GMK vs MV Kong

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

GMK vs MV Kong

Post by Giratina93 »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla_mill3.htm

vs

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/king_ ... verse.html

Rules:

1. No Axe, but all the stuff for the Ramarak fight is there and scaled up

2. This is GvK Kong

Arena: Skull Island marshland (K:SI)

Kong's peaceful days on Skull Island are shattered by the arrival of a ghostly menace... Even without the axe, I'm leaning Kong here. GMK Godzilla... is not the best fighter in the world, and Kong is going to be running circles around him and manhandling him. Kong's still got a few tools at his disposal to help beat down GMK Godzilla, and with it taking so long to charge the beam, Kong should have an easy time avoiding it before he beats GMK senseless...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spuro
Keizer

Re: GMK vs MV Kong

Post by Spuro »

If he's got no axe... he's done for. MV Kong is pretty subpar by kaiju standards without it. Weak physical strength, poor durability... his only advantages here are his agility and his long reach.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Without the axe to take advantage of his beams, it's going to take too long to break into its hide. Kong is agile and smart, but he doesn't have the means to overcome Godzilla's strength. All Godzilla needs to do is catch then stun him long enough to blast him to smithereen. My vote goes to Godzilla.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gotta go with Kong. Yeah, he doesn’t have the axe, but he’s still showcased the strength, skill, and agility to not be completely overwhelmed in melee against MV Godzilla until the latter went all in, which is far more than GMK Godzilla would be able to say. Kong’s gonna be throwing Godzilla all around the place, probably hurl some tree spears at him, until Godzilla just can’t fight anymore.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Kong is far more agile and skilled in melee. Even without his axe, Kong's gonna be beating this Godzilla around and using whatever's in his surroundings as a makeshift weapon to help beat him down. GMK's beam is something to be wary of, but it's nothing Kong can't handle, especially considering how quickly he shrugged off MV's Atomic Ray. GMK Godzilla simply doesn't compare to his MV counterpart, and is going to get his face caved in by Kong.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I think this battle is evenly matched. 50/50 on both sides. I’m abstaining.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I just don't see what Kong can do to even hurt GMK Godzilla. The poor guy is skilled, sure, but he doesn't even have enough physical strength to break steel chains. They nearly resulted in his death TWICE in two different movies! It's not just a one-off outliner.

Without his axe, Kong's just a faster, more skilled, physically weaker* Guardian Monster. His speed and skill will allow him to last a long time, but he just isn't winning this...

*He is absolutely physically weaker than Ghidorah and Baragon. Both were shown capable of tunneling quickly through solid rock and concrete. Kong can't free himself from some chains if his life depends on it.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Punching MV Godzilla hard enough to make him stagger back. Kicking him away while they were underwater. The fact that he’s still able to hurt Godzilla by swinging the axe when it isn’t supercharged. Contributing about as much as Godzilla when they grabbed Mechagodzilla by the arms and shoved him into a building. Hurling a tree almost as tall as him like a lawn dart. Yes he had an element of surprise for this, but leaping onto Godzilla’s back and shoving him into a building wouldn’t have gone nearly as well if Kong was weaker than fucking Baragon.

The chains they restrained Kong with while transporting him were made specifically for him, by a group that has been studying him for decades.

He was also drugged to hell and back before then to even get him on the boat, which would explain why he can’t break them in the night scene, and when Godzilla showed up... Kong had like, a minute? Two maybe before the boat got flipped over?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Everyone thinks Kong will just fight fist to fist with GMK, but it does say everything around them for the Ramarak Fight is scaled up as well, meaning Kong also now has a giant propeller on a chain to use against GMK. That’ll give him the edge here literally to beat down Godzilla. It won’t cut through his hide on the first try, but those chains might be strong enough to just wrap GMK up with and swing him around, or choke him out. The propeller blade, if it can cut into GMK, will probably be able to deal enough damage where GMK might end up killing himself again. GMK’s beam will do damage here without an Axe to absorb it, but Kong should be able to hop around and dodge most of them with all the mountains around them.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The boat propeller isn't... ( 8-) ) going to cut it. If those drill missiles couldn't bore through Godzilla's hide, and neither Baragon nor Ghidorah could bite through it, the propeller has no chance.

I say Godzilla takes this. Kong is the better melee fighter by a mile, and far faster, but Godzilla can take everything Kong can dish out. That beam is going to tag the monkey eventually. And then it's going to tag him again while he's down, and that'll be that.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KK42 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:57 pm I just don't see what Kong can do to even hurt GMK Godzilla. The poor guy is skilled, sure, but he doesn't even have enough physical strength to break steel chains. They nearly resulted in his death TWICE in two different movies! It's not just a one-off outliner.

Without his axe, Kong's just a faster, more skilled, physically weaker* Guardian Monster. His speed and skill will allow him to last a long time, but he just isn't winning this...

*He is absolutely physically weaker than Ghidorah and Baragon. Both were shown capable of tunneling quickly through solid rock and concrete. Kong can't free himself from some chains if his life depends on it.
GVR kind of pointed out Kong's strength points, but I'd like to add that the first time it was teenage Kong and he DID break out of the chains.

Simply took him a minute or two as well as the fact hrs had a LOT of growing in both size and strength since then

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Anyway, yeah, Godzilla has this. Kong can smack him around but he has NO counter to the beam when he eventually slips up and does get hit and just going by scale and power, it should hurt a lot more then the beam LPG hit him with

RIP Evan.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

KK42 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:57 pm I just don't see what Kong can do to even hurt GMK Godzilla. The poor guy is skilled, sure, but he doesn't even have enough physical strength to break steel chains.
To be fair, Kong was heavily sedated in GvK right before the Godzilla fight. Dude was very clearly high as a kite, as seen with that ridiculous expression he had while eating the fish.

Anyway, I can see Kong taking this in all honesty. GMK Godzilla's beam requires a significant charge time to be effective, otherwise it's nothing special, and we know Kong can survive getting shot in the back with an atomic ray and get right back up. That's also not mentioning the fact that he survived getting set on fire with napalm when he was younger. GMK Godzilla is nowhere near as spammy as MV Godzilla, so he probably won't have to worry about the beam too much. Even if it does come into play, Kong has shown that he's more than agile enough to avoid getting hit by it.

GMK Godzilla is also not as deadly of a melee fighter as MV Godzilla, nor is he as strong. Kong is going to absolutely brutalize him up close, both with his bare hands and with the tools at his disposal. Without the axe he probably can't put Godzilla down for good, but I'm damn sure he can knock him the fuck out and there's very little Godzilla can do to stop him outside of a lucky beam hit.
Last edited by Breakdown on Fri May 07, 2021 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

To the people saying that Godzilla wins because Kong won't be able to put him down, I ask you this: Do you really think Godzilla can put Kong down? Are you forgetting how much trouble MV Godzilla, who VASTLY outclasses GMK Godzilla in every single category, had getting a solid hit on Kong? Like sure, GMK's beam can be pretty potent... if he gets a long charge on it, and Kong's simply not going to give him the opportunity to do that.

Basically Kong is going to be wailing on Godzilla nonstop, and Godzilla won't be able to mount much resistance because he lacks MV Godzilla's physicality. So while it's true that Kong lacks killing power when he doesn't have a weapon, he's still going to be completely beating GMK's ass and won't be taking much retaliation in turn. GMK is gonna get knocked out eventually.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

This is definitely going to be a close match with good points on both sides. I am going to slightly go for Godzilla. This Godzilla is a zombie after all and I always thought that the only real reason the guardians were even able to kind of actually hurt him is because they are supernatural guardians. Now this doesn't mean Kong can't injure him at all. I already know somebody is going to point out he did get drilled from the inside so he is not immortal to normal attacks but in order to drill out of him in the first place a supernatural attack from the guardian was needed to inflict the wound. However I am going to say that since Kong is not a supernatural guardian he might not be able to do the damage that Ghidorah was able to do to him. This Godzilla has very poor beam accuracy so Kong is in luck here in that area. However if Kong makes just one mistake against the beam he's done for. Godzilla's melee is also relatively poor so despite Kong lacking a means to outright KO Godzilla, at least easily, will even the odds in his favor. One thing about this Godzilla is that it seems more sadistic when it gains the advantage. Something Kong will take advantage of. Kong wasted no time with MV Godzilla and GvK made it clear that if Godzilla really wanted to down Kong with no holds barred then he will. So toying with Kong is something that normally goes in his favor because of his determination. One thing that keeps me leaning to Godzilla apart from the supernatural stuff is that he isn't stupid. He has pulled tricks on his opponents especially Mothra. I can see him doing that for Kong. If he somehow knew Mothra was behind him he probably knows when Kong is going to ambush him. When that happens Kong is done for. Kong won't expect a counter ambush and given his mediocre durability just one good hit can leave him vulnerable to more fatal attacks like the beam. I think the right word is attrition for this fight. Godzilla will tank everything Kong has despite not having an easy way to deal with Kong in a direct fight himself and turn an ambush against him. So the short version. Kong can probably evade the beams easily and last in a lengthy melee fight if he doesn't make any mistakes. However when he goes to do an ambush it will probably be countered and end in his death. If Kong had his axe and we assume it works on GMK's beam than I would give this to Kong instead but of course he doesn't here.