Hobby Japan Godzilla Perfection/Completion Books thread

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Hobby Japan Godzilla Perfection/Completion Books thread

Post by GigaBowserG »

Ryu wrote:Sorry, but I have a question:
The book of Godzilla Against Type-3 Kiryu (Mechagodzilla) Completion, was it worth buying? My doubt is in terms of content, behind the scenes, interviews and concept art. Is this good or a disappointment?
If you're a fan of those movies, then you'll probably get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Plenty of behind-the-scenes pictures, interviews with the cast, and unused plots (pretty sure one has Cyborg Shobijin). Sadly, not a whole lot of concept art, about 85% of it is for Kiryu and spans for only 5 out of the 140~ pages.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Ryu
Samurai

Post by Ryu »

Ok. Thanks for clarifying, some of my doubts GigaBowserG. The idea of cyborg shobijin seems a little crazy. A question is there any 3rd movie information in the Kiryu saga? It's just that a French magazine called Coyte was rumored to be godzilla vs godzilla. But all I saw now is Toho was more interested in the G: final wars than another Kiryu movie. Truth or lie? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for answering my questions.
Last edited by Ryu on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

"Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah Completion" is on the way. Hoping it'll have some neat stuff.

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Hi all, is the Gamera book worth buying? Is it in black and white?
And is the Heisei Perfection book in black and white?
I might pick up both the Godzilla and Gamera Heisei books if there is alot of concept art for unused ideas.
Last edited by Anguirus on Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Sorry for the double post, but I ordered the 1984 completion book on Ebay! I also ordered the Godzilla vs Destroyah one also!
Any upcoming Hobby Japan books for Godzilla movies? I see that there is a Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla one now, I'm kinda bummed they seem to have skipped Godzilla vs Mothra and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II.
Last edited by Anguirus on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Their Godzilla vs. Destoroyah one is seriously excellent, jam packed with content. Haven't heard anything about any upcoming releases yet, Godzilla vs. Mothra '92 feels like an inevitability given how many Japanese fans seems to love that movie. But I'm really crossing my fingers for a GMK Completion.
/crawls back under rock

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

GigaBowserG wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:10 am "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah Completion" is on the way. Hoping it'll have some neat stuff.

How is it?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I ordered the Kiryu saga Completion!

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 am But I'm really crossing my fingers for a GMK Completion.
That makes two. Oh wait, now we don't have to!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Andagi1 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:22 pm
GigaBowserG wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 am But I'm really crossing my fingers for a GMK Completion.
[]https://img.mandarake.co.jp/webshopimg/ ... 596440.jpg[/]
Just got mine in the mail today!! Super pleased with it. Can't wait to dig into "Godzilla x Varan, Baragon and Anguirus", which is provided in full!
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:08 pm
Just got mine in the mail today!! Super pleased with it. Can't wait to dig into "Godzilla x Varan, Baragon and Anguirus", which is provided in full!
Please do. My favorite parts of these books are all the new unmade film information.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Anguirus wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:37 pm I ordered the Kiryu saga Completion!
Good choice. :thumbsup:
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Jelly! I ordered from Mandarake so still waiting for shipping. Likewise hope to see elaboration on the original premise with the "quadruped" trio. Also extra shots of GMK Ghidorah since he's one of my fave incarnations.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Andagi1 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:43 pm

Jelly! I ordered from Mandarake so still waiting for shipping. Likewise hope to see elaboration on the original premise with the "quadruped" trio. Also extra shots of GMK Ghidorah since he's one of my fave incarnations.
Apparently someone on Twitter has it and is reading that part. I didn't pick up anything else cause I don't follow them. So are the Kiryu completion books out? So did the G vs King Ghidorah one have any juicy unmade concepts? Besides Future War??

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

GigaBowserG wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 am Their Godzilla vs. Destoroyah one is seriously excellent, jam packed with content. Haven't heard anything about any upcoming releases yet, Godzilla vs. Mothra '92 feels like an inevitability given how many Japanese fans seems to love that movie. But I'm really crossing my fingers for a GMK Completion.
Do you know how it compares to the GvD Super Complete Works?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Apparantly there was a Completion of King Kong vs Godzilla (1962) released last year also!
Imagine if we got one for Mothra vs Godzilla!! Although I suppose the KKvG one was released to cash in on the new movie last year I suppose.
Last edited by Anguirus on Mon May 09, 2022 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

shadowgigan wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:11 pm
GigaBowserG wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 am Their Godzilla vs. Destoroyah one is seriously excellent, jam packed with content. Haven't heard anything about any upcoming releases yet, Godzilla vs. Mothra '92 feels like an inevitability given how many Japanese fans seems to love that movie. But I'm really crossing my fingers for a GMK Completion.
Do you know how it compares to the GvD Super Complete Works?
The Super Complete Works have more of an emphasis on the stats and lore of the monsters, explaining their fictional histories, abilities, and the like. On the other hand, the Completion/Perfection books go much harder with the actual history for these movies - behind the scenes photos, concept artwork, early drafts, the timeline of events leading up to the movie's inception, and the like. They also tend to contain extensive interviews with the cast and staff who appeared/worked on the movie in question.

As much as I love the information regarding the actual monsters, the making of these movies is incredibly fascinating to me, particularly early drafts that introduce new monsters or elements that don't see use in the final product. Anytime there's a Completion announcement, it's an immediate pre-order for me.
Anguirus wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:05 am Apparantly there was a Completion of King Kong vs Godzilla (1962) released last year also!
Imagine if we got one for Mothra vs Godzilla!! Although I suppose the KKvG one was released to cash in on the new movie last year I suppose.
Undoubtedly released due to GvK, lol. There are still a number of movies left to cover, but after GMK, I'm game for pretty much everything.
/crawls back under rock

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Gotcha!
I wonder what the next release will be of. Godzilla vs Mothra would be sweet. Where would I be able to follow news of future installments?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Anguirus wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:54 am Gotcha!
I wonder what the next release will be of. Godzilla vs Mothra would be sweet. Where would I be able to follow news of future installments?
This site tends to update with info about future installments when they're available for pre-order. Either that, or certain Japanese Twitter pages.
/crawls back under rock

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:42 pm
Anguirus wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:54 am Gotcha!
This site tends to update with info about future installments when they're available for pre-order. Either that, or certain Japanese Twitter pages.
Thank you soo much! I'm hoping for a Godzilla vs Mothra and a Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 books.