April fools Joke: Legendary Godzilla Vs Shin Godzilla Comic announced

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LegendZilla
Sazer

April fools Joke: Legendary Godzilla Vs Shin Godzilla Comic announced

Post by LegendZilla »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/godzil ... s-roundup/

What do you people have to say on such a development? It is a possibility that they just might start to explore the multiverse angle of Godzilla in this work? Fill me in.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Legendary Godzilla Vs Shin Godzilla Comic announced

Post by _JNavs_ »

This is so incredibly epic
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

On second thought, this just might be an April fools joke. I looked at the news section of this website and could not any external sources confirming that a comic event like this will be a thing.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:55 pm On second thought, this just might be an April fools joke. I looked the news section of this website and could not any external sources confirming that a comic event like this will be a thing.
Just realized this, you got me good Toho Kingdom. :lol:
Formerly known as kurtzilla

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It'd be mad corny if it was an April fools considering it was posted on the 31st.

That'd be tone deaf.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:15 am It'd be mad corny if it was an April fools considering it was posted on the 31st.

That'd be tone deaf.
Time zones are a thing.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, my dudes, the site lists it as news for March 32. Classic TK April Fools joke.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

AT least they're not jacking with the structure of the site or forums like they usually do.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I dunno, I'm kinda torn on this one. On one hand, good joke. Subtle enough to not be figured out immediately. But on the other hand, this kinda goes against the usual spirit of the TK April Fool's pranks. Usually it's something funny yet harmless, like ads on the front page, or the site is now Daiei Kingdom. But this one is a more "mean spirited" (for lack of a better wording at the moment) prank that gets you excited for a new entry in the franchise only to go "j/k, you got excited for nothing." At least make it a funny/obvious crossover like Godzilla vs. Ultraman and Power Rangers and Pacific Rim, or something. :shrug:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: April fools Joke: Legendary Godzilla Vs Shin Godzilla Comic announced

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So it's been confirmed that it was an April fools Joke. Shame because I got fooled too, even if briefly and was excited.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.