Yamato Guardians vs Megaguirus

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Yamato Guardians vs Megaguirus

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Ghidorah (GMK), Mothra (GMK), and Baragon (GMK) VS Megaguirus

Arena: Tokyo

Rules: Mothra and Baragon can transfer their energy to Ghidorah upon death, one soul will transform him into King Ghidorah and the second will grant him his Gravity Bolts.

Verdict: I find myself leaning towards Megaguirus. Even with the numbers advantage the Yamato Guardians are gonna find themselves swiftly overwhelmed and picked apart. Mothra is gonna swiped out of the sky quickly, and King Ghidorah lacks the speed to tag Megaguirus. The only scenario I can see the guardians winning is if King Ghidorah can get his Gravity Bolts and tag Megaguirus with them, but even if KG gets his beams, it’s just more likely he’ll get stabbed in the back and drained of all life.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Re: Yamato Guardians vs Megaguirus

Post by Nagoda »

I’m giving this to Megaguirus. Her speed will allow her to simply decimate her opponents. Baragon is going to get blitzed fast and quickly become overwhelmed, meaning he’s going to die. Although his bulk would probably give him a better chance than Mothra in this fight. The first to go would probably be Mothra. As another flying insect, Megaguirus would most likely target her first, taking out her aerial competition and tear right through her foes less armored wings. The stinger attack might hurt, but Megaguirus is better armed than Mothra, meaning she will literally tear her apart. King Ghidorah is a big power bank for Megaguirus to absorb energy from, although three heads would give him a better chance of beating down Megaguirus and tearing her apart, if she doesn’t attack him from behind. I don’t think King Ghidorah will be able to match her speed either, as we see Megaguirus go from hovering to afterimage very quickly, and if she could dodge Godzilla’s ray, she might be able to out speed the Gravity Beams.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I too give this to Megaguirus. She’s just gonna fly circles and circles around them and give them no chance of hitting her. Mothra’s gonna get shredded, Baragon’s gonna get spammed to death, and Ghidorah won’t be able to land a hit in her before she impales his back and drains all that precious energy before blowing his @$$ up with it.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

I am giving it to Meg. The three guardians really aren't much to show for. Baragon and Mothra in particular will get destroyed pretty quickly. Ghidorah could probably tank a few hits but if Megaguirus was able to floor a good Godzilla I don't think Ghidorah is going to do any better. It certainly helps she can fly circles around all three of them combined. The only real pitfall I see is Mega's own ego. I don't think it will get in the way of her victory though because she seems to know what her enemies are capable of and when it is safe to toy with them. I guess we'll never know if her energy drain would work on a fantasy creature like Ghidorah but it really doesn't matter in the long run with her speed and hit and run tactics.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Megaguirus has a big speed advantage over the three. Mothra's stingers could do some damage, but the guardians have to hit Meg first. Meg's power ball would destroy Mothra with ease, and Baragon would have to be very lucky to land a hit. Ghidorah's gravity beams are the only real threat to Meg. Meg can avoid them, however, and wear down the three headed dragon to the point of defeat.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

The shield attack would destroy Megaguirus, but it can't catch up with her to do the damage. Other than that, these guys will get drained without being able to land a single hit regardless of King showing up or not.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Tue May 04, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Megaguirus takes this but Ghidorah is honestly a semi even match. The spirit bomb will fuck her up, the gravity beams would cause pain, big enough to smack her around. The problem is Megaguirus is too fast and mobile for anything but the Spirit Bomb to hit her and it won't be enough.

RIP Evan.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

The Yamato Trio's best hope here is for Baragon or Mothra to catch Megaguirus by surprise and bring her down to the ground, since we've seen that Megs kinda froze in place when she saw Godzilla jump up and body slam her. Aside from that or Ghidorah catching her slipping with a gravity bolt barrage, there's not much they can do here aside from get picked off. And there's no guarantee Ghidorah will even be the last one standing, as what's stopping Megaguirus from just flying on over and stabbing Ghidorah in the gut first thing? If anything I can see Mothra being the last one alive due to how fast and mobile she is in the air, but eventually, she'll likewise fall to Megaguirus.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Giratina93 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:02 pm The Yamato Trio's best hope here is for Baragon or Mothra to catch Megaguirus by surprise and bring her down to the ground, since we've seen that Megs kinda froze in place when she saw Godzilla jump up and body slam her. Aside from that or Ghidorah catching her slipping with a gravity bolt barrage, there's not much they can do here aside from get picked off. And there's no guarantee Ghidorah will even be the last one standing, as what's stopping Megaguirus from just flying on over and stabbing Ghidorah in the gut first thing? If anything I can see Mothra being the last one alive due to how fast and mobile she is in the air, but eventually, she'll likewise fall to Megaguirus.
To be fair, I think most of us would probably have that same reaction to seeing something as lumbering as Godzilla jump 300 feet into the air to perform a body slam, lol. She probably wasn't expecting that to happen, and I don't fault her, especially since Godzilla made no indication that he was capable of ridiculous levels of acrobatics beforehand.

Anyway, Megaguirus takes this fight. Initially, Mothra is her only real competition as she's fairly fast herself, but Megaguirus displayed far better speed/agility than her, and her reaction time (The film showed that she can see things in slow-motion) will ensure that Mothra won't catch her by surprise. Baragon is just straight up useless outside of his leaping/lunging. Once Baragon and Mothra die, then Ghidorah will actually be able to present a danger to Megaguirus. However Ghidorah is slower than Mothra in-flight, and Megaguirus comfortably has her beat in that category. Ghidorah's gravity beams will be dangerous as will the spirit bomb, but Megaguirus's agility will make it so Ghidorah will be hard pressed to so much as graze her. Eventually, Megs will wear him down and kill him.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns