Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Monsterverse)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Nagoda
Futurian

Re: Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Monsterverse)

Post by Nagoda »

I’m going to side with Showa on this one, barely. If we are to include all his powers from previous entries and his fighting experience from then to ToMG, then he can for sure deal with MV Godzilla. Don’t forget, the first fight Showa had was at high speed against a very tenacious Anguirus. Then there’s everything that comes after that to lead up, including the sudden attack by the Giant Condor, being dropped dick first onto electrical towers by Rodan, getting beamed a ton by the Godzilla Tower, surviving Hedorah, The First Mechagodzilla, Etc. How is MV going to react when he is rushing to meet his opponent, who then suddenly leaps up mid charge and slides on his tail to slam feet to face/chest point blank? Beams probably going to have to go to MV, if he charges long enough, but Showa has the better Quick Charge fire rate than MV does, as well as having a stronger quick fire beam. Not to mention of he somehow manages to grapple MV enough to pull out his random one off ability to fly and carry someone with him, if it’s allowed here. MV might be the more tenacious and animalistic fighter here, but Showa has the better humanlike fighting style here with his boxing. Plus he’s got the better feat of strength here, being able to lift and slam far heavier enemies than himself.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Nagoda wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:49 pm I’m going to side with Showa on this one, barely. If we are to include all his powers from previous entries and his fighting experience from then to ToMG, then he can for sure deal with MV Godzilla. Don’t forget, the first fight Showa had was at high speed against a very tenacious Anguirus. Then there’s everything that comes after that to lead up, including the sudden attack by the Giant Condor, being dropped dick first onto electrical towers by Rodan, getting beamed a ton by the Godzilla Tower, surviving Hedorah, The First Mechagodzilla, Etc. How is MV going to react when he is rushing to meet his opponent, who then suddenly leaps up mid charge and slides on his tail to slam feet to face/chest point blank? Beams probably going to have to go to MV, if he charges long enough, but Showa has the better Quick Charge fire rate than MV does, as well as having a stronger quick fire beam. Not to mention of he somehow manages to grapple MV enough to pull out his random one off ability to fly and carry someone with him, if it’s allowed here. MV might be the more tenacious and animalistic fighter here, but Showa has the better humanlike fighting style here with his boxing. Plus he’s got the better feat of strength here, being able to lift and slam far heavier enemies than himself.
The Showa G is specifically only the TOMG version I believe
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:56 pm
Nagoda wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:49 pm I’m going to side with Showa on this one, barely. If we are to include all his powers from previous entries and his fighting experience from then to ToMG, then he can for sure deal with MV Godzilla. Don’t forget, the first fight Showa had was at high speed against a very tenacious Anguirus. Then there’s everything that comes after that to lead up, including the sudden attack by the Giant Condor, being dropped dick first onto electrical towers by Rodan, getting beamed a ton by the Godzilla Tower, surviving Hedorah, The First Mechagodzilla, Etc. How is MV going to react when he is rushing to meet his opponent, who then suddenly leaps up mid charge and slides on his tail to slam feet to face/chest point blank? Beams probably going to have to go to MV, if he charges long enough, but Showa has the better Quick Charge fire rate than MV does, as well as having a stronger quick fire beam. Not to mention of he somehow manages to grapple MV enough to pull out his random one off ability to fly and carry someone with him, if it’s allowed here. MV might be the more tenacious and animalistic fighter here, but Showa has the better humanlike fighting style here with his boxing. Plus he’s got the better feat of strength here, being able to lift and slam far heavier enemies than himself.
Oh, yeah, well in that case i think MV a really does win this one

Now, if this was Showa Goji in his entirety, including the Zone Fighter feats...then MV would be kinda screwed :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue May 18, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:00 pm

Now, if this was Showa Goji in his entirety, including the Zone Fighter feats...then MV would be kinda screwed :lol:
Considering the Zone Fighter stats for sizes and weights are all sorts of nonsense that is clearly contradicted by just how big the kaijus are onscreen, daid feats should be taken with a grain of salt anyways. Not that Showa Godzilla is missing much regardless, hurling MG's twice as heavy ass with little effort...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Giratina93 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:07 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:00 pm

