IDW's GODZILLA Unmade

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Ryu
Samurai

IDW's GODZILLA Unmade

Post by Ryu »

Well create a thread to discuss IDW comics godzilla projects, which have not been realized, due to Toho or other reasons.
Here is the art of Tristan Jones, who went to a comic that was rejected by Toho. Reason? Have Shin-godzilla desing.
Tristan claims that he ended up giving up.
https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status ... 4584193034
I leave it here to discuss other canceled IDW comics projects.
Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: IDW's GODZILLA Unmade

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Wait HE wanted to use Shin Godzilla or Toho wanted him to use Shin Godzilla?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yeah, I was going to address this earlier, but this feels like a bit accusatory based on zero evidence and actually just flat out wrong. According to the twitter post (which is nice art btw), the artist decided for one reason or the other (not clarified) to not submit anything. In the comments, he states that this was a blank slate design context that Toho stated that any design was cool, but not Shin Godzilla's design. It wasn't a cancelled comic, or anything remotely of the sort.

If you want to discuss unmade Godzilla comic creations/ideas that's totally cool, but lets not take things out of context or accuse people of things willy-nilly.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:52 pm Yeah, I was going to address this earlier, but this feels like a bit accusatory based on zero evidence and actually just flat out wrong. According to the twitter post (which is nice art btw), the artist decided for one reason or the other (not clarified) to not submit anything. In the comments, he states that this was a blank slate design context that Toho stated that any design was cool, but not Shin Godzilla's design. It wasn't a cancelled comic, or anything remotely of the sort.
I wonder why toho refuses to let him use the SG design
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:55 pm I wonder why toho refuses to let him use the SG design
It would appear to be part of a contest to submit your own original Godzilla designs. Hence why a Shin Godzilla design wouldn't be accepted. This is all based off the remarks of one person, that may have been misunderstood, so let's not look too much into it.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh okay. I like his art indeed and that Jet Jaguar. He did a very fierce looking GMK Godzilla.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

We need Minilla saves Christmas, the world needs it.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:36 pm We need Minilla Saves Christmas, the world needs it.
I've got a better title for it: Minilla, The Kaiju Who Saved Christmas! Beat that, Garfield!