Monster Discussion: Trilopods/Magita

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Monster Discussion: Trilopods/Magita

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

With the recent string of main site updates being the bios of the Trilopods and their queen, figured a thread to discuss the IDW original creation would be a good call.

I absolutely adore the Trilopods. Their base design is sick, and their main power of absorbing and using the powers of other kaiju is used super well. They feel damn dangerous all throughout their time on “screen”.

Magita does feel kinda slapped on to an ending that feels rushed, but I still really like her even if she should have gotten more screentime and buildup. Seeing a kaiju that fucking massive is a trip, especially in the Godzilla series, and her fight with the group and then “Crimson” Godzilla is still a dope conclusion.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Discussion: Trilopods/Magita

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think they're great, but I wish we got to see more of them in their base forms prior to transforming into the hybrids. Additionally, and I'm sure there's some reason for this, it annoys me that the comics don't outright say the Trilopods were augmented by Orga's DNA.

To me, it's annoying how Orga appears and is a big deal in issue 6, only for him to disappear and vanish from the series. While I still would've liked to see Orga more in the series, it's believable to assume that Organization is just Godzilla DNA+whatever alien life the Cryogs have. Likewise, then the Trilopods are the Insect Creature+Orga Hybrid as the article discusses.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

While they're not my absolute favorite monsters in the entire franchise, I freaking love the Trilopods. It's a risk to go out of your way to create a new Kaiju to add to the 60+ year old roster, but Matt did exactly that and blew it out of the water.

Magita is cool, but definitely falls way too fast to feel like a genuinely threatening final antagonist.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I was really disappointed Magita was taken down solely by Godzilla rather than a team effort.