The Grinch (2000) vs Krampus (2015)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

The Grinch (2000) vs Krampus (2015)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

mer crjimas.

And no, this is not a shitpost. This is a legitimate idea I had binging Christmas movies that I genuinely want to consider, as stupid as it is.

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/The_Grinch_(2000)

http://kaiju.wikidot.com/wiki:krampus#krampus15b

Arena: The Grinch's lairs

Rules:
- Max is not in this match, he's too much of a liability for the Grinch (easily taken, Krampus can use him for a hostage situation)
- The Grinch has had about three days prep time to create his weaponry, of any sorts (for those doubting this amount of prep time having anything reasonable, the film says that the sleigh, costume, and many gadgets for the Christmas heist took 4 hours)
- Krampus has all of his demonic toy, living gingerbread and elf henchmen but only after they have all been sent out can he arrive to actually battle.
- Krampus and his demons are doing their usual modus operandi of trying to capture the Grinch to bring him to another dimension/convince him to remember the holiday spirit, they can NOT kill him. The Grinch on the other hand, has no morals and will attempt to kill.

Verdict: The Grinch's resourcefulness and sheer callousness will give him a definite advantage. Looking at some of his inventions in the film, it's clear he can easily dispatch the toys and the gingerbread man (one was easily eaten by a dog while the Grinch casually eats ceramics and glass for fun). The elves and Krampus are the real outliers here. The elves are significantly more organized then the toys, as well as having actual weapons. Krampus himself on the other hand, is a whole other matter, with his demonic power and height advantage on the Grinch. However, the Grinch's high pain tolerance not only can negate Krampus's attacks but his oneirokinesis could affect Krampus if we go by the logic that what happens to Max's family in the film was all a vision. I'm afraid I will have to leave this unclear until we get more information

RIP Evan.

Spuro
Keizer

Re: The Grinch (2000) vs Krampus (2015)

Post by Spuro »

The Grinch hoisted up at least a couple tons worth of sleigh+stolen goods over his head.

Can Krampus contend with that kind of power?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:06 am The Grinch hoisted up at least a couple tons worth of sleigh+stolen goods over his head.

Can Krampus contend with that kind of power?

Hmmm.

Some say this feat was because the Grinch's heart grew three sizes but I see it as him gaining determination to save Cindy Lou Who.

Either way, will make the physical battle more interesting.

RIP Evan.

justin887
Young Farmer

Post by justin887 »

We all love Christmas. We spent a lot of time and money getting our houses ready for Christmas. Putting up lights, decorating the Christmas tree, preparing the Christmas dinner, gifting people etc.  But sometimes, someone in our family or someone we know can break our Christmas spirit.  A colleague of mine used to call his wife “Grinch” when she ruined Christmas spirit.

Someone who is not happy with Christmas and wants everyone to be miserable.  I had never seen this movie The Grinch (2000) when my colleague used to call his wife “Grinch”. But I saw that movie after a few years, and I understood why he used to call his wife “Grinch”.  Not everyone can be as happy as you are on the Christmas day, sometimes they are not that happy.

Let’s talk about the movie The Grinch aka Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  When the Grinch came out of his cave and saw how Christmas was celebrated on the surface, he hated it all and decided to steal Christmas.  But he learnt how Christmas is important for people especially for kids.  He became an Angel and returned the Christmas Spirit to all the people in Whoville.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

justin887 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:36 pm We all love Christmas. We spent a lot of time and money getting our houses ready for Christmas. Putting up lights, decorating the Christmas tree, preparing the Christmas dinner, gifting people etc.  But sometimes, someone in our family or someone we know can break our Christmas spirit.  A colleague of mine used to call his wife “Grinch” when she ruined Christmas spirit.

Someone who is not happy with Christmas and wants everyone to be miserable.  I had never seen this movie The Grinch (2000) when my colleague used to call his wife “Grinch”. But I saw that movie after a few years, and I understood why he used to call his wife “Grinch”.  Not everyone can be as happy as you are on the Christmas day, sometimes they are not that happy.

Let’s talk about the movie The Grinch aka Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  When the Grinch came out of his cave and saw how Christmas was celebrated on the surface, he hated it all and decided to steal Christmas.  But he learnt how Christmas is important for people especially for kids.  He became an Angel and returned the Christmas Spirit to all the people in Whoville.
Dude. This is a versus battle.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:45 pm
justin887 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:36 pm We all love Christmas. We spent a lot of time and money getting our houses ready for Christmas. Putting up lights, decorating the Christmas tree, preparing the Christmas dinner, gifting people etc.  But sometimes, someone in our family or someone we know can break our Christmas spirit.  A colleague of mine used to call his wife “Grinch” when she ruined Christmas spirit.

Dude. This is a versus battle.
You beat me to it.

Added in 23 seconds:
And it's from two fucking years ago.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image