Godzilla & Kong Storyboard Artbook Kickstarter

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
gojiracentral
Ronin

Godzilla & Kong Storyboard Artbook Kickstarter

Post by gojiracentral »

Hello all!

I haven't seen anything on this kickstarter and just wanted to bring it to people's attention if it has slipped under the radar. Looks pretty cool.

Godzilla & Kong Storyboard Artbook - Featuring Over 200 Pages of The Cinematic Art of Richard Bennett

Apparently I can't post links; google/search for it on kickstarter!

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: Godzilla & Kong Storyboard Artbook Kickstarter

Post by Chris55 »

gojiracentral wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:30 am Hello all!

I haven't seen anything on this kickstarter and just wanted to bring it to people's attention if it has slipped under the radar. Looks pretty cool.

Godzilla & Kong Storyboard Artbook - Featuring Over 200 Pages of The Cinematic Art of Richard Bennett

Apparently I can't post links; google/search for it on kickstarter!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cl ... rd-artbook

looks like it met it's goal and then some
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Any reason why this needs to be kickstarted? Is this “official”?.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:57 am Any reason why this needs to be kickstarted? Is this “official”?.
I imagine the artist retains the rights to his art, but I do wonder if that's the case, he's ready for the legendary Toho Hammer™
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:57 am Any reason why this needs to be kickstarted? Is this “official”?.
Did an interview with them and it's question #1. Just waiting on artwork to be sent over before it gets posted.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

For those curious, the interview has been posted:

https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/interv ... nk-kanalz/

The reasons seem satisfactory enough, and it also seems to have the clear on the go-ahead of publishing. I'm debating doing to doing the pledge copy, or just contributing to the fund although it's already been surpassed.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Just got the book!

Concept from Kong: Skull Island wherein Tom Hiddleston's character has a Vietnam War flashback revealing a vision of Ghidorah!

MechaG becoming a shield (like an armadillo) as a homage to the 1974 film!

Cool how there was an initial concept to have MechaG chase Godzilla with his proton scream just like how Godzilla tried to tag Kong with his atomic ray:

From KOTM: looks like the team planned to foreshadow the monsters bowing to Godzilla at the end by having Mark bow down to the alpha wolf in his introduction scene
Formerly known as kurtzilla

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

kaijukurt wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:26 am Just got the book!

Concept from Kong: Skull Island wherein Tom Hiddleston's character has a Vietnam War flashback revealing a vision of Ghidorah!

MechaG becoming a shield (like an armadillo) as a homage to the 1974 film!

Cool how there was an initial concept to have MechaG chase Godzilla with his proton scream just like how Godzilla tried to tag Kong with his atomic ray:

From KOTM: looks like the team planned to foreshadow the monsters bowing to Godzilla at the end by having Mark bow down to the alpha wolf in his introduction scene
Unfortunately the photos aren't loading, I'd love it if you could re-upload them! May I also ask, is the book just filled with story boards? Or are there actual pieces of concept art in the book?

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

cloverfan98 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:47 pm Unfortunately the photos aren't loading, I'd love it if you could re-upload them! May I also ask, is the book just filled with story boards? Or are there actual pieces of concept art in the book?
Thanks for the heads up! Will get back to you on this as I'm out of town right now. :D
Formerly known as kurtzilla