5 Faces of Hell (anthology horror movie)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 5 Faces of Hell (anthology horror movie)

Post by eabaker »

mikelcho wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:34 pm Hey guys, what's the scoop on this film?
We're currently preparing individual segments for festivals submission. "Charlotte on the Rebound" recently received its first festival acceptance, and we are currently looking at festivals for "Conversations with Emily."

The last new material we shared with anyone was an extended "special friends and family trailer," which I'll post here:

Last edited by eabaker on Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

How are the festival showings going and are the segments doing well at them?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Not having great luck on the festival circuit so far, I'm afraid.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

eabaker wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:44 pm Not having great luck on the festival circuit so far, I'm afraid.
Oh, that's too bad. I hope this won't affect the film's release on home video.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Hey, any new news on this film's possible future release? Still waiting to get it!

Speaking of anthology films, I now have a DVD copy of the granddaddy of them all, Dead of Night (1945) - and the unedited U.K. version at that, at 104 minutes. I watched it last month and it was excellent!
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

mikelcho wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:12 pm Hey, any new news on this film's possible future release? Still waiting to get it!

Speaking of anthology films, I now have a DVD copy of the granddaddy of them all, Dead of Night (1945) - and the unedited U.K. version at that, at 104 minutes. I watched it last month and it was excellent!
Well, with one of our segments, Charlotte on the Rebound, starting to get into festivals, we feel like we have a chance to increase the visibility of the project a little before putting it out. We have a few segments that we haven't even started submitting yet, though.

The last time I remember checking, Dead of Night was unavailalbe on DVD or blu-ray. Thanks for letting me know you'd picked it up; I just found it on Amazon! Exciting!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

eabaker wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:50 pm
mikelcho wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:12 pm Hey, any new news on this film's possible future release? Still waiting to get it!

Well, with one of our segments, Charlotte on the Rebound, starting to get into festivals, we feel like we have a chance to increase the visibility of the project a little before putting it out. We have a few segments that we haven't even started submitting yet, though.

The last time I remember checking, Dead of Night was unavailable on DVD or Blu-ray. Thanks for letting me know you'd picked it up; I just found it on Amazon! Exciting!
I found mine in a catalog called Movies Unlimited and bought it for a good price there. I think it was either $14.99 or $15.99 before shipping and tax.

Is the one on Amazon 104 minutes? If not, it's not the unedited version. Also, my DVD copy didn't have a company logo on the cover sleeve and I think it may have been a DVD-R.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 am

The last time I remember checking, Dead of Night was unavailable on DVD or Blu-ray. Thanks for letting me know you'd picked it up; I just found it on Amazon! Exciting!
I found mine in a catalog called Movies Unlimited and bought it for a good price there. I think it was either $14.99 or $15.99 before shipping and tax.

Is the one on Amazon 104 minutes? If not, it's not the unedited version. Also, my DVD copy didn't have a company logo on the cover sleeve and I think it may have been a DVD-R.
Yup, that's the runtime on Amazon!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:36 am
mikelcho wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 am

Yup, that's the runtime on Amazon!
Oh, good!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Hey, eabaker, what's the progress on the film? Anything new to report? It's been a long time.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

mikelcho wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 pm Hey, eabaker, what's the progress on the film? Anything new to report? It's been a long time.
The "Charlotte on the Rebound" segment has gotten into half a dozen festivals now (and was an award winner at one of them), and we're submitting currently "Conversations with Emily" and prepping "Don't Demonize Daniel" for submission. I'm hoping Daniel will do well; it's one of the stronger segments, and it has a decent amount of gore in it, which horror festivals tend to like.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon this thread before, but eabaker, I sincerely wish you the best of luck, this sounds awesome! Please let me know when I can pick up a copy, I'd love to watch and support you're work!
He Jock it Made of Steel

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:30 pm I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon this thread before, but eabaker, I sincerely wish you the best of luck, this sounds awesome! Please let me know when I can pick up a copy, I'd love to watch and support you're work!
Thank you!

Believe me, when we have a finished version, I will be very eager to share it! :D

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Hey, eabaker, any further progress?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

mikelcho wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:57 pm Hey, eabaker, any further progress?
No, but I was just feeling bad about that fact a few minutes ago! :lol:

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Yep, it's me again. How goes the film?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

mikelcho wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:23 am Yep, it's me again. How goes the film?
We recently had a bunch of final visual effects shots delivered for both "Rappaccini's Formula" and "Lisa the Vampire"!
Last edited by eabaker on Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.