Godzilla vs Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Battle Result Poll

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.

What was the result of the fight?

Godzilla won
19%
Megazord won
25%
Draw/inconclusive
56%

Total votes: 16

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Godzilla vs Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Battle Result Poll

Post by gottatalktothefake »

So a bunch of us were discussing the results of the Godzilla vs Megazord fight, it seemed pretty split between what we thought happened. So here’s a poll.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun May 01, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla vs Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Battle Result Poll

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Reading it over again, it’s pretty inconclusive. I think you misunderstood what I was saying in the other thread though; I meant that full-power Godzilla there would’ve probably been able to wipe the floor with the Megazord. Godzilla just fought two other creatures prior, and therefore wasn’t entering the fight fresh.

What I will say though is while it’s inconclusive, Godzilla took more damage, and got a pretty large gash put in him. Blue blood, and it’s especially rare to see that these days.

As an aside, I had to edit out your link to the issue. Please don’t post comic scans, especially of something that was just released to the forum.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun May 01, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:49 pm
As an aside, I had to edit out your link to the issue. Please don’t post comic scans, especially of something that was just released to the forum.
Got it
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Fuck it, let’s start a debate, and keep it here so it doesn’t clog up discussion on the main thread.

The main reason I’m almost 100% sure the author’s intent was a tie is because the clash had both characters get hit hard. Godzilla got stabbed pretty bad and Megazord got hit by an atomic breath almost point blank. You could have easily had the same plot points play out and Godzilla not get that shot in, but Cullen had that happen. So I’m pretty sure the intent is that there is no winner.

The main point I see from people who declare megazord the victor is that they were able to fight Gigan. Yes, but that was after the zords had a significant amount of time to repair themselves. Which Jason says they do very quickly.

Between fights the rangers 1:saved some civilians, 2:reverse engineered a Xilians UFO and 3: had a battle with the Xilians and Rita. That’s a huge chunk of time that the self repairing zords had. And even after that time, the zords were only at 70% integrity and the Megazord is barley able to hold itself together. If that’s the status report AFTER repair time, I can’t imagine the megazord was in any kind of fighting condition after the final clash.

This is further evidenced by the fact that the megazord couldn’t even attack any of the UFOs and immediately separated and retreated. While Godzilla actually knocked one out of the sky.

I’m pretty damn sure the authors intent was to have both parties be in no condition to fight afterwards, mostly to get Godzilla out of the story for a while.

I’m also pretty sure Godzilla is going to show up and fight Gigan, eye guy and rhinoblaster along with the megazord, mostly if not completely healed.

There, that’s my argument and counter points to the megazord won side. I know there’s 3 of you guys at least. I’d love to know your reasoning.

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

Uh, they both got dropped but Godzilla got back up first.

Hell, the megazord got folded by gigan because of how badly Godzilla damaged it

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Even power rangers fan sites are saying it was a draw

http://www.morphinlegacy.com/2022/05/bo ... eview.html