Ultraman Nexus Vs. Destroyah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Ultraman Nexus Vs. Destroyah

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Ultraman Nexus

Destroyah

Rules:
-Fight to the death

-Nexus is scaled to 100 meters and 55,000 tons

-Nexus' host is Komon

-Nexus has access to his Junis and Junis Blue forms (no Meta Field)

-After ten minutes Nexus can attain his Ultraman Noa form

-Destroyah can breakdown and reform once

Arena: Kyoto

While I fall into the category of believing that Destroyah is powerful albeit overhyped I believe there's little doubt he poses a huge threat to Nexus. Strength wise a prolonged physical engagement I think he would have the edge, though speed wise Nexus could dance circles around him so it evens the odds. Though if Destroyah manages to land a strike with that horn beam of his I feel like that almost guarantees a victory.

Nexus has a shit ton of beams and other powers but I doubt they could oneshot Destroyah, but certainly whittle him down once Nexus starts fighting at a distance.

If he reaches his Noa form then Destroyah is right and proper fucked. Leaning towards Nexus in the long run provided Destroyah doesn't damage him too severely in the early stages of the battle.
Resized Image

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Re: Ultraman Nexus Vs. Destroyah

Post by LamangoKaijura »

If Nexus can go Noa, Destroyah's screwed...
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The question here is basically “can Nexus survive for 10 minutes against Destoroyah?” Because Noa will obliterate Destoroyah with ease, and at the same time Nexus isn’t going to be beating Destoroyah without Noa. Without any freezing abilities or attacks on the level of Burning Godzilla’s Infinite Spiral Ray that he can throw out with any regularity, this is an endurance test for Nexus.

Nexus should be able to handle Destoroyah’s Oxygen Destroyer beam, it’ll knock him around but he’ll live. The tail claw and shock will be rough if Destoroyah can get it off, but Nexus is more well equipped to escape that than Godzilla was. Destoroyah is strong enough to knock Godzilla to the ground with one shove, so Nexus is definitely going to need to use his agility to his advantage in that regard. Nexus has two major things he needs to watch out for: the Variable Slicer and the Aggregate dogpile.

The Variable Slicer may just outright cut Nexus in half, or at least severely wound him. I definitely see it severing a limb, which definitely means Nexus is fucked. If Destoroyah breaks down, the Aggregate dogpile was enough to drain a significant portion of Burning Godzilla’s energy, so while Nexus can get them off of him quicker than Godzilla could, the energy drain will be very rough and leave him weakened against a fully-rejuvenated Destoroyah.

I’m going to give the majority of wins to Destoroyah, 10 minutes is a long time in a fight, and I think Nexus just has too much against him here to make it most of the time.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

JetJaguarPaunch
Samurai

Post by JetJaguarPaunch »

If this was just regular Nexus VS Destroyah...well Nexus has fought monsters as powerful as Destroyah before. We know how this goes. Destroyah being able to reform could help, but otherwise, Des is nothing Nexus hasn't fought before. And some of his attacks are so powerful that it might destroy them outright.

Noa? The fuck, why would you even include that?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Pretty sure all the monsters in Nexus could give Destroyah a run for his money too.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gojira2001
GPN Volunteer

Post by Gojira2001 »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:42 pm Pretty sure all the monsters in Nexus could give Destroyah a run for his money too.
You......you’re joking right? Please for the love of Noa tell me you’re joking?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:42 pm Pretty sure all the monsters in Nexus could give Destroyah a run for his money too.
Not all of them, but the stronger ones for sure.

I’d give this one to Nexus. He should be able to survive the ten minutes to get to Noa. His speed should allow him to get around the bulkier monster, especially if he uses his Mach Move ability to rush about at high speeds in Junis or dodge about attacks at Mach speed for brief moments of time in Junis Blue. His energy shield will be able to hold off whatever energy attacks Destoroyah fires at him, considering it was strong enough to hold up to Dark Zagi’s own beam. The Core Impulse attack might heavily damage Destoroyah, being Junis forms strongest attack. The Over-Ray Strom would do some damage, probably on par with Godzilla’s beam since it severs ones molecular bonds.

Another thing, Nexus has the aerial maneuverability advantage here as well. Destoroyah’s final form is really bulky in its flight, while Nexus and other Ultramen just zip about like it’s nothing at high speeds. And since you allowed Junis Blue into the fight, he has an energy sword and bow to counter that Horn Katana, plus an added speed and maneuverability boost in this form. The Over-Arrow Ray Strom might be able to destroy or heavily injure Destoroyah. Hell, the normal Arrow Ray Strom might deal some heavy damage here as it just cuts through space beasts like their nothing while supposedly obliterating the enemies particles.

The moment he hits Noa, Destoroyah will be absolutely destroyed. One last thing, you made his host Komon. You do realize Komon as Nexus was able to just fire off the more energy expensive finisher attacks right off the bat and continue fighting right? He fired off TWO of those types of attacks that should have used up most of his energy, and he was still good on power to fight Dark Zagi until he reached Noa. He’s the true reason Nexus will defeat Destroyah here, as he has no qualms waiting to use the ultimate finishers right off the bat, cause he’ll still have more energy to keep on fighting.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Isn't Nexus... like, literally Ultra-Jesus?

Destoroyah's tough sure, but how is he supposed to stand up to that?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!