Godzilla Monsters and Protectors #2 Discussion

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Godzilla Monsters and Protectors #2 Discussion

Post by Shenanigans »

Issue #2 came out this Wednesday!

It's a rather slow-moving series, evidently. I'm still enjoying it - the artwork continues to deliver. I particularly like the Shobijin's vision of Godzilla's ice age.

The Shobijin, as predicted, are a highlight, being treated as two individuals instead of a hivemind. I was surprised to see one even suggest that humanity deserved Godzilla's wrath. And I appreciate some of the campiness - the bad guys want to destroy Godzilla partly because of all the damage he inflicted, but mostly because... he embarrassed the company. Love it. :lol:

I like it, but I can see others being frustrated. I like the framing device and think its unique, but it might be dominating too much of the story, making it feel pretty slow. This issue set up a lot so I'm excited to see things kick into high gear!

eburnham
Ronin

Re: Godzilla Monsters and Protectors #2 Discussion

Post by eburnham »

It's a tricky thing to make something work as single chapters but not be too repetitive for an evergreen trade.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I'm irritated, I asked for Monsters and Protectors to be added to my pull list! It wasn't in my stack and I didn't see it on the shelf, maybe they just didn't come in this week. I've reread the first issue a few times and I'm really looking forward to seeing where the series goes!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

According to Amazon, the trade for Godzilla: Monsters & Protectors will be released on February 15, 2022 for $9.99. https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Monster ... 15&sr=8-15