The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Literally the only animals that were Maastrichtian here are the Tyrannosaur and Qutzelcoatlus.

Besides that, we got Barremian (Iguanodon), Campanian (Oviraptor and Nasutoceratops), Cenomanion (Moros and Giganotosaurus), and whatever the fuck is going on with Dreadnoughtus.

It's a mess but I can excuse it because a. It's clearly just a literal teaser reel for the newbies in Dominon and b. I think the sheer guts to just throw all these barely known dinosaurs to an audience.

Also, MAJOR update: a review has confirmed the Cretaceous rex is feathered.

A feathered T. rex, for all intents and purposes is finally in Jurassic Park.

What a time to be alive.

RIP Evan.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:34 pm Is…is everyone here a paleo buff?

Anyway, I'm not gonna lash out over the inaccuracies regarding the dinosaurs living in the wrong place and time... not yet. This is just a trailer, after all. We don't know for certain if this will be in the final movie, or if it's canon.

If it does turn out to be canon, then hey, feel free to shit on it all you want, fellow dino nerds. But let's wait and see first.
Last edited by Spuro on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I feel like this is a monkey's palm moment. We finally got feathered dinosaurs. But now, all Cretaceous dinosaurs lived at the same place and time.
Spoiler:
Also, Colin is kicking the hornet's nest by killing the Rex again. The fanbase is going to flip.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

TyrantGojira wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:31 pm
Spoiler:
Also, Colin is kicking the hornet's nest by killing the Rex again. The fanbase is going to flip.

I'll need some salt for my popcorn during the movie. :twisted:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

TyrantGojira wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:31 pm I feel like this is a monkey's palm moment. We finally got feathered dinosaurs. But now, all Cretaceous dinosaurs lived at the same place and time.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Unless this is referring to something other than the IMAX footage, I don't think the Rex that dies in that is the same one in modern times. I read it as the Rex in the past dying and the mosquito being the source of the Rex we know, i.e. the clone.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Spoiler:
It all sounds like a setup for Rexy to get a "rematch" anyway. Doubt anybody's going to be bothered by it when that comes around.
Do still hope that it's not an actual scene from the movie, though. Like it's just extra material that you can take or leave. I can tolerate all the weird inaccuracies in the modern day but the sheer amount of geographic and time fuckery there will be hard to look past.

SoggyNoodles2016

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:44 pm
TyrantGojira wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:31 pm I feel like this is a monkey's palm moment. We finally got feathered dinosaurs. But now, all Cretaceous dinosaurs lived at the same place and time.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Unless this is referring to something other than the IMAX footage, I don't think the Rex that dies in that is the same one in modern times. I read it as the Rex in the past dying and the mosquito being the source of the Rex we know, i.e. the clone.
Yeah, this exactly.
Spoiler:
If they get mad ONE random ass Rex who is canoniaclly dead for a whole era died, this fandom has finally become toxic.

RIP Evan.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I'm glad to find that yall have the same feelings I do. On one hand, I am very excited to have feathered dinosaurs in Jurassic Park
Spoiler:
Especially if they have the balls to have the Cretaceous T. rex not look like the modern T. rex
, but the fact that they are putting all of these dinosaurs from across 40 million years all over the world in the same scene together, that is REALLY bothering me.

If this is just a teaser, great. That will be lots of fun, and it will be a wonderful way to see many of the new dinosaurs in the film. But if this is in the actual movie? I'm going to be really frustrated. Those designs better be good.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Spoiler:
Deinonychus designs have been leaked. True identity of the Velociraptors has been put to bed, they are absolutely Achillobators, just as they were in the books.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

The fact that they decided to make the effort to put feathers on the dinos, but bring dinosaurs from different continents and times together is really funny

Added in 4 minutes 22 seconds:
Idgaf about the “present day” dinos being inaccurate, but a flashback shouldn’t be this egregious with the times and places being so wrong
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:48 pm The fact that they decided to make the effort to put feathers on the dinos, but bring dinosaurs from different continents and times together is really funny

