The Cloverfield Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Cloverfield Thread

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

miguelnuva wrote:The baby was screaming in pain everytime the military hit him. We also know that in Paradox there is resistance against Clover where as Godzilla Earth forces Humans off Earth.
And?

As I said the bigger you become the more durable you are.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:The baby was screaming in pain everytime the military hit him. We also know that in Paradox there is resistance against Clover where as Godzilla Earth forces Humans off Earth.
And?

As I said the bigger you become the more durable you are.
All I was saying is as a Baby Clover was hurt by the military, as a Baby GEarth tanked 150 nukes.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:All I was saying is as a Baby Clover was hurt by the military, as a Baby GEarth tanked 150 nukes.
That's true.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Not really sure we can say he was "Definitely Hurt" by the Military. All Giant Monsters Scream and roar when being attacked by the Military

Just look at the later 60s and 70s Godzilla films. Godzilla is often Roar spamming for almost no reason

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It's pointless to try and get answers out of any of these movies as JJ continuously contradicts himself with each one's release.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:All I was saying is as a Baby Clover was hurt by the military, as a Baby GEarth tanked 150 nukes.
That's true.
Godzilla Earth (young form) also tanked 2000 nukes......... I doubt Big Clover could chew through a nigh impenetrable energy shield.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
That's true.
Godzilla Earth (young form) also tanked 2000 nukes......... I doubt Big Clover could chew through a nigh impenetrable energy shield.
Y'know at some point size matters and if the Big Clover is anywhere near as big as the ending suggests. It doesn't need to break Godzilla's shield. It just needs to step on him. I'm pretty sure the sheer weight from a monster that dwarfs a city simply by existing is more than enough to over power his "shield". And I'm always one to look for a way Godzilla could beat him. But GEarth doesn't seem to have anything up his sleeve capable of handling a monster of such magnitude. The only incarnation that could probably do damage in Shin Godzilla and only because lasers literally come out of every part of his body.
The One and Only wrote:Some interesting fan artwork takes us below the clouds in THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX.
And we should honestly just start a fantasy match thread.
Last edited by ernesth100 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ernesth100 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: That's true.
Y'know at some point size matters and if the Big Clover is anywhere near as big as the ending suggests. It doesn't need to break Godzilla's shield. It just needs to step on him. I'm pretty sure the sheer weight from a monster that dwarfs a city simply by existing is more than enough to over power his "shield". And I'm always one to look for a way Godzilla could beat him. But GEarth doesn't seem to have anything up his sleeve capable of handling a monster of such magnitude. The only incarnation that could probably do damage in Shin Godzilla and only because lasers literally come out of every part of his body.
The One and Only wrote:Some interesting fan artwork takes us below the clouds in THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX.
And we should honestly just start a fantasy match thread.
I don't want to clog the thread anymore by Godzilla Earth is far more powerful than shin. The two attacks we saw could likely cut down Clover before the height would come into play.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

ernesth100 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: That's true.
That energy shield is going to protect him no matter what.... plus literally instant regeneration. And that was all when he was 50 meters, Big Clover is definitely bigger than 300 meters but we don't even know all the feats of Godzilla Earth.

But like UltramanGoji said, this is practically pointless considering everything gets contradicted in the "Cloververse" so I'll just stop.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Spoiler:
Even in any case when is the next film arriving?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ernesth100 wrote:
Spoiler:
Even in any case when is the next film arriving?
Overlord in October.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I predict they'll call it The Cloverfield Overload because at this point. All Cloverfield installments has had the name Cloverfield in it if you notice the pattern.

1. Cloverfield (2008)
2. 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
3. The Cloverfield Paradox (2018)

It's really only logical and so assuming A Quiet Place is tied to Cloverfield I'd imagine it being renamed A Quiet Place in Cloverfield.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

So, Overlord has been confirmed to NOT be a Cloverfield film.

In fact, Paradox seems to have shit the bed so badly, they may be retconning the franchise as it is and are going back to the original plan, as JJ revealed at CinemaCon that they are developing a true, proper sequel to the first film.

Interesting times.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

NSZ wrote:So, Overlord has been confirmed to NOT be a Cloverfield film.

In fact, Paradox seems to have poop the bed so badly, they may be retconning the franchise as it is and are going back to the original plan, as JJ revealed at CinemaCon that they are developing a true, proper sequel to the first film.

Interesting times.
YES A TRUE SEQUEL. Now this will be interesting

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

NSZ wrote:So, Overlord has been confirmed to NOT be a Cloverfield film.

In fact, Paradox seems to have shit the bed so badly, they may be retconning the franchise as it is and are going back to the original plan, as JJ revealed at CinemaCon that they are developing a true, proper sequel to the first film.

Interesting times.
Yeah, sure thing JJ. After the last fiasco, I'm not willing to believe you just yet.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Somehow I don't buy automatically that this would be a real sequel to the original versus a sequel within the context of the multiverse.

I liked what they were doing with this series, but ultimately I would be happy with a sequel to the 2008 movie also.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

This franchise is a mess.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:This franchise is a mess.
How so?
why did i have to be the chosen one?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KillCrites wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:This franchise is a mess.
How so?
Pretty much zero direct connections to other movies outside of meaningless ARG nonsense + poaching other films dumped by studios and altering them to forcibly try to make connections that were never originally there.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.