SpaceGodzilla vs. Armored Darkness

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

SpaceGodzilla vs. Armored Darkness

Post by MM The Destroyer »

The crystal tyrant himself, SpaceGodzilla, takes on absolute evil personified. The embodiment of sin, Armored Darkness, has come to find his master gone... and everything, starting with the galactic terror, will pay...

Arena: Fukuoka
Rukes: Toho Heisei Scaled. SpaceGodzilla has his crystal fortress set up.

Video of Armored Darkness

Leaning ole' AD here. Sure, SG may have some better firepower, but AD's armor should protect him for sometime. And once he gets upclose, there's not much SG can do. Once those crystals are shattered, and they will be, he's going to be a ticking time bomb until he goes boom.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: SpaceGodzilla vs. Armored Darkness

Post by Beef Bigshot »

SG has pitiful melee skills (no stabbing does not count. I seem to remember a distinct lack of stabbing when Godzilla was biting his face off)

Also agreed about the armor, it should defend him enough to be able to get close and beat the shit outta SG, which is purely how this battle will be determined

Also was this made to spite some of the recent comments on SG :lol:
Resized Image

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

I love this match already. FINALLY, a match with SpaceGodzilla that doesn't have SpaceGodzilla stomp.

The armour is key to AD, and once he gets in there, SG's ass is ripe for the picking.
TK's resident Taurean

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

Also was this made to spite some of the recent comments on SG :lol:
I have a few others in mind as well.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

A SpaceGodzilla Match?! You'd dare defy me?! You must die!

But yeah, I'm also leaning towards Armored Darkness here. SpaceGodzilla does not use Close Range Combat at all, and Armored Darkness appeared to have quite a bit of durability on him. Enough to take the Corona Beams and allow him to get close, at least. Once he gets close, SpaceGodzilla really can't do much. Still, SpaceGodzilla does have his chances given the Corona Beam and his Crystal Fortress. I just don't think that'll be enough given the fact that he doesn't know how to throw a simple punch.
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:A SpaceGodzilla Match?! You'd dare defy me?! You must die!

But yeah, I'm also leaning towards Armored Darkness here. SpaceGodzilla does not use Close Range Combat at all, and Armored Darkness appeared to have quite a bit of durability on him. Enough to take the Corona Beams and allow him to get close, at least. Once he gets close, SpaceGodzilla really can't do much. Still, SpaceGodzilla does have his chances given the Corona Beam and his Crystal Fortress. I just don't think that'll be enough given the fact that he doesn't know how to throw a simple punch.
Ok dude, I know that you dislike SG for whatever reason, but that doesn't excuse this post. Seriously, this is really biased.

Your accusation that SG does not have close range combat is blatantly false. He used his corona beam multiple times when MOG was in his face, he used a gravity tornadoe up close, and he fired electrical discharges for his shoulder crystals when godzilla was in his face.

Not to mention he has a tail that, alone, was strong enough to stab, lift and toss a 160'000 toned MOG across the battle field.

So the hell SG doesn't have Close Combat Skills, cause he does.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
Gojira tai Mosura wrote:A SpaceGodzilla Match?! You'd dare defy me?! You must die!

Ok dude, I know that you dislike SG for whatever reason, but that doesn't excuse this post. Seriously, this is really biased.

Your accusation that SG does not have close range combat is blatantly false. He used his corona beam multiple times when MOG was in his face, he used a gravity tornadoe up close, and he fired electrical discharges for his shoulder crystals when godzilla was in his face.

Not to mention he has a tail that, alone, was strong enough to stab, lift and toss a 160'000 toned MOG across the battle field.