Added in 4 minutes 22 seconds:
Idgaf about the “present day” dinos being inaccurate, but a flashback shouldn’t be this egregious with the times and places being so wrong
Yeah, idk, this feels like a really lazy way to hype the film/add new accurate dinosaurs without doing a lot. I'd much rather do what has been leaked with
Spoiler:
InGen's retro stock interacting with BioSyn's slightly more accurate stock
Like, this seems like a lot of errors made pretty lazily for one prologue

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

NSZ wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:11 pm
Spoiler:
Deinonychus designs have been leaked. True identity of the Velociraptors has been put to bed, they are absolutely Achillobators, just as they were in the books.
Spoiler:
No, they're just 6-foot, genetically-engineered Velociraptors.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:27 pmBut you should just to repeat yourself it's just a film, and we should really just relax.
Trying my best to stay away from spoilers but yeah, this. Six movies in and we're surprised/outraged JP has scientific inaccuracies?

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

tbeasley wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:48 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:27 pmBut you should just to repeat yourself it's just a film, and we should really just relax.
Trying my best to stay away from spoilers but yeah, this. Six movies in and we're surprised/outraged JP has scientific inaccuracies?
I'll put this in spoilers so you dont have to read it, but the less spoilery bit:
Spoiler:
Previously we had a way to excuse it. They were genetically engineered and didn't need to be accurate.
And for the more spoilery bit:
Spoiler:
Because this is supposed to actually be in the Cretaceous, the dinosaurs we see in this scene were actually where they are 65 Ma in the Jurassic Park timeline. 40 Ma of animals from all over the world jumbled together in a single scene is pretty darn lazy. I mean, at least all the dinosaurs are from the Cretaceous, but still, 40 Ma is pretty serious.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:13 pm Yeah I'm for sure now this movies gonna end with
Spoiler:
A rematch between Rexy and the Bisoyn Giga
This was pretty much a given the moment Giga was confirmed.

The real question is if Colin
Spoiler:
really is going to risk killing off the T-Rex and if so we will see be victorious in the battle and die or her wounds or actually lose to Giga.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

XxComablack1937xX wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:46 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:13 pm Yeah I'm for sure now this movies gonna end with
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
really is going to risk killing off the T-Rex and if so we will see be victorious in the battle and die or her wounds or actually lose to Giga.
Spoiler:
Rexy honestly should lose to a Young Giga at this point. It's like asking a old man to fight a younger bigger guy at this point.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:00 pm
Spoiler:
Rexy honestly should lose to a Young Giga at this point. It's like asking a old man to fight a younger bigger guy at this point.
Spoiler:
This will come down to age an experience vs youth an speed. I think it will be a brutal fight, with either Rexy losing but damaging Giga enough to be taken out or barely defeating Giga but collapse and die from wounds after. I just hope it is done in a respectful way if they decide to go that route, it is the original Rex after all.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

XxComablack1937xX wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:46 pm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
It'd be super dumb to have her lose. Does Colin wanna be lynched by the awesomebros or something?
Also, there's a JW:D spoiler thread. I hate to be a mod-wannabe but it might help to post there and not flood the thread with tags.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Off topic from Dominion, but I’m wondering what the reception to Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom are for the Jurassic Park fandom, seeing as I’ve been comprletely estranged from it until about ~2 weeks ago

For me, I loved Jurassic World and liked Fallen Kingdom. JW’s whole final fight made it my 2nd favorite JP movie, and while Fallen Kingdom seems to just be a bridge between JW and Dominion, iI thought it was pretty entertaining.

Oh, and the Indominous Rex (is that how you spell it?) is badass! Love it’d design and personality. The Indoraptor is cool too, but IMO the I-Rex is lightning in a bottle
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

SoggyNoodles2016

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:09 pm Off topic from Dominion, but I’m wondering what the reception to Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom are for the Jurassic Park fandom, seeing as I’ve been comprletely estranged from it until about ~2 weeks ago
Jurassic World is mostly liked to various degrees while Fallen Kingdom is.....trying to get people to agree on that is like trying to get Star Wars fans to agree on the Sequels :lol:

RIP Evan.