Considering the Zone Fighter stats for sizes and weights are all sorts of nonsense that is clearly contradicted by just how big the kaijus are onscreen, daid feats should be taken with a grain of salt anyways. Not that Showa Godzilla is missing much regardless, hurling MG's twice as heavy ass with little effort...
Not to mention lifting Perfect Hedorah I’ve his head. Hedorah is even heavier than MG. And by a lot.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’ve always assumed that if they are that far into their history, they’d at least have all the knowledge and combat experience of their past, but if it’s just stuff seen in that movie, he has the ability to suddenly appear in the middle of a city somehow. Then had the strength to unbury himself, after being punted over a mountain and striking the ground hard enough to crater, getting shot into unconsciousness by missiles and being lifted by his face, and the ground above him being patted down into a shallow grave. He then immediately rushed through an all out assault moments afterwards by Mechagodzilla like he didn’t just get the shit kicked out of him. All this in a fight against two stronger opponents. Meanwhile, MV became exhausted after fighting Kong, who had a beam absorbing axe and was a crafty fighter sure, then got his ass handed to him by MV Mechagodzilla dragging his face into every building around them.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:19 pm
I’ve always assumed that if they are that far into their history, they’d at least have all the knowledge and combat experience of their past, but if it’s just stuff seen in that movie, he has the ability to suddenly appear in the middle of a city somehow. Then had the strength to unbury himself, after being punted over a mountain and striking the ground hard enough to crater, getting shot into unconsciousness by missiles and being lifted by his face, and the ground above him being patted down into a shallow grave. He then immediately rushed through an all out assault moments afterwards by Mechagodzilla like he didn’t just get the shit kicked out of him. All this in a fight against two stronger opponents. Meanwhile, MV became exhausted after fighting Kong, who had a beam absorbing axe and was a crafty fighter sure, then got his ass handed to him by MV Mechagodzilla dragging his face into every building around them.
Welcome to team Showa, Nagoda :huge:
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:31 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:53 pm I don’t know why, but for some reason I find something strangely... ... ...pleasant about this particular match. Whether it’s sheer nostalgia or something else, I can’t put my finger on it.
Part of it is probably just the fact that no matter which one you side with, there’s no denying this would be an absolute barn burner of a showdown to witness.
Truer words have never been spoken.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Regarding the actual match, this is definitely one hell of a spectacle to witness, but I have to lean MV Godzilla, and that's mostly not just because of how much of a beam spammer he is in GvK, but also his fight against Mechagodzilla. Yes, he was somewhat exhausted going into that fight, but given how much of his own energy reserves he had used trying to light up Kong, that makes sense. That wouldn't change 90% of the fight against Mechagodzilla bar the beam struggle, and given just how vicious and severe an ass-beating he got from the machine was, the fact he was still ready to throw down with Kong after it was all over speaks volumes. Contrast with Showa, who was effectively down and out from getting a few eye beams from Mechagodzilla, Titano getting his hands on him for a beatdown, and then getting misiles blasted into him. When you compare the two, what MV Godzilla went through and was still able to be up and ready to fight within a minute just shows he's got the better endurance, something showcased time and time again across all three movies (The MUTO pair pummeling him for several minutes, which he was already getting back up from within seconds of the MUTO pair leaving to check on the nest, and the Ghidorah fight in Antarctica where the worst Ghidorah does to him, the triple gravity bolt into a pit, just keeps Godzilla down for less than a minute before he's back up and ready to fight. Only the stratosphere drop in the Boston fight actually keeps Godzilla down and out for more than a minute). If what MV MG was throwing at him with boosted punches and dick kicks and curbstomps and heart burn wasn't enough to keep down MV Godzilla, I doubt Showa will be able to do much the same before LPG finally has enough and just mauls him. Both are going to be bleeding out and exhausted, but I see LPG being the last one standing.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Showa just can’t really do anything to bring MV down aside from just wailing on him for minutes on end, and that would require MV not fighting back for that time. Especially when MV’s beams have shown they pack much more power than what it takes to make Showa Godzilla feel it bad, and while Showa’s fast, he’s not exactly much of a dodger.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

I like how people bitched enough about the scaling to get it edited to skew in Showa's favor because they either don't understand how FM scaling works or just want Showa to have every possible advantage. You people realize that the Monsterverse uses the Toho 100-meter scale, right? Showa Godzilla put on that scale would be 100 meters and 40,000 tons. Likewise GvK Godzilla put on the Toho 50-meter scale would be 60 meters tall and 50,000 tons (which the revised OP admittedly gets correct). He's a thicc boi. So why does Showa suddenly get to be 1.5x heavier than he should be, thus screwing with his scaling and artificially inflating all his strength feats?

