Mechagodzilla battle royale

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
cmastashizzlerizzle
Ronin

Mechagodzilla battle royale

Post by cmastashizzlerizzle »

Mechagodzilla (showa)
Mechagodzilla 2 (showa)
Super mechagodzilla (heisei)
Kiryu type 3 (millennium)
Mechagodzilla 2021 (monsterverse)

Battleground: Hong kong

Rules
-movie canon only
-size and weight equalized to monsterverse version
-any potential battery or time limits are to be considered infinite

Personal verdict: at least in my opinion it comes down to 2 majorly likely winners with one wildcard with them being super mechagodzilla, 2021, and kiryu.

Super mechagodzilla can pretty much shut down any ranged combatants by way of being generally the best ranged mg and his absorption ability and plasma grenade which would absolutely shut down showa mg1 at the very least (although to be fair it's not shown how non natural energy weapons interact this system compared to Godzilla and rodan's natural energy beams) that being said his biggest downside is that he is effectively toast in melee if anyone gets close enough to get their hands on him

With 2021 he's shown as incredibly intelligent being smart enough to leverage his reach advantage over other kaiju along with simply being skilled and strong enough to 2v1 (an admittedly very exhausted) Godzilla and kong before the supercharged axe came into play who are both clearly no slouches in melee along with a decently powerful beam attack and jet thruster strafing giving him a definite speed boost definitely put him in the top bracket in my mind

The reason I have kiryu as a wildcard is because of the absolute zero canon which is an absolutely impactful trump card if he can actually hit anything with it ever given the massive chargeup time but he still if he did actually hit someone with it it's a complete game changer.

With that said my personal ranking is: legendary and heisei in dead heat for first consistently with kiryu in a wildcard 3rd place with 1st place potential accounting for a theoretical successful hit from the AZC with the showa incarnations fighting for 4th and 5th not from lack of merit so much as being the least great in a really good lineup

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Mechagodzilla battle royale

Post by Voyager »

Read formatting rules before posting next time, but onto the match.

I’d say MG21 wins but I wouldn’t say the Showa MG’s die first. I’d say Kiryu as he really doesn’t like beams, and is easily pushed over and can’t get up.
For Emperor and Empire!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Re: Mechagodzilla battle royale

Post by Zasraniec »

Tough call. I am trying to decide if it is Heisei or the first Showa Mechagodzilla. Heisei Mechagodzilla's absorption was only shown to be against Godzilla's ray. So I guess this match banks strongly on that. I guess I will split it into two scenarios. One assuming yes and the other no if Heisei Mechagodzilla will return the other Mechagodzilla energy attacks. Starting with no. In this case I give it to Showa. It is the most well rounded and balanced of all the Mechagodzillas. Not as deadly in melee as Monsterverse or as decked out in guns as Heisei but is good in all fields. A jack of all trades Mecha. I have no reason to think it's forcefield won't block any attacks here except perhaps the Absolute Zero Cannon. Not like Showa would let Kiryu get that off anyway. Showa Mechagodzilla will probably forcefield during the most heavy ranged assaults and beat all the others in melee except Monsterverse Mechagodzilla but it can use it's massive arsenal against it. Now for the other scenario. I think Heisei Mechagodzilla wins if it can reflect energy attacks as a plasma grenade. Mechagodzilla sucks in melee but since this is Super Mechagodzilla the weakness is offset by quite a bit. Enough to at least get away from Showa and MV Mechagodzilla long enough to bombard them with so much firepower that even gave Heisei Godzilla a run for his money. None of the other Mechagodzillas have a real defense against this massive arsenal except for Showa Mechagodzilla 1 who will need to use a forcefield. Even then it can't attack so it will only delay the inevitable. Super Mechagodzilla's very durable diamond armor should be able to allow it to survive the ranged bombardments of the other Mechagodzillas long enough to return it tenfold.