Primal (2019)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: Primal (2019)

Post by gottatalktothefake »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:08 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:24 pmWhen this series ends this season like it's rumored to be I'm going to cry like a baby as long as they don't screw it up. I just hope they both make it through to the end.
No season 3?

Aw man, so much more worldbuilding they could do. Not just prehistoric beasties but also mythical creatures or even cryptids they could add.
Genndy said he wants to turn primal into an anthology series. So I think this season might be the last we see of Spear and Fang. So even if they don’t die I’ll be crying
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I actually like the idea of it being an Anthology series a LOT. You never want to draw a story out too long. With Samurai Jack, the final season was great...but throughout the first 4 seasons there is almost a season's worth of "off episodes" that felt like the closest thing to 'filler nonsense just to explore a concept that wasn't nearly as compelling as other episodes'....Naked Jack in Wonderland, Aku's Tales, Chicken Jack, Jack and the Baby...as charming and fun as they were, I think very few name them among the elite episodes.

The story of Spear and Fang coming to a conclusion opens up the stakes, ANYTHING could happen. Then regardless of how you feel, the next arc or season could be a clean slate and stand alone as its own variety of awesome (or awful) without impacting the first 2 seasons.

The first 2 episodes have been brilliant, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this season continues to satisfy. Tartakovsky said he may end up having some people yelling at him over it, so we'll see.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Spoiler:
some new episode synopses just dropped, up to episode 7. Everyone makes it to that episode at the very least
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:22 pm Genndy said he wants to turn primal into an anthology series. So I think this season might be the last we see of Spear and Fang. So even if they don’t die I’ll be crying
So it ain't the end?

Nice!

Though I'll miss Spear and Fang. Honestly I was also expecting it was going to be kind of like Ice Age where it it starts off with a few characters before growing into a group as seen with Mira.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Really wasn't expecting Season 2 to really hit me in the feelings like that so early on.... Poor Fang... Part of me wonders if she'll harbor some resentment towards Spear later on? All in all, it was a good start to the season and I'm eager to see episode 3!

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Loved Episode 1 and especially Episode 2 of Season 2 thus far... Really felt for Fang at the end of episode 2, I can't wait for Episode 3!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Spoiler:
so fang has depression now. I guess I can relate to her even more now

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Would anyone be opposed to seeing mythical animals in this show one day? Season two has got us to know more advanced and civilized humans than Spear, so it can't be THAT far off.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

First 3 eps have been gold. I love the way this is evolving.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Episode 4 leaked

Holy fucking shit guys

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:27 am Episode 4 leaked

Holy skreeonking poop guys
Where do you stream these episodes? For some reason they will no longer play for me on adult swim and I am unable to find them anywhere else.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 am

Where do you stream these episodes? For some reason they will no longer play for me on adult swim and I am unable to find them anywhere else.
It’ll be on HBOmax tomorrow. But in order to watch them early? Yo ho ho

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Care to tell us anything more?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:28 am

Care to tell us anything more?
Spoiler:
The fight against the Vikings spirals out of control, more and more villagers join the fight to the point where they’re arming children with spears. The fight is probably the most visceral we’ve had so far. Eventually they push the two to the breaking point, spear and fang go ballistic and the villagers are all killed and spear and fang leave.

The episode ends with the chief and his daughter returning to find the villagers completely massacred, all of them dead. They have a Viking funeral before suiting up to search for the duo. (Which will be the conflict in episode 6 according to the synopses that have been released)

They were slavers so fuck them, but holy shit

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Wow episode 5 sucked ass

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:56 am Wow episode 5 sucked ass
Tell me why? I’m guessing it’s because they brought English in and answered a bunch of questions that didn’t need to be.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

The implication is interesting
Spoiler:
being that the show might take place in the future somehow

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:51 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:56 am Wow episode 5 sucked ass
Tell me why? I’m guessing it’s because they brought English in and answered a bunch of questions that didn’t need to be.
I can’t explain any part of it without being a spoiler
Spoiler:
Quite the opposite, they answered zero questions. It takes place in 1890’s England and follows a bunch of aristocrats being hunted by an escaped murderous cannibal.

No connection to the rest of the show, no “origin of man” nothing. But yes, they speak English and speak CONSTANTLY
Added in 35 seconds:
Godzillakuj94 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:03 pm The implication is interesting
Spoiler:
being that the show might take place in the future somehow
I think people who say this are looking for connections where there aren’t any

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Maybe that toothy guy seen punching that gentlemen scientist guy in the trailer is Viddar.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:48 pm ^Maybe that toothy guy seen punching that gentlemen scientist guy in the trailer is Viddar.
You know who Vidarr is, right? He’s the Norse god of revenge. It’s meant to be a reference to the Vikings revenge attempt.