Nagoda wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:19 pm I’ve always assumed that if they are that far into their history, they’d at least have all the knowledge and combat experience of their past, but if it’s just stuff seen in that movie, he has the ability to suddenly appear in the middle of a city somehow. Then had the strength to unbury himself, after being punted over a mountain and striking the ground hard enough to crater, getting shot into unconsciousness by missiles and being lifted by his face, and the ground above him being patted down into a shallow grave. He then immediately rushed through an all out assault moments afterwards by Mechagodzilla like he didn’t just get the shit kicked out of him. All this in a fight against two stronger opponents. Meanwhile, MV became exhausted after fighting Kong, who had a beam absorbing axe and was a crafty fighter sure, then got his ass handed to him by MV Mechagodzilla dragging his face into every building around them.
Nice job hyping up Showa while downplaying MV. I can do that too:

MV Godzilla has the ability to fire a beam strong enough to blast a 50+ meter wide hole clear down to the center of the earth in a matter of several minutes. After doing so he still had the energy to defeat Kong. During that battle he shrugged off getting an axe buried in his thigh and sustained an explosive blast directly to his face which was strong enough to send him flying at least a couple hundred meters, which he almost immediately got up from unscathed. He proceeded to give Kong mauling bad enough that the ape's shoulder was dislocated and heart ultimately would have stopped if not for some timely human intervention. Even after boring a kaiju-sized hole down to the center of the earth with his beam and effectively killing another kaiju whose species his own had an ancient rivalry with, Godzilla still rushed into battle with Mechagodzilla with no hesitation. During this he shrugged off a volley of missiles followed by a high-velocity rocket punch with the entirety of the mecha's superior mass behind it, being struck by a beam powerful enough to violently hurl him backwards and leave a massive burn on his chest, and being ragdolled around the city for several minutes straight. Once Kong was revived, Godzilla then immediately rejoined the fight like he didn't just get the shit kicked out of him. All this in two fights against opponents rivaling or stronger than himself. Meanwhile, Showa Godzilla was rendered unconscious by a couple missiles and punches to the jaw.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The fact that there’s still fervent arguments in favor of MV despite Showa being beefed up says a lot. And no, that’s not that the FMs are biased :lol:
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Now that we know MVGodzilla can chase on all 4s, what's stopping him from biting Showa by the throat on the ground and holding his arms down while MV tears at it like a Gator?

We've seen him go for the jugular in both previous films and now GvK.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:26 am Now that we know MVGodzilla can chase on all 4s, what's stopping him from biting Showa by the throat on the ground and holding his arms down while MV tears at it like a Gator?
Anguirus tried that, and he ended up being the one with the torn throat.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Inferno Rodan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:25 am
Nice job hyping up Showa while downplaying MV. I can do that too:

MV Godzilla has the ability to fire a beam strong enough to blast a 50+ meter wide hole clear down to the center of the earth in a matter of several minutes. After doing so he still had the energy to defeat Kong. During that battle he shrugged off getting an axe buried in his thigh and sustained an explosive blast directly to his face which was strong enough to send him flying at least a couple hundred meters, which he almost immediately got up from unscathed. He proceeded to give Kong mauling bad enough that the ape's shoulder was dislocated and heart ultimately would have stopped if not for some timely human intervention. Even after boring a kaiju-sized hole down to the center of the earth with his beam and effectively killing another kaiju whose species his own had an ancient rivalry with, Godzilla still rushed into battle with Mechagodzilla with no hesitation. During this he shrugged off a volley of missiles followed by a high-velocity rocket punch with the entirety of the mecha's superior mass behind it, being struck by a beam powerful enough to violently hurl him backwards and leave a massive burn on his chest, and being ragdolled around the city for several minutes straight. Once Kong was revived, Godzilla then immediately rejoined the fight like he didn't just get the shit kicked out of him. All this in two fights against opponents rivaling or stronger than himself. Meanwhile, Showa Godzilla was rendered unconscious by a couple missiles and punches to the jaw.
Perfectly stated. Now that we have two statements showing off their abilities and strengths while downplaying the other, people can better make their decisions by looking at both and voting the better monster. Although I’m going to stick by my thought that Showa will win, even though Monsterverse is far stronger, because I dug my grave and I must now stand in it with the brief chance Showa wins. While MV has the heavier bulk, better defenses and beam, and more tenacious use of his claws and teeth usage, Showa does have the better strength and fighting style to use here, even before people’s complaints forced his weight to increase. One other thing is that Monsterverse does not have his sharp pointy spines this time, or else Kong would have been skewered when he leapt right onto them during the Hong Kong fight or elbowed them near the start of their fight. If anything, they seem flexible.

Let’s go into how they fight, and just to be sure I’m being fair, I am watching both movies while writing this.