I get that, but that was partially because M.O.G.U.E.R.A was standing there in his face shooting him at the same time. I'm aware that his tail was able to accomplish that feat, but it seemed like he only really used the attack because M.O.G.U.E.R.A was behind him and, once again, being a doofus. One thing I want to ask though, is what even is a Gravity Tornado? I don't recall a tornado ever really appearing on screen, and after seeing the SpaceGodzilla fight again I can safely say I have no idea what it even is supposed to do.
Still though, you have to take into account that despite the fact that SpaceGodzilla did indeed shoot his beam at a standstill M.O.G.U.E.R.A who was asking for it, he didn't really have much melee capability. This is an issue with all of the Heisei Monsters, they can't get up close at all because they don't know how to get up close and personal. They just beamspam. So when this guy gets close, SpaceGodzilla is just gonna keep shooting his Corona Beam, and Armored Darkness is gonna attack him with his trident repeatedly, which is a pretty powerful weapon.
I'm not saying that SpaceGodzilla will not win regardless, I'm just saying I think he'll lose more often than he'll win due to the fact that he doesn't really have too many methods of getting his opponents out of his face other than beamspam.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:

I get that, but that was partially because M.O.G.U.E.R.A was standing there in his face shooting him at the same time. I'm aware that his tail was able to accomplish that feat, but it seemed like he only really used the attack because M.O.G.U.E.R.A was behind him and, once again, being a doofus. One thing I want to ask though, is what even is a Gravity Tornado? I don't recall a tornado ever really appearing on screen, and after seeing the SpaceGodzilla fight again I can safely say I have no idea what it even is supposed to do.
Still though, you have to take into account that despite the fact that SpaceGodzilla did indeed shoot his beam at a standstill M.O.G.U.E.R.A who was asking for it, he didn't really have much melee capability. This is an issue with all of the Heisei Monsters, they can't get up close at all because they don't know how to get up close and personal. They just beamspam. So when this guy gets close, SpaceGodzilla is just gonna keep shooting his Corona Beam, and Armored Darkness is gonna attack him with his trident repeatedly, which is a pretty powerful weapon.
I'm not saying that SpaceGodzilla will not win regardless, I'm just saying I think he'll lose more often than he'll win due to the fact that he doesn't really have too many methods of getting his opponents out of his face other than beamspam.

I'm really not disputing what your saying. SG generally sucks at close combat. However, I don't understand how you can claim he doesn't have any real close combat capabilities when he blatantly displays such abilities throughout the second fight. I'm not saying SG will dominate in Close Combat cause he won't. I'm saying that he does have options if Armored Darkness gets up close.

The gravity tornado was when SG lifted godzilla up and launched him into a building via gravity.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

EmperorGhidorah wrote: I'm really not disputing what your saying. SG generally sucks at close combat. However, I don't understand how you can claim he doesn't have any real close combat capabilities when he blatantly displays such abilities throughout the second fight. I'm not saying SG will dominate in Close Combat cause he won't. I'm saying that he does have options if Armored Darkness gets up close.

The gravity tornado was when SG lifted godzilla up and launched him into a building via gravity.
Oh okay. That clears it up.
Thanks for telling me what the Gravity Tornado was, but given the fact that it only really appeared one time on the film, I don't think he'll be using it too often here. But he will probably end up using it, yes.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote: I'm really not disputing what your saying. SG generally sucks at close combat. However, I don't understand how you can claim he doesn't have any real close combat capabilities when he blatantly displays such abilities throughout the second fight. I'm not saying SG will dominate in Close Combat cause he won't. I'm saying that he does have options if Armored Darkness gets up close.

Oh okay. That clears it up.
Thanks for telling me what the Gravity Tornado was, but given the fact that it only really appeared one time on the film, I don't think he'll be using it too often here. But he will probably end up using it, yes.
In all likelihood, the gravity tornado will only be used once since it was only used once on film. Same with the tail strike. However, it gives SG options if AD gets up close and personal.

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

^ Yes, but are those options going to bring AD down? That's the real thing...

I'm not so sure. I like SG a lot. I also have never heard of Armoured Darkness before... but due to my research, I have my doubts how SG's limited close combat is going to help enough to win more than lose.
TK's resident Taurean

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

It seems to me that the only thing that could bring armored darkness down was himself...being his own weapon.

Anyway, didnt SG only use his gravity tornadoes when Godzilla was downed? I don't think its something that's easy for him to call upon and use efficiently.
Resized Image