Jurassic World Dominion SPOILER Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: Jurassic World Dominion SPOILER Thread

Post by gottatalktothefake »

So you think universal is gonna throw away not one, but two of its most popular dinosaurs in order to completely gamble on a new animal?

You really think that a big company would ever take a risk that big?

I know a lot of you are hipsters, really want a huge change, but be realistic. It’d be like the MonsterVerse throwing out Godzilla and kong completely to focus on gorgo or something.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

That's not even the same thing fake. It's that the old Dino roster is getting stale, time to focus on newer ones. Jurassic Park 3 had the right idea, they just went about executing it wrong. Godzilla in the Monsterverse is a different entity. It's his universe. Jurassic Park is not the T. rex or Velociraptor's universe.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Kaijucifer wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:40 am That's not even the same thing fake. It's that the old Dino roster is getting stale, time to focus on newer ones. Jurassic Park 3 had the right idea, they just went about executing it wrong. Godzilla in the Monsterverse is a different entity. It's his universe. Jurassic Park is not the T. rex or Velociraptor's universe.
Ok, so you have two creatures that sell a fuckton of merch each, are the number 1 and number 2 most popular species in the franchise, and have a huge amount of nostalgia attached and are loved by the GA (who give universal money).

Universal isn’t just going to get rid of them because of a niche opinion some people on forums have. I’d get it if it were the popular opinion and sales for them were in decline. But they’re not. Universal has zero reason to get rid of them. Unless they actually think a few hundred people on various forums are such a huge risk to lose.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Kaijucifer wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:40 am That's not even the same thing fake. It's that the old Dino roster is getting stale, time to focus on newer ones. Jurassic Park 3 had the right idea, they just went about executing it wrong. Godzilla in the Monsterverse is a different entity. It's his universe. Jurassic Park is not the T. rex or Velociraptor's universe.
They can make the films focus on other Dino's as the main villains or part of the story but the T-Rex and Raptor are not going anywhere. The T-Rex field is the most studied in paleontology, its the first Dinosaur kids grow up seeing an learning that its the ''Greatest land Predator'' and also the one that kids bond with there parents about because odds are there parents are also fans of the T-Rex.

Now I agree, other Dinosaur's do deserve there time to shine and get a little more variety in the series but the T-Rex is Iconic and a bigger selling point both in the movies and merch. This also applies for Raptors but I do disagree about them getting ''Stale'' Blue happens to be my favorite Raptor since The Big One in JP.... An seeing the T-Rex in any scene always brings a smile to my face...

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Honestly, I never got "the rex and the raptor are getting replaced!" From any of this, I got "huh, we kind of fucked ourselves over by making only one rex and raptor left on the entire planet. Quick, let's make something close so we don't have to keep finding ways for the T rex or Blue to coincidencetally show up. Maybe if this continues, we can keep doing that?"
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Apparently there's some images from the JW Dominion opening preview online. One image shows Giganotosaurus and T. Rex facing off and another with some Ankylosaurs
Long Live The King

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Snippets of the preview attached to F9 are slowly trickling out and I must say, I like what I'm seeing.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

The leaked footage has restored my faith. I like that they brought back the 93 T. rex design, that'll at least stave off my dislike for the T. rex being used for a little while. The Giganotosaurus' Sound design is awesome. Im liking this.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:49 am Snippets of the preview attached to F9 are slowly trickling out and I must say, I like what I'm seeing.
Sucks it's only for the IMAX release of F9, but I like what I'm seeing, too from the leaked images. Can't wait to see the Giganotosaurus in action.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The Giga's first shot in the imax leak to me looked like it could haven been the pre evolution of MV Godzilla.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Find it interesting that the Giga has an Acro sail/hump.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Probably poking a hornets nest by saying this, but I'm not really a fan of that T.Rex vs. Giga fight....

It could've easily been a Rex vs. Rex fight since we've got physical evidence of that happening. They also could've gone with the classic battle with a Triceratops or an Ankylosaurus and the Rex succumbing to its injuries in defeat. I just feel like there were much better options...

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

lol the big excuse for the preview is “stop nitpicking!” As is pointing out how none of the scene makes any sense at all is a nitpick

Also the giga fight needed to be longer, I’m fine with the T. rex losing a fight, but not in less than 20 seconds

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

I haven't watched any of the leaked footage, but from the 15 second preview they just released the Quetzalcoatlus and Iguanadon. I was hopeful they were using a different Ankylosaurus design, but it seems that they have kept the design from Jurassic World.

I still don't love the time/world mishmash going on, you could do this same scene and be accurate in at least three other ways, but oh well. It'll be a new era of kids debating "Spino vs. T. rex".
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

At the least, they could pull an Atrociraptor and call the Oviraptor Anzu. Then, all the dinosars would be from the Americas for some sort of consistency.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus amd Giganotosaurus officially the big three of Jurassic World. Carcharodontosaurus be like.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://youtu.be/q87lBeZM_KA

New link.

The Giga is jumping up on my favorites list really quick.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I dunno why people are fussing so much about the Giga's design. My only problem with it is that the same model is used in the Cretaceous scene.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:03 pm I dunno why people are fussing so much about the Giga's design. My only problem with it is that the same model is used in the Cretaceous scene.
Same reason I dislike a large portion of the JW designs: it's a fine dinosaur design, even if it's inaccurate, but it straight up does not look like it belongs in the same shot as the Winston designs.

Seriously, it looks like someone got ambitious and made a fan animation of a Primeval dinosaur fighting Rexy, and I LIKE this design the most of all the JW theropods.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:25 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:03 pm I dunno why people are fussing so much about the Giga's design. My only problem with it is that the same model is used in the Cretaceous scene.
Same reason I dislike a large portion of the JW designs: it's a fine dinosaur design, even if it's inaccurate, but it straight up does not look like it belongs in the same shot as the Winston designs.

Seriously, it looks like someone got ambitious and made a fan animation of a Primeval dinosaur fighting Rexy, and I LIKE this design the most of all the JW theropods.
The Giga looks like it could turn into the MV Godzilla to me with enough radiation.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image