The way MV fights is through rushes and tackles, slashing, biting and swinging with his bites, Tail swipes, stomping on his enemies when they are down, and going for his beam, which takes a couple seconds to charge up the first time, then two or three more shots for the rest of that charge. He bites his opponents and drags them around, trying to dislocate bones if possible or going for the neck, while having more preference for using his beam on his enemies. His slashing and biting will allow him to toss and slam Showa around very easily. When charging up his beam, he’s been shown to be vulnerable, being struck almost every time by Kong when they were brawling, and even letting go of a bite he had on Kong to charge up his beam, upon which he got elbowed in the back of the neck. The only times he did successfully fire off his beam to hit Kong was at a range where Kong could not strike him to interrupt his charging up and firing. Upon which, he can then fire for a very long time. There is his feat of burning a hole to the hollow earth, which is another showcase of how long he can keep firing his ray at full charge, when not interrupted. The beam will knock down and burn as it hits Showa, most likely doing what the space beams did and make him gush out blood with constant hits. He was also staggered and screeched in pain multiple times by Kong’s punches, but I am not going to assume Showa Godzilla is going to have the full force of Kong going through his jabs. His durability is very good, withstanding multiple blows from both Kong and the enhanced blows from Mechagodzilla, as well as getting an axe to the leg and continuing to fight.

Now for Showa Godzilla. The way he fights is by rushing at his opponents, boxing them, slamming his side into them, and throwing them around. He was very easily able to lift and toss over twice his weight, meaning even before the increased weight, he would have most likely been able to lift and toss the scaled down Monsterverse, though with some difficulties. He much prefers to fight up close rather than use his beam, but he will use it when needed. He survived the all out assault being fired at and around him,(Katsura’s and Mechagodzilla’s aim was very shitty), and then went immediately for the tail, attacking from behind. The same tactic Kong did against MV by attacking from behind. He also tends to target his enemies heads, uppercutting them and bringing them down to better strike at them, while also supplementing it with very quick jabs and punches to the chest. And while his beam is weaker, it is a lot faster on the draw and was somehow able to destroy Mechagodzilla, and has a wider output than legendaries. I don’t understand how exactly he did so when all other shots hurt when they hit, but didn’t immediately destroy the monsters.

Though slim, Showa does have a chance at winning this. He fights more like how Kong and MV Mechagodzilla do with their heavy punches, and with his constant tosses. He’s also faster on the draw with his beam, and we do see that anything can disrupt MV Godzilla’s beam before it fires, even missiles from jet planes. If Showa strikes first with his beam, he could stop MV from firing his much stronger beam briefly and once more close the distance between them. In close combat, MV has a lot more ferocity in his attacks and his biting/swinging will hurt, but Showa’s punches, while most likely not anywhere as strong as Mechagodzilla’s, will stagger him with their faster hits, and his uppercuts should hurt as well. And if he can grab Monsterverse from behind? He’ll be able to slam him around. Again, his chances of winning are slim, but I’ve already made my choice.

Added in 2 minutes 4 seconds:
Gigantis wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:28 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:26 am Now that we know MVGodzilla can chase on all 4s, what's stopping him from biting Showa by the throat on the ground and holding his arms down while MV tears at it like a Gator?
I thought it was ToMG only, so no neck tearing by Showa.
Last edited by Nagoda on Wed May 19, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
_______

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

There is a world of difference between 55 Angy and GvK Godzilla. Were this early Showa Godzilla fighting GvK Goji, I doubt GvK would get his throat torn out by 55 Goji...

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Gonna stick with the MV Goji verdict. MV got such a huge increase in *everything* that Showa’s gonna have a very hard time

But when Showa gets a good hit in and sends MV into ferocious croc mode, it’s over. Showa will have just as good a time as Kong did. He won’t medically die though, just be battered and beaten into exhaustion
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed May 19, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Giratina93 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:39 am
There is a world of difference between 55 Angy and GvK Godzilla. Were this early Showa Godzilla fighting GvK Goji, I doubt GvK would get his throat torn out by 55 Goji...
Not just that, but MV Godzilla’s neck is kinda bulky. I don’t think tearing at the neck will be made easy, assuming it’s a good idea considering that puts Showa in the line of danger with MV’s own claws and grapples.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

MV could also, theoretically, do the same thing he did to Kong and send Showa flying with his jaw and neck alone

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I do not get why when the OP says it’s Godzilla from ToMG, people assume it’s only feats from that movie. He means Godzilla as of ToMG. This means he gets feats from 55-74 as well as feats from Zone Fighter. The only feats he doesn’t get is from DAM.

So yes, Godzilla does have his ZF feats at this point.
For Emperor and Empire!