The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

There's 13 so pick 6

Alien (1979)
19%
Aliens (1986)
14%
Predator (1987)
16%
Predator 2 (1990)
10%
Alien³ (1992)
4%
Alien Resurrection (1997)
4%
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
8%
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
2%
Predators (2010)
4%
Prometheus (2012)
4%
Alien Covenant (2017)
3%
The Predator (2018)
No votes
Prey (2022)
14%

Total votes: 114

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:17 am Ya know lately I've been trying to formulate a Predatory story set in a zombie post apocalyptic setting. Two of my favorite post apoc zombie stories are The Walking Dead and Days Gone. Does anyone think that would be a cool idea?
Predator, as a character, works in almost any scenario imaginable. You can drop a Predator into any time in history and it'd be great if done right. Same goes for dropping one in more outlandish scenarios like a zombie apocalypse. You could even drop a Predator into the days of Dracula and Frankenstein and it'd work without much issue. Hell, I don't think there's any fictional, non-human character that can work in virtually any crossover idea either as much as Predator does.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:17 am Ya know lately I've been trying to formulate a Predatory story set in a zombie post apocalyptic setting. Two of my favorite post apoc zombie stories are The Walking Dead and Days Gone. Does anyone think that would be a cool idea?
Isn’t really my cup of tea but You go do whatever you want

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So my story would basically follow this plotline, a lone Predator makes his way to Earth some several years after the initial zombie/mutant outbreak. He encounters several survivor outposts and observes them, and seems them prey. During one encounter, the Predator is about the make the final kill on the protagonist, when he is jumped by zombies, and is bitten. The protagonists sees this, later on during another round with the Predator, the protag realizes the Predator didn't get infected. Concluding that the Predator is immune. So then the protag and members of his group try and hunt the Predator to get it's blood.

Or something like that. :lol:
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I'm not sure if I've said this before, but would A Quiet Place director John Krasinski be good for a theoretical Alien film?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

You know what I wish we got to see?

A PredAlien designed by H.R. Giger. All PredAliens we have are garbage, but one designed by Mr. Giger? I would've loved me some of that.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:06 pm A PredAlien designed by H.R. Giger. All PredAliens we have are garbage, but one designed by Mr. Giger? I would've loved me some of that.
IDK i tought the one from Requiem looked pretty cool.. when you could actually see it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Spoiler:
Looks like complete and utter fucking garbage. Only great sequel is Predator 2. Won't be wasting my time with this.
Resized Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

All this waiting for a pathetic 45 seconds...

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:25 am
Spoiler:
Looks like complete and utter skreeonking garbage. Only great sequel is Predator 2. Won't be wasting my time with this.
Spoiler:
Last I recall there was only one sequel to the Predator which was that film you mentioned. Nothing else afterward. ;)

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

This looks terrific. This is what the Predator sequels always should've been. The first movie had a Predator fighting '80s movie commandos. The second hardboiled cops in the city.

American Indians, pirates, vikings, samurai, knights, cowboys, etc. etc.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Oh no another one?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Spuro wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:27 am Oh no another one?
Unfortunately yes.

I wish they'd just let this franchise die. The only good Predator films were the first and second.

The only worthwhile stuff to have come after were the Dark Horse comic stories.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed May 18, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Is it really sad that I don’t feel any interest for this franchise anymore like I was hard-core back in like 2017 to 2019 but now I just feel like I could care less, Probably because we have been getting mediocre to bad new material over the years, with alien isolation and dark horse comics being the exception. The games we’ve been having recently like Alien Fireteam and Predator Hunting Grounds are fun but quickly died out because of the lack of content, The movies are like another story Prometheus and alien covenant are mediocre and seems to further twisted the alien legacy by having them being made by David, if he did they are very vague about this. The predator movies I would say has been questionable, Predators what is indeed decent but did have some questionable decisions but the predator is the straw that broke the camels back, they just ruined the predator lore and what they stand by making them from honorable hunters from space into a generic alien invaders, and also having this stupid plot that the big predator comes after a small autistic child… oh did I not mention there was an actual pedophile in a deleted scene who has been exposed with proof that he was interacting with a minor, no wonder they called this movie “The Predator”. In the comics that are coming from Marvel‘s are so embarrassing, I haven’t read the comics so I have no valuables for the story but what I can’t say that the art style is The most insulting part about this with characters looking disjointed and off in every single angle to the aliens literally being traced over Neca toys, how does this man and Greg Land still has a job even though they have been exposed multiple times to be tracing over fan art and doing subpar work at their job. The new material from what I heard the new alien TV series aren’t really pleasant to begin, with it being setting on earth it just rubs me the wrong way, The new predator movie looks fine but I don’t really have a lot of hope over it I just generally don’t care about this franchise anymore, it’s generally depressing when I say that I really did care for this franchise back when I was younger the first two alien films were amoug the best in the franchise Hell I can even say in this genre they’re still up there, and it saddens me that a franchise like that go down to a place where we are now, that’s what happens when Estudio keeps on milking their products that goes to fox and disney on their own I still Love cartoon shows and movies but I do not stand by their actions. Really do wish that this franchise would pick itself up over the bad Contant but will have to wait and see and it would probably never happen.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:25 am
Spoiler:
Looks like complete and utter skreeonking garbage. Only great sequel is Predator 2. Won't be wasting my time with this.
Oh, come on. What don't you like about it? This looks like it would be a great addition to the Predator franchise.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Wed May 18, 2022 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

I'd agree with Crimson. Nothing so far gives me a negative view of the film. The director did a prenominal job with his last film and the premise seems like what everyone has been wanting the franchise to do (AKA, place a predator at different points in history). Main thing I'm really hoping for is a Predator vs. Bear fight.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

[looks at list] - Somebody gave votes to Alien vs. Predator: Requiem? Huh.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

H-Man wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:19 am [looks at list] - Somebody gave votes to Alien vs. Predator: Requiem? Huh.
For me, it's less of a "huh?" and more of a "da fauq, ese?!"
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

I'm one of them. I do not outright dislike AVPR. I like the Wolf Predator and Predalien, and the gore.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I find AVPR to be a fun film. I rewatch it from time to time.
While I usually am not interested in the Predator series outside of the AVP films, I am intrigued by the Prey concept. I like that the film takes place in the past, not usually done in alien movies.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Can't wait for Prey, eager to see not only much needed Native American representation but a more down to Earth Predator film. We definitely need this after Shane Black made the worst film in the franchise.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos