Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Monsterverse)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Monsterverse)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Aight, let’s settle this.

Godzilla (Showa) VS Godzilla (Monsterverse)

Arena: Monster Island

Rules: MV’s size has been shrunk down to 60 meters and his weight to 50,000 tons. Showa’s weight has been increased to 30,000 and his height remains unchanged.
ToMG Showa Godzilla.
GvK MV Godzilla.
No retreat, not that either of these two would do so anyway.

Verdict: I personally fall towards the side of MV Godzilla. While Showa Godzilla is going to give MV a much harder fight than Kong did, and Showa has shown the capacity to hurl a foe twice his weight around with a relative ease, I think MV is just too tough of a nut to crack for Showa to win the day. MV’s beam is also going to be brutal on Showa for certain. Once MV goes apeshit on Showa like the former did to Kong, Showa is going to find himself too battered and bruised to keep fighting.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Tue May 18, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Monsterverse)

Post by Jermobooka »

Huh, i wonder what two users posts incited this match ;)

My choice would be MV Goji, and not just because of my bias, but for all the reasons you listed

If this was anything but GvK Goji i would go with Showa...but MV’s huge increase in speed, power, atomic breath, etc etc puts him over the edge for me.

This, of course, won’t be an easy battle, not in the slightest, but eventually MV would come out on top
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Both Godzilla are strong, MV having stronger striking power while Showa has stronger grappling strength. Showa has the stronger beam, being able to destroy enemies at its strongest. Both are durable, but Showa went down from less so Showa is going to need to be careful. MV Goji has better endurance too being able fight for hours on end. It's tough, but I'd say MV Goji wins after a hard fought win.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I personally vote Showa Godzilla. MonsterVerse Godzilla is a badass powerhouse, but Showa Godzilla is both incredibly fast and nimble, absurdly versatile in a whole assortment of ways, incredibly strong and every bit as tenacious as his Legendary counterpart, an absolute boss in melee combat, and has a healing factor on his side. MonsterVerse Godzilla would be a worthy opponent, but I don’t think it’d be too long before Showa turns the tables and gets MV on the ropes.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

As of GvK, MV Godzilla is basically just a better version of late Showa Godzilla. Showa will give him a hell of a fight, for sure, but I don't see any way for MV to realistically lose here.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

MV wins this match because of bad scaling. GvR put Showa at a disadvantage from the start, no offence dude. Showa is about half of MV’s weight and nearly 30 metres shorter than his opponent. If Showa was given the same stats as MV Goji, I believe Showa would win.

PETITION FOR EQUAL RIGHTS!!!

Actually, if they were equal in size, I think it would be unfair for MV :lol:
Last edited by Voyager on Tue May 18, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Voyager wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:12 pm MV wins this match because of bad scaling. GvR put Showa at a disadvantage from the start, no offence dude. Showa is about half of MV’s weight and nearly 30 metres shorter than his opponent.
^This

I'm definitely leaning towards MV Godzilla as well, but it has very little to do with his raw strength or fighting skills in a vacuum. Pound-for-pound, he's outright inferior to his Showa counterpart in the raw strength department, and I've never understood the argument people make about him using his strength more effectively than Showa Godzilla does. 70s Godzilla absolutely has an equally competent command over his own skillset and physicality.

But in this fight, Showa Godzilla is at a serious weight disadvantage. Combine that with the impressive melee presence that LPG is certainly bringing, and I doubt Showa Godzilla is going have the upper hand in close quarters for very long. On top of that, LPG's beam spamminess is going to be a pretty hard counter to his opponent's ability to close the distance in the first place, and his tougher hide means he can absorb the most strikes and keep slugging it out.

Ultimately, I see MV Godzilla winning this battle but, man, what an epic fight it would be.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Oh sorry for not just saying that Showa is magically the same weight as something like 3 times bulkier than him even if they were the same height. As for the height disparity... I just assumed other Godzillas when they get put against MV aren’t the exact same height as him. We’ve had Heisei vs MV a few times in different ways, I never got the memo Heisei was increased to 120 meters in height during those.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:23 pm Oh sorry for not just saying that Showa is magically the same weight as something like 3 times bulkier than him even if they were the same height.
These are fantasy matches after all. If I did this match I would’ve scaled them to be the same and no one would bat an eye.
Last edited by Voyager on Tue May 18, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Will the admins shoot me in the face if I change the OP to just say “scaled” and leave it at that, or has not enough debate happened to where I can change the rules
KWCE Administrator

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:29 pm Will the admins shoot me in the face if I change the OP to just say “scaled” and leave it at that, or has not enough debate happened to where I can change the rules
Ask someone like... looks at online list... Soggy!
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Voyager wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:12 pm MV wins this match because of bad scaling. GvR put Showa at a disadvantage from the start, no offence dude. Showa is about half of MV’s weight and nearly 30 metres shorter than his opponent. If Showa was given the same stats as MV Goji, I believe Showa would win.
Kong was only slightly taller then this and he was laying into Godzilla for almost an entire night until Godzilla stopped playing around.

It's not the size, it's how you use it.

And that doesn't really matter here because Showa's best will only piss off and make GVK hit harder but you know. Just saying.

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
Voyager wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:30 pm
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:29 pm Will the admins shoot me in the face if I change the OP to just say “scaled” and leave it at that, or has not enough debate happened to where I can change the rules
Ask someone like... looks at online list... Soggy!

Just as I was typing lmao.

Yeah, I don't care. Go nuts. I think the no editing a match after posting rule is stupid anyhow.

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I still really don’t get the argument Showa can’t use his strength as well as MV or Kong, when he definitely can, and in some cases, could use it better than those two.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

I’m torn here, I feel like I’d just be deciding the fight here and now. Obviously Showa’s pound for pound stronger, man’s hurling twice his weight over his shoulder like it’s a sack of shit. That’s why he’s lighter here, to equalize things. For the record, if I had just put “scaled” in the OP in the first place, these stats for Showa are what I would have assumed anyway. But clearly that’s not what everyone would have assumed.

I think I have a compromise that’ll work?

Added in 2 minutes 13 seconds:
There. Much closer in height and weight without Showa being too disadvantaged in either, but not compromising on this strange hill I’ve chosen to die on of keeping this fight between fictional dinosaurs logical in terms of scaling damnit!
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I don’t know why, but for some reason I find something strangely... ... ...pleasant about this particular match. Whether it’s sheer nostalgia or something else, I can’t put my finger on it.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:53 pm I don’t know why, but for some reason I find something strangely... ... ...pleasant about this particular match. Whether it’s sheer nostalgia or something else, I can’t put my finger on it.
The salt. It’s the copious amount of salt :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Tough call. Can certainly go either way. I am just going to throw it in for Showa just because he seems to pull weird powers out of nowhere specifically for who he is facing. I have no idea what it would be against another Godzilla but I am sure he'd think of something.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

70s G hasn't dealt with the same aggression that GvK Godzilla dishes out. It's not so much about the weight than it is about how it's thrown around. If MVG can pounce on Showa G there really isn't much Showa can do to get up unless he fires off some beams. How many times have we seen Showa get pummeled on the ground? It's like if you put Conor Mcgregor in the ring with Jon Jones, Conor may be nimble and hands-on, but Jonny Jones is just the more dominant fighter (plus a whole 2 weight classes heavier).
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:11 pm 70s G hasn't dealt with the same aggression that GvK Godzilla dishes out. It's not so much about the weight than it is about how it's thrown around. If MVG can pounce on Showa G there really isn't much Showa can do to get up unless he fires off some beams. How many times have we seen Showa get pummeled on the ground? It's like if you put Conor Mcgregor in the ring with Jon Jones, Conor may be nimble and hands-on, but Jonny Jones is just the more dominant fighter (plus a whole 2 weight classes heavier).
Showa as of the version used has only been “pummeled on the ground” by Titanosaurus, and insanely strong kaiju, but Goji wasn’t even hurt.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:53 pm I don’t know why, but for some reason I find something strangely... ... ...pleasant about this particular match. Whether it’s sheer nostalgia or something else, I can’t put my finger on it.
Part of it is probably just the fact that no matter which one you side with, there’s no denying this would be an absolute barn burner of a showdown to witness.
KWCE Administrator