Giant Monster Movies in Development

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
H-Man
G-Grasper

Re: Giant Monster Movies in Development

Post by H-Man »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:07 am I will be honest: A*P*E vs. Giant Gila Monster Ape Vs. Monster does look to be a bit more polished-looking at least for an Asylum film.
I fell for that with Atlantic Rim.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Well, the trailer's been released to the public now.
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah the monsters will wander around for most the film then meet in the last 90 seconds and have their "fight".
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Ed Glaser
Yojimbo

Post by Ed Glaser »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 pm Yeah the monsters will wander around off camera for most the film then meet in the last 90 seconds and have their "fight".
Fixed.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Ed Glaser wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:50 am
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 pm Yeah the monsters will wander around off camera for most the film then meet in the last 90 seconds and have their "fight".
Fixed.
You know Asylum is bad when even films like A*P*E show their monster in the film more then they do.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Ape vs. Monster has a given date, now.
http://newsite.theasylum.cc/index.php/t ... dcbcd33718

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

War of the Monsters is now Monsters of War.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Latest Asylum movies we got:
- MegaBoa (http://newsite.theasylum.cc/index.php/t ... dcbcd33718)
Premise: "On a trip to Colombia, a group of college students head up into the mountains to look for cave drawings. But a once thought to be extinct fifty-foot boa constrictor is out lurking in brush, hungry for blood."

- Planet Dune (http://newsite.theasylum.cc/index.php/t ... dcbcd33718)
Premise: "A crew on a mission to rescue a marooned base on a desert planet turns deadly when the crew finds themselves hunted and attacked by the planet’s apex predators: giant sandworms."
Take a guess which movie this is a mockbuster of.

Bram Stoker's Dracula (http://newsite.theasylum.cc/index.php/t ... dcbcd33718)
Premise: "Professor Van Helsing is tasked with finding and killing Dracula after the undead nightwalker turns a former student’s love interest into a vampire."

The Bermuda Triangle (http://newsite.theasylum.cc/index.php/t ... dcbcd33718)
Premise: "When a group of marine biologists crash land in the Bermuda Triangle, they realize they have stumbled into the lost city of Atlantis. But they quickly discover the city isn't friendly, and its humanoid inhabitants are planning worldwide domination using the piles of weapons and technology that have fallen through the Triangle over the centuries."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The romantic kaiju comedy Cleaning Up After Giant Monsters (previously known as In the Wake of Giant Monsters) is finally getting a release date and our first poster. The film follows two young workers that find love while on the job cleaning up a giant monster carcass.

Really looking forward to this its right up my alley. In fact I'd love to see more slice of life films set in a world where giant monsters are simply a part of everyday life.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:14 pm The romantic kaiju comedy Cleaning Up After Giant Monsters (previously known as In the Wake of Giant Monsters) is finally getting a release date and our first poster. The film follows two young workers that find love while on the job cleaning up a giant monster carcass.

Really looking forward to this its right up my alley. In fact I'd love to see more slice of life films set in a world where giant monsters are simply a part of everyday life.
This one looks cool. Of course we have no clue if it'll be any good or not, but the premise is unique and interesting, so it's the sort of thing I hope to see more of in the genre. Variety only strengthens things.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Wow, I thought the Corona Kaiju movie would take much longer.

RIP Evan.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Looks silly and fun - depending on the trailer I'd probably give it a watch.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Okay, I need to update this thread. Give me two or three working days to get on it.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Monsters of War (2021)

Dragon Fury (2021)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Uh the horror.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Minoru Kawasaki is working on a new giant robo film: Super Legend God Hizoka.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

That robot looks really nice, especially with those curved SEA-looking markings.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:14 am Uh the horror.
And I saw...

Monsters of War (2021) - The original title for this was War of the Monsters, but I wonder if they changed it so that it would sound similar to Monsters at Work. I dunno. What I do know is that this film plays like a bargain basement version of The Mist, in which we focus on a group of people get stuck in a hostel after a bunch of dinosaurs, insect monsters, and dragons emerge from a cave in order to set up a prehistoric ecosystem in the English countryside. This film has some of the worst acting imaginable, especially from the little girl. The CGI monsters are pretty decent (better than Ape vs. Monster at least). This was made by ITN Distribution and Jagged Edge Productions, who look like they are aiming to become The Asylum's main competitor. Picture that on the Tree of Woe.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

H-Man wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:09 pm Minoru Kawasaki is working on a new giant robo film: Super Legend God Hizoka.

The image seems expired - anyone got a link? This interests me, really enjoyed the last giant robo film I saw (Bravestorm).