Manga of Godzilla Singular Point?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
JessIAm
Samurai

Manga of Godzilla Singular Point?

Post by JessIAm »

I'd love to see a manga of Godzilla: Singular Point, that further explains some of the hard science fiction ideas presented in the anime.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Manga of Godzilla Singular Point?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I have an interest in how manga adaptations differ and distinguish themselves from the final product. A manga adaptation would be cool because there's more space to write out the dialogue. I'm all for it. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this eventually happens, but we'll see.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Whether based on Singular Point or not, it feels like a long running Godzilla manga is something that should exist but somehow doesn't.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Angilasman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:54 am Whether based on Singular Point or not, it feels like a long running Godzilla manga is something that should exist but somehow doesn't.
There's a lot more Godzilla manga than you thin (both adaptations and new) but it all comes from the late 90's. With Manga having a worldwide readership now, and Toho trying to make Godzilla more interventional, you'd expect something like that.

My only theory is that the IDW comics sort of fulfill that role. They're released in Japan, and they're colorful, so perhaps better than manga.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:01 pm
Angilasman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:54 am Whether based on Singular Point or not, it feels like a long running Godzilla manga is something that should exist but somehow doesn't.
There's a lot more Godzilla manga than you thin (both adaptations and new) but it all comes from the late 90's. With Manga having a worldwide readership now, and Toho trying to make Godzilla more interventional, you'd expect something like that.

My only theory is that the IDW comics sort of fulfill that role. They're released in Japan, and they're colorful, so perhaps better than manga.
Any chance that this "internationalization" of Godzilla will result in Toho re-releasing some of these manga? I'd love to get fully translated versions of the Heisei ones. To my knowledge, only Return of Godzilla got a US release by Dark Horse under "Terror of Godzilla".
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns