The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by NSZ »

Noble Saber wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:59 am Feathered Pyroraptor!!
Feathered & beaked Theri, too!
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:05 am
JAGzilla wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:00 amWe knew it was coming, but it would've been so much classier of them to make us wait and wonder before the big reveal in-film. That's so damn cheap and clumsy. "LOOK AT ALL THIS F*CKING NOSTALGIA YOU F*CKS! BUY TICKETS!"
Especially Alan Grant and Ellen. That just reeks of the continuous nostalgia trend we've been seeing in movies lately. :roll:

There's really no reason for these two to be in this film aside from that which was likely even the only reason they're in.
1. He's talking about the
Spoiler:
Dilopho

2. They're in for a reason.

That's all I'll say.

3. Ellie.

Edit: Oh, and Jag, agreed on the
Spoiler:
Dilopho
. Though I will say just confirmation she's back was enough to get me uner hyped
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

To me it looks like they're trying to round the dinosaurs up not kill them. People probably are out there trying to kill them while Claire and Owen are working to save them and move them to a new island or something.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Regardless of the premise. I'm stoked for this film. Too much of a sucker for anything with dinosaurs.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:02 am If they portray Therizinosaurus as some terrifying super-predator, I'm rioting.
Yeah, this is my only real problem with the trailer. Plus, the Theri's face looks kinda ugly.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I'm not even sure what to think The feathered dinosaur looked really cool, thinking it was some kind of raptor. As far as the trailer as a whole goes...there was a lot going on. Was that an I-Rex at the end?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Oh, and I wish they used a new sauropod like Diplodocus instead of the Apato. That way, the pattern of Brachi/new sauropod could continue.

Added in 23 seconds:
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:34 am I'm not even sure what to think The feathered dinosaur looked really cool, thinking it was some kind of raptor. As far as the trailer as a whole goes...there was a lot going on. Was that an I-Rex at the end?
I assume you're talking about the one in the ice biome? That would be Pyroraptor.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:34 am Oh, and I wish they used a new sauropod like Diplodocus instead of the Apato. That way, the pattern of Brachi/new sauropod could continue.

Added in 23 seconds:
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:34 am I'm not even sure what to think The feathered dinosaur looked really cool, thinking it was some kind of raptor. As far as the trailer as a whole goes...there was a lot going on. Was that an I-Rex at the end?
I assume you're talking about the one in the ice biome? That would be Pyroraptor.
Yes sir, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for providing the name as well!

Added in 1 minute 37 seconds:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:02 am If they portray Therizinosaurus as some terrifying super-predator, I'm rioting.
Lol I saw this as well. Kind of goofy, but I bet it will look good on film.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm really hoping the reason this is in all the ads is it's just a MASSIVE misdirect and the scene is gonna end comedically with it going back to eating plants.

At worst, it'd be neat to have an agressive herbivore again. That's hasn't been in the films since 1997.

Added in 34 seconds:
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:34 am Was that an I-Rex at the end?
That'd be the Giganotosaurus

RIP Evan.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

I love how people are gonna say this when we straight up SEE people handling the dinosaurs in the skreeonking movie. Owen is basically domesticating the Paras, the Apatosaurus is just rooming, Blue and the baby are intelligent enough to hide,
On top of that, I don't remember a single scene that even implied that escaped dinosaurs are an existential threat to humanity. Potential ecological disaster, yes. The next dominant species when humanity inevitably wipes itself out, yes. But not a threat to our existence.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

You know...I gotta wonder in the world of Jurassic Park, why has no one ever tried resurrecting other extinct animals like mammoths, saber-toothed cats, ground sloths, better yet more recent extinctions like the Tasmanian tiger, moa, or dodo?

If they can bring back skreeonking dinosaurs. Those should not be an issue.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:24 pm You know...I gotta wonder in the world of Jurassic Park, why has no one ever tried resurrecting other extinct animals like mammoths, saber-toothed cats, ground sloths, better yet more recent extinctions like the Tasmanian tiger, moa, or dodo?

I think they do that in the Camp Cretaceous show.

I think. I haven't seen it yet. This is just based off something I heard. Correct me if I'm wrong.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Spuro wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:32 pm
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:24 pm You know...I gotta wonder in the world of Jurassic Park, why has no one ever tried resurrecting other extinct animals like mammoths, saber-toothed cats, ground sloths, better yet more recent extinctions like the Tasmanian tiger, moa, or dodo?

I think they do that in the Camp Cretaceous show.

I think. I haven't seen it yet. This is just based off something I heard. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, there is a single Saber Toothed Cat. I haven't finished the show so I can't say more.
Trailer looks really good, and I'm very excited to see the movie! I'll be happy to see the Therizino as an aggressive herbivore. There is too much "herbivores are pacificsts" in JP/JW.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

When you do get down to it. All the "dinosaurs" we've seen in the Jurassic Park films. They're not dinosaurs at all but rather heavily modified frogs made to look just like them in appearance. They modeled them the way they are as people would expect them to look like given T-Rex having no feathers when the prologue in Dominion shows prior to the extinction of the dinosaurs that it did.

I know in the book rather than frogs, it's heavily modified crocodiles.

Why if we ever successfully resurrect a mammoth. It's not a true mammoth but rather a heavily modified modern-day elephant that looks like a mammoth.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:48 pm When you do get down to it. All the "dinosaurs" we've seen in the Jurassic Park films. They're not dinosaurs at all but rather heavily modified frogs made to look just like them in appearance.
No... that's not quite accurate...

They only used frog DNA to fill in the gaps in the DNA sequence of the dinosaur DNA they had already collected, which had degraded overtime and was incomplete. "Full of holes," as the movie put it.

They weren't frogs genetically modified to look like dinosaurs, that's just... wrong.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'm loving Mama Blue all ready.

Speaking of parents there was some guy on Reddit trying to prove the T rex infant from The Lost World was coming back to mate with Rexy because the franchise needs more Rexes.

Also is CC S4 worth watching?
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:32 pm I'm loving Mama Blue all ready.

Speaking of parents there was some guy on Reddit trying to prove the T rex infant from The Lost World was coming back to mate with Rexy because the franchise needs more Rexes.

Also is CC S4 worth watching?
It's definitely the lesser of the seasons (so far) but I wouldn't say it's bad, save for a groan-worthy romance subplot that came out of absolutely nowhere.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Spuro wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:54 pm
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:48 pm When you do get down to it. All the "dinosaurs" we've seen in the Jurassic Park films. They're not dinosaurs at all but rather heavily modified frogs made to look just like them in appearance.
No... that's not quite accurate...

They only used frog DNA to fill in the gaps in the DNA sequence of the dinosaur DNA they had already collected, which had degraded overtime and was incomplete. "Full of holes," as the movie put it.

They weren't frogs genetically modified to look like dinosaurs, that's just... wrong.
Furthermore, in the books, they weren't genetically modified crocodiles either. They just used denucleated croc oocytes, which is an entirely different concept.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

The Quetzalcoatlus attacking the plane gave me Rodan vibes in a good way

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

At this point, I’m expecting a disappointment.