GODZILLA VS MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA VS MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS

Post by Shenanigans »

Issue #3:

GODZILLA VS MMPR #3
(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Freddie Williams II (CA) Freddie Williams II, Alex Sanchez
From IDW Publishing and Boom! Studios, two titanic powers collide in an intercompany crossover event you never expected... but one that makes complete sense!

Everyone reading this series is expecting a team-up, and here it is! Only, this might not be what they had in mind! What's worse than a villainous monster from the Godzilla universe? Villainous monsters from the Godzilla and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers universes! And they're joining forces to destroy the Power Rangers!

Written by superstar scribe Cullen Bunn (Godzilla: Cataclysm) and illustrated by artist extraordinaire Freddie Williams II (Batman/TMNT)!
Not entirely sure what I'm looking at there. Half a cover? Also curious to see what other Godzilla foes will be appearing in this crossover.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:02 pm Issue #3:

GODZILLA VS MMPR #3
(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Freddie Williams II (CA) Freddie Williams II, Alex Sanchez
From IDW Publishing and Boom! Studios, two titanic powers collide in an intercompany crossover event you never expected... but one that makes complete sense!

Everyone reading this series is expecting a team-up, and here it is! Only, this might not be what they had in mind! What's worse than a villainous monster from the Godzilla universe? Villainous monsters from the Godzilla and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers universes! And they're joining forces to destroy the Power Rangers!

Written by superstar scribe Cullen Bunn (Godzilla: Cataclysm) and illustrated by artist extraordinaire Freddie Williams II (Batman/TMNT)!
Not entirely sure what I'm looking at there. Half a cover? Also curious to see what other Godzilla foes will be appearing in this crossover.
Only 1/3, here is the rest

https://mobile.twitter.com/Martian_Rang ... 3054001154
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:15 pm
Shenanigans wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:02 pm
Only 1/3, here is the rest

https://mobile.twitter.com/Martian_Rang ... 3054001154
Suppose that pic answers both my questions, hehe. No surprise to see Ghidorah getting in on the action. Awesome covers!

Also, artist Freddie Williams II has been sharing lots of concept art for the series on his Twitter - worth a look!

https://twitter.com/Freddieart

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I love those Godzilla designs. Looks like a more physically built Shin, with its own personality. Really excited for this now.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

It looks like Super nuked Godzilla to me.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

That’s a pretty cool Ghidorah design. Kind of fitting for him to team up with Goldar.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

“ Godzilla and the Megazord team up to battle a host of giant monsters-some from the world of the Power Rangers, some from Godzilla's world! Meanwhile, the Green Ranger attempts a daring escape from the clutches of Rita! And the most terrifying challenge yet from Godzilla's greatest foe is about to erupt into a full-blown kaiju free-for-all!”

Well there it is

Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Spoiler:
Looks like dragonzord gets his shit rocked by Godzilla

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Issue #4:

GODZILLA VS MMPR #4 (OF 5)
​(W) Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Freddie Williams II
Godzilla and the Megazord team up to battle a host of giant monsters-some from the world of the Power Rangers, some from Godzilla's world! Meanwhile, the Green Ranger attempts a daring escape from the clutches of Rita! And the most terrifying challenge yet from Godzilla's greatest foe is about to erupt into a full-blown kaiju free-for-all!
In Shops: Jun 22, 2022
SRP: $3.99

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I assume this will be released in TPB form a few months after it completes the individual issues run. Has any kind of date been mentioned for such a TPB yet?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

^ Not yet, as far as I know.

Anyways, we got a preview! Issue #1 is out NEXT WEEK, 3/23!

https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-peek ... le-3-23-33

As someone who is only vaguely familiar with Power Rangers (was a fan as a kid, don't remember much anymore), I hope this series is reasonably accessible to everyone. That includes PR fans who might not be very familiar with Godzilla.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Will this be available online?

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:37 pm Will this be available online?
Should be on Amazon release day.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

A quick little "video preview" has been released featuring artwork from upcoming issues. If you want to avoid spoilers, avoid this video, because it shows off a whooooole bunch of monsters, from both franchises.

https://twitter.com/Godzilla_Toho/statu ... 4984430601

Not gonna lie, was kind of expecting Ghidorah and Gigan to be it on the Godzilla side, but evidently not. There is a lot going on in this series; I hope it isn't too overstuffed!

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Spoiler:
That's awesome Soccadillo and Eye Guy are making appearances. I did not expect Kamakuras or Kumonga to be in this comic. This will be fun.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Spoiler:
Godzilla decimated dragonzord, goddamn

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Crazy first issue. Almost surreal, even. I liked that it included a bunch of different things from both universes, not just the title characters and one or two enemies. Damn fun read, excited for the next few. Hopefully we get a TPB out of this.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:30 am Crazy first issue. Almost surreal, even. I liked that it included a bunch of different things from both universes, not just the title characters and one or two enemies. Damn fun read, excited for the next few. Hopefully we get a TPB out of this.
TPB?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Trade paperback. Collection of all the issues. I'm worried the dual company situation may not get us one.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:30 am Crazy first issue. Almost surreal, even. I liked that it included a bunch of different things from both universes, not just the title characters and one or two enemies. Damn fun read, excited for the next few. Hopefully we get a TPB out of this.

How long was it? I may try and pick it up today.