The Godzilla Comic & The Godzilla Comic Raids Again: Gigantis the Fire Comic-possible English-language versions?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Godzilla Comic & The Godzilla Comic Raids Again: Gigantis the Fire Comic-possible English-language versions?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Angilasman wrote:With manga being a huge established thing here in the states and with Godzilla seemingly more popular than ever you think that official English releases of Godzilla manga would be... something that would exist!.
Definitely. Especially with how cool manga is to collect and physically have on a shelf.

Added in 9 days 6 hours 20 minutes 50 seconds:
So update, I finished translating Monster Warrior Godzilla, you can read about it here:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 28&t=29529

Anyways, I have a better scanner now. Before I was relying on scans I found online. I've also gotten better at it, knowing how to make the images clearer, so expect higher quality scans in the future. Since I have both Godzilla Comic, and The Godzilla Comic raids again, over the course of time I intend to scan and translate both, as well as some other obscure Godzilla manga. It's interesting seeing things like the "Bio-Ghidorah" posted with little context, because often where the images are from are more interested than the random new monster. Ie, the Bio-Ghidorah Fusion actually appears in a manga in an alternate reality where the X-Seijins control an outer space Ghidorah and attack Godzilla and the earth, not the Futurians.

Currently I'm working on "Another Godzilla Story", it's pretty interesting. Due to Corona I have a lot more free time, expect it in the coming weeks.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.