The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Trailer for Season Four of JURASSIC WORLD:CAMP CRETACEOUS dropped today. And we might finally be getting to see
Spoiler:
the long hinted Manticore Corporation, and its workings finally unveiled.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

The One and Only wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:46 am Trailer for Season Four of JURASSIC WORLD:CAMP CRETACEOUS dropped today. And we might finally be getting to see
Spoiler:
the long hinted Manticore Corporation, and its workings finally unveiled.
Spoiler:
Oh cool, Spinosaurus and smilodon! Not siked about the robot stuff tho. That’s REALLY stupid
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Spoiler:
Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
Guess I was right lol
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Hell yeah. Was only....6% worried but great to know for sure

RIP Evan.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I've always preferred the green bull Rex from TLW, myself. That might be because the PS1 TLW game was such a formative childhood experience, though.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Reminder... Jurassic Park: The Complete Visual History is out now.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

The prologue was great. As much as I wish that it were more accurate to the real paleontology, honestly the out of place species are way less distracting than I expected. It was really nice to see the dinosaurs acting like animals, not like monsters. The Rex/Giga fight was also surprisingly subdued.
Really enjoyed the theater stuff, no qualms there. Glad that Rexy isn't just tearing into the people at the theater.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

That was very good indeed! I'll have to watch it, but first I've got to watch the previous film, as I missed it in the theaters.

I do hope, however, that this is the end of a second trilogy and also the end, period. The way I see it, two trilogies is more than enough before it starts getting boring to John Q. Public.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

mikelcho wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:57 am That was very good indeed! I'll have to watch it, but first I've got to watch the previous film, as I missed it in the theaters.

I do hope, however, that this is the end of a second trilogy and also the end, period. The way I see it, two trilogies is more than enough before it starts getting boring to John Q. Public.
John Q. Public has been hating on the series ever since the 2nd movie, unfortunately.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Who is John Q Public and why should I care what he thinks?

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Ok finally got around to Battle at Big Rock, in 10 minutes it combines the best of aspects of JW and JWFK.

Liked the Prologue too, dorks can keep complaining about the inaccuracies.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:08 pm Who is John Q Public and why should I care what he thinks?
John Q Public is a generic name for the ‘common man’. It is not one person. It’s the masses.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Nice to see Rexy can be around people just wondering around and not a nonstop eating machine. It now makes more sense how people were living with her for 3 years.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I really do like the prologue and battle at big rock, even though I will miss The hybrids made in the films, especially Indoraptor you rest in peace my dude But I like how this films.

By the way you don’t need to answer this question
Spoiler:
but what are your thoughts on The concept of hybrids being in jurassic Park. I think personally it’s good because it’s something new without over doing it
Like the human dinosaur hybrids and the fucking raptor saying Alan But that’s just me in particular
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

mikelcho wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:57 am That was very good indeed! I'll have to watch it, but first I've got to watch the previous film, as I missed it in the theaters.

Meh, I don't care what the masses think, I just want the best and only reliably good dinosaur franchise to continue for as long as possible. Two trilogies is hardly enough.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The prologue actually was pretty cool for what it was. The Oviraptor was kinda Jurassic Park accuracy summed up: they go to the trouble of including feathers, make it look semi-accurate, get up-to-date with the science... and then it's eating eggs...

It was nice to see Rexy behaving believably for a change. I get the impression that she'll be hunted and feared all movie, maybe used as a scapegoat or something by the villains, and then completely blindside the audience by coming out of nowhere to save the day in the end. No one will see it coming.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am get the impression that she'll be hunted and feared all movie, maybe used as a scapegoat or something by the villains, and then completely blindside the audience by coming out of nowhere to save the day in the end. No one will see it coming.
Rexy Conquers the World.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Spuro wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:12 pm
JAGzilla wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am get the impression that she'll be hunted and feared all movie, maybe used as a scapegoat or something by the villains, and then completely blindside the audience by coming out of nowhere to save the day in the end. No one will see it coming.
Rexy Conquers the World.
Tyrannosaurus Rex: The Guardian of the Universe

Rex (2014: Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Brian Cranston)
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.