (IDW Trilogy) vs King Ghidorah (MV)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Godzilla (IDW Trilogy) vs King Ghidorah (MV)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Godzilla (IDW) VS King Ghidorah (MV)
(Ignore the actual Vs Battles Wiki stats for IDW Godzilla, I needed a page to link to for him in this and that was the only one I could find)

Arena: Boston

Rules: No retreat.
ROE Godzilla (which means he still has the feats of the first two comic series as well, in order to avoid confusion, this is just specifying where in the timeline he is).

Respect Thread for IDW: viewtopic.php?f=42&p=1836117#p1836117

Verdict: This is a very difficult one for sure. King Ghidorah is a beast in melee, but this Godzilla may just be able to hold his own. He can definitely take what Ghidorah can dish out, and his own Atomic Ray and Nuclear Pulse are going to leave King Ghidorah hurting bad. I find myself leaning IDW Godzilla, though he won’t win easily by any means.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla (IDW Trilogy) vs King Ghidorah (MV)

Post by Jermobooka »

I don’t see a universe where IDW doesn’t win. Definitely won’t be easy though like you said.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I was no joke thinking of doing this one myself, but eventually backed off. :lol:

All seriousness, I’m most definitely leaning towards Godzilla. Ghidorah is an effective melee fighter, but it won’t take long before he realizes just how horrible of a mistake he made picking a fight with the absurdly powerful badass that is IDW Godzilla. His gravity beams will be able to forcibly push the Monster King back—and that’s it. His melee will only last so long before Godzilla replies savagely—and I do mean savagely—in kind. The nuclear pulse in of itself will be devastating to Ghidorah. And once the Spiral Heat Ray comes out?

King Ghidorah isn’t allowed to bug out and call it even—which means he better be prepared to plead one helluva case to Blundergosh once Godzilla sends him to the afterlife.

Added in 7 minutes 7 seconds:
Damn. I made a lot of grammar errors here. I’m usually better than that.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sat May 22, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

IDW Godzilla easily. MV Ghidorah is fairly powerful but IDW Godzilla leaves most of the film Godzillas to shame.