The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:42 am I thought it was confirmed the movie wouldn't have any hybrids?
It doesn't.

And idk, despite that infamous quote, I don't really see anything "chaotic" about the Giga

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:42 am I thought it was confirmed the movie wouldn't have any hybrids?
No dinosaur hybrids...
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

That’s kind of a spoiler
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Spoiler:
After watching the second trailer, my theory is that Owen is going to die saving baby blue and part of Ian and Allan Grants character arcs is them bringing baby blue back to Momma blue at the end, blue mourns Owen's death while Allan and Ian learn to realize not all raptors/dinosaurs are evil abominations.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

darthzilla99 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:47 pm
Spoiler:
After watching the second trailer, my theory is that Owen is going to die saving baby blue and part of Ian and Allan Grants character arcs is them bringing baby blue back to Momma blue at the end, blue mourns Owen's death while Allan and Ian learn to realize not all raptors/dinosaurs are evil abominations.
Spoiler:
They'll kill the old cast before they kill Owen.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Dominion viral marketing campaign has begun in earnest.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

We're now just one month away until Jurassic World: Dominion!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:59 am https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range ... -dominion/

Looking great so far!
I mean well yeah. It's Jurassic Park, look at the previous two films. What would make this one any different?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:26 am
gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:59 am https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range ... -dominion/

Looking great so far!
I mean well yeah. It's Jurassic Park, look at the previous two films. What would make this one any different?
Idk, I saw people around the internet claiming this is the one that will flop. Not sure why they didn’t learn after they said that for the first two

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:09 am
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:26 am

Looking great so far!
Idk, I saw people around the internet claiming this is the one that will flop. Not sure why they didn’t learn after they said that for the first two
Haters going to hate. But I do remember some negative reviews for the for st part of this trilogy. One of which on DRUDGE REPORT saying the flick would tank so hard, that it would takw the studio down with it.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm seven episodes into S4 of Camp Cretaceous. Each one manages to be dumber than the last. It's impressive, in its way.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Currently on a Jurassic Park Marathron getting ready for Dominion.

Finished watching the first film and second just this week. Gonna watch 3 and Jurassic World this week before catching up with Fallen Kingdom the week after. From there, I'll begin watching Camp Cretaceous.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Apparently JWD is screening in Mexico right now

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Came back from the movie and my frank opinion is that it ranks as one of the worst in the entire series.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:05 am Came back from the movie and my frank opinion is that it ranks as one of the worst in the entire series.
Well damn. Care to elaborate? I felt burned by the last Jurassic World but was kinda on the fence about this one.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I just wanna know what if any major cameos there are from the previous films. Its something I need to know before going into the film.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:05 am Came back from the movie and my frank opinion is that it ranks as one of the worst in the entire series.
Alright, my curiosity has peaked. What's the problems that this film has?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Let me guess. Both humans and dinosaurs eventually learns to co-exist at the end? :lol:

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:28 am
Well damn. Care to elaborate? I felt burned by the last Jurassic World but was kinda on the fence about this one.
Alright, so spoilers:
Spoiler:
While the previous films revolved around dinosaurs, this one revolves around stopping a bio-engineered killer locust swarm which has dino DNA spliced into them. The problem is that the movie is so foucused on the locusts that the dinos have the most diminished roles out of all the six movies. A bunch of new dino species are introduced, but they are mostly wasted in the background and the ones that do play a role have zero influence on the main plot (except for the Dilophosaurus that eats Dodgson, the human baddie of the movie)

The final battle was the biggest crap I had seen in the entire series, it's way worse than the much-criticized JP3 Spino vs T-Rex battle. It shares its flaws with KOTM, which is that the camera cuts away to the human cast too often, so you can only barely tell what's going on with the dinos fighting in the background. But it's actually worse because the whole sequence is disappointingly short, there are no memorable shots and the big bad dino(Giganotosaurus) gets killed off abruptly.

Therizinosaurus basically appears out of nowhere and just helps the Rex, no explanation as to why he's only attacking the Giga and not the Rex. After the battle they actually strike a pose together like they're buddies or something, which I thought was pretty weird because they had zero interaction before that final sequence.

Speaking of the Giga, his presence in the whole film is disappointingly short, like he was added in at the last minute. He doesn't even get a single kill.

The plot isn't very convincing as well. For example, the movie ends with dinosaurs peacefully co-existing with humanity which had me going WTF? They spend two hours showing how hyper-aggressive these dinos are, and suddenly it's okay to live alongside them? Every single carnivore is depicted as a freaking killing machine that's out to kill every single person it sees, and one of the Pterosaurs actually tear down a plane. Even Blue the Raptor, who's one of the 'friendlier' carnivores, attacks everything on sight that isn't Chris Pratt. There's going to be hundreds of casualties every day.

Henry Wu gets off easy with only a broken arm, which to me also didn't make any sense. He's suddenly the good guy, despite being the same person who's responsible for hundreds of deaths in the previous films.

There are some good parts, like the Malta chase scene with the Atrociraptors which was pretty fun. And there are some nice tributes to the OG trilogy, but none of them are too memorable. It was good to see the OG trio again, but beyond that, the movie is pretty boring. Nothing original, just a rehash of the themes/scenes that were in the previous five movies. The whole movie feels more like a spinoff with a plot that leads nowhere rather than a grand finale to the series.
Added in 4 minutes 4 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:05 am I just wanna know what if any major cameos there are from the previous films. Its something I need to know before going into the film.
None, except for the OG trio (Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler and Ian Malcolm). The rest are all characters that appeared in the previous JW movies or newly introduced in this movie.
Last edited by Vandarker on Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.