Godzilla Junior, Minilla, and Mothra Larva (Showa x2 and Heisei) vs Cretaceous King Ghidorah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Godzilla Junior, Minilla, and Mothra Larva (Showa x2 and Heisei) vs Cretaceous King Ghidorah

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Godzilla Junior, Minilla, Mothra Larva (Showa x2), and Mothra Larva (Heisei) VS Cretaceous King Ghidorah

Arena: Infant Island (Showa)

Rules: Minilla has regular access to his atomic ray, and has the intellect he showed in Godzilla’s Revenge.
Scaled.

Verdict: Gonna lean the team, but they’ll be in for a difficult time. Cretaceous can overwhelm any of them in melee, and his fireballs will leave most of them hurting quickly. Junior is the only one that can really hold his own in direct combat, so he’ll likely end up being the main tank and damage dealer as Minilla and the Larvae work together to help him however they can. Between three silk-spewers, one of which has acidic(?) webbing sufficient to get a reaction out of Heisei, they should be able to wrap Cretaceous up and take a win. However, they’ll need to be careful, if Junior goes down, Cretaceous will make quick work out of the rest.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla Junior, Minilla, and Mothra Larva (Showa x2 and Heisei) vs Cretaceous King Ghidorah

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I’ll be leaning the team, but just barely. Cretaceous King Ghidorah is tough as nails and vicious as a Tasmanian Devil on steroids, and nearly bested Rainbow Mothra Leo in a one-on-one fight. The team is gonna need to keep on their toes on this one.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Junior, Minilla, and Mothra Larva (Showa x2 and Heisei) vs Cretaceous King Ghidorah

Post by UltimateDitto »

You could make the argument that Leo wasn't one hundred percent in his fight with Cretaceous Ghidorah. Having having fought Grand earlier and then transforming to time travel.

Junior definitely fairs the best here, Minilla having constant access to the atomic ray is also a big help and having a bit more brainpower too. One showa mothra larvae was able to at least survive against Showa Ghidorah for a little bit, but with three larvae and one being a bit bigger could provide enough fire power to coat Cretaceous in webbing while surviving the fireballs.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Color me crazy, but I'm leaning more toward CKG, and for one big reason: Junior is an incredibly passive kaiju and just not a fighter.

As can be seen here, he really only uses his beam in retaliation to the Aggregate's own attacks, and even then it takes after he gets pinned. Against CKG, this means he likely won't be the one starting the fight, and at the same time, likely won't be the one drawing CKG's ire. That is going to fall upon the mothra larvae and Minilla... who won't be lasting very long against CKG's onslaught. Junior's passivity and defensive nature means he won't be an effective tank to soak up blows for the others, and instead is simply going to stand there and maybe fire off a beam or two while the rest of his allies get slaughtered.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I know it's tempting to underrate them because they're just baby worms, but three Mothra larvae make for a very serious team on their own. That silk spray is not to be taken lightly, as evidenced by the larvae having one of the most infamous upset victory records in the genre. I don't remember what CKG can do, I haven't seen his movie in forever (going to rewatch it sometime this year), but I would say it almost doesn't matter. As long as Junior and Minya can provide any distraction at all, and I think they certainly can, the Mothras are going to be able to play hit and run, ducking behind cover and just plastering Ghidorah with silk, and that's going to encumber and slow him down quickly, making things progressively easier for the team.

So while Junior and Minya probably won't live to see it, their teammates have this under control.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Leaning CGK here. Minilla is useless as he's more likely to flee than fight. The Mothra larvae could potentially swing it in favor of the team if they web up Ghidorah fast enough, but I see Ghidorah blasting them all over the place more often than not. That leaves Godzilla Jr by his lonesome and if he had trouble with an Aggregate Destroyah, he's in for a rough ride against CKG. His noted passive nature will be his downfall.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Minya never ran from Ghidorah in DAM (that I remember), and stepped in to help Godzilla against Kumonga. His courage kicks in and he becomes more willing to stand his ground when he has allies that need his help. Even if he does panic and flee early on, he'll most likely come back. And again, all he and Junior need to do is distract and draw fire. Even if they die, buying two or three minutes for the Larvae to get set up and start spamming is all that's asked of them. And heck, there's a good possibility that a larva will take one for the team and go in close to bite Ghidorah's tail. The larva in question will probably regret that, but it will provide a major distraction for the others (probably minus Junior) to capitalize on.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

In the case of the webs: can't Cretaceous just fly away? Yeah, it takes some time for him to fly since he needs a running start, but it takes the Larva even longer to constrict enemies with web. With Cretaceous likely to gun for them first with the darn web and Minilla not being strong enough to help them effectively, they'll die. After that, Minilla's attempts to be brave will annoy him more than anything, leading to a fiery end. Then Godzilla Junior will get overwhelmed by the more aggressive Ghidorah who likely won't let him act fast enough to save himself with atomic rays.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sun May 09, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

This is a tough one. Ghidorah is one tough cookie even if he isn't quite as powerful as his later more evolved incarnation. He did singlehandedly wipe out the dinosaurs which is scary as well as impressive. I am going to go for the team because of their sheer numbers with Godzilla Junior probably being the tip of the spear. He was able to stand up to a form of Des which was pretty impressive. So I think in the end the team will take it. Doesn't mean it will be easy by any